Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone used/had a Powerflow exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2011, 06:22 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Anyone used/had a Powerflow exhaust ?

I know they are a franchise etc so no 2 systems will be the same (as different places/people will of made it etc) but has anyone used/had one and what was the sound/quality like ?

used them many yrs ago for other cars but they were just things like Cav GSI/Primera GT,nothing with any real power.

would it make for a crap system ?

i have the Blitz Nyr Spec R at the minute but hate it,so looking to change but i want an angled system but 2nd hand theres nothing about,only a powerflow system local to me.

cheers for opinions
Old 28 April 2011, 06:40 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

donkey years ago on my xr2i and about 10 years ago on saxo vts. Always found holes in the welds but they always welded it with out a problem.
Old 28 April 2011, 06:46 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Cheers,thats the same as me,i have had them fitted to normal cars but dont know if the burble sound will be the same etc from powerflow as they are just systems cobbled together on the day,will the performance altered etc etc as when you buy the Blitz/vortex/miltek you get all the speil about tested performance etc,suppose thats why they are extra £££

cheers
Old 28 April 2011, 07:11 PM
Scooby Arthur
Scooby Regular

I used Powerflow in Newtoft in Lincolnshire, didnt get a whole exhaust done but needed a small 12" silencer for the mini. All I can say is that the welding was frankly shocking, I am not good at welding but I am pretty sure I could have done a better job.

Having seen the quality of the work and their premises (cant mandrel bend 3", they buy it in then cut and weld it) I certainly wont be going back.

As you say, it is a franchise so somewhere else could be really good.

I have always used Longlife in Leeds before and will be going back to them in the future, they are a bit of a drive from me and a bit more expensive but from my experience, well worth it.
Old 28 April 2011, 08:32 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

power wise my vts made 147 and all it had was a powerflow full system includin decat viper cold air feed and a supersprint manifold. so I guess they do make the power but how long they last for is another story you do get life time warranty and you need to go for yearly inspections with them too other wise your warranty is invalid. I've seen a few scoobies with power flow exhausts and yes they still sound the nuts.

for power gains you want something with less bends as possible or no silencers like a straight through system. you get what you pay for I guess Hayward and Scott seem to make good systems and they cater for more or less everything.
Old 28 April 2011, 09:17 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I have a powerflow backbox welded onto a straight through 3" system, never had a problem with it in four years TBH.
Old 28 April 2011, 09:21 PM
EH52WRX
Scooby Regular

Its the same old thing, as a product its ok. Its the person that is fitting it, is normally the problem. Calder Motor Company fitted one on my 4x4, and they did a fantastic job, it did take them 2 days. LOL

Trending Topics

Old 28 April 2011, 09:29 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys

RA Dunk,whats the sound like with yours, as im wanting to get away from the blitz loudness but dont want too quiet,somewhere inbetween, how does it compare,is it still throaty/burbly but nice at 60/90+ etc ?

cheers
Old 28 April 2011, 09:32 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

EH52WRX is spot on, it's the person making it rather than the company itself.

Our local Powerflow place as a brilliant welder/fabricator, he made a fantastic system for a friends Skyline.

I'd consider using him if i didn't have a nice Milltek already.
Old 28 April 2011, 10:03 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Thats the only thing i cant check on,buying it 2nd hand etc,all i can go on is the pics etc,its a slip joint to the mid section from the backbox

if i can get it cheap enough,i wont mind LOL

cheers
Old 28 April 2011, 10:42 PM
Jim-Bob
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, I have a powerflow back box that was on the standard pipework of a turbo 2000 and i thought it sounded lovely, not massively loud. Anyway the back box is up for sale for £40 plus p&p, let me know via pm if interested and I can send you detailled pics of all the welded seems!
Old 29 April 2011, 08:20 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rig
Cheers guys

RA Dunk,whats the sound like with yours, as im wanting to get away from the blitz loudness but dont want too quiet,somewhere inbetween, how does it compare,is it still throaty/burbly but nice at 60/90+ etc ?

cheers
I have a set of GT headers fitted so don't get the burble at high revs anyway so can't really compare, it's not that loud TBH think I was something like either 94.5 or 96.5 decibels when noise tested at ScoobyShoot Out last year and I'm almost sure I got a bloody long warranty with it as well (ive lost the paper work) so cant find out how long the warranty was for, I would nip out and take a few photos of it for you but the cars in the garage 'again'.
Old 29 April 2011, 08:49 AM
SPORTWAGONROY
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ye one of my family had a cat back powerflow on his uk turbo
Sounded real nice lovely burble