Hi. All

im looking to upgrade the car and engine any tips or advise

i would like about 350bhp and to stop the understeer

this is my first subaru and i dont know nothing
Old 02 May 2011, 07:27 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You understand that the second you remap your car, its out of warranty for all parts? So if you have any dreaded failures its you who will have to pay....

Otherwise you can go PPP, which retains your warranty and gives you a few more horses

As to the understeer, the latest cars are not that prone to it, the A-DCCD covers that, and its pretty good at doing it
What other performance cars have you owned before the subaru??

Tony
Old 02 May 2011, 07:41 PM
Manualman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tony

The first real taste of power for me personally was a golf ed30 @ 330bhp, i know the subaru is a different beast for starters the golf with dsg drove itself all i had to do was point it

Ive moved on and wanted something more involving

It does understeer unless you power up and when i do give it some it corrects itself and pulls me in the direction i got the wheels
it feels good but you cant go into the roundabouts to fast or it will understeer

cheers Les
Old 02 May 2011, 08:05 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Manualman
It does understeer unless you power up and when i do give it some it corrects itself and pulls me in the direction i got the wheels
it feels good but you cant go into the roundabouts to fast or it will understeer

cheers Les
You chicken your not suppose to back off put some faith in the A-DCCD, the first time I went into a corner quickly the car oversteered, the first reaction is to back off, I kept the power steady and the car corrected that and was then nice and neutral, I think your just not use to the way the car handles, AWD is a little different, especially with the extra electronic gadgets like the yaw sensors and A-DCCD.
Best thing to do is a nice open area and some cones (airfields are great for this ) and just play alot

Tony
Old 02 May 2011, 08:06 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hate to correct you Tony but PPP isnt available for the 2011 cars. However subaru are developing a 320r Kit to go on all new sti's purchased.

The idea isnt to let off the throttle when cornering imho Give it a bootfull of throttle the car will sort itself out
Old 02 May 2011, 08:13 PM
Manualman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tony

i think chicken is spot on the thought of putting my 34grand car in the ditch stops me a bit

the golf you could go in fast but not come out very well just alot of wheel spin

i need to get in a wide open space and get this car to dance can you recommend any good places to do this without costing an arm and a leg