Sponsored by:

A couple of questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2011, 06:23 PM
Keta
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of questions!

Some potential bargains out there if you are prepared to take a risk! I'm off on my holidays next week but I am returning with a 7k budget for a Blobeye STI.

Now I'm prob gonna get raped when moving current insurance to new vehicle or consider cancelling and starting a new with the suggestions on the site! Best I got on Confused was £900 for someone 31 with 14 years no claims I hear KM, A-Plan and Sky can smash that price. Still seem high though as a Corvette C5 and VX220 Turbo are both quicker and of more value and both cost me £500 to insure with Adrian Flux.

Now with these insurance companies how would they look at Cat D, I have read mods and JDM make little difference with these companies. Is Cat D the same or a deffo no no? I could potentially get an 05 Cat D. Never had a Cat D but sometimes the crash pictures look bad but its only panels when you inspect them further!

Second question is how bad does the oil get on these? Some cars can be had for cheap with "lost" history. A risk for sure but if not documented I will change the cam and all fluids myself anywhere and any FSH will end with me anyhow! Providing no smoke/running issues. But just checking oil colour may show whether it has been recently serviced or not! I ask because the C5 was a very lazy 5.7 V8 and I changed the oil yearly and it almost looked the same as when I put it in! Other cars its black within a few miles!

I will probably end up playing safe but could always consider some additional options to get a better car for my money!

Last edited by Keta; 08 May 2011 at 06:25 PM.