Sponsored by:

Time Attack series- Newcomer/rookie,- definately one to watch

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2011, 11:49 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time Attack series- Newcomer/rookie,- definately one to watch

watched benno today at his debut at oulton park, mixing it with the more experienced boys today, car not fully reduced in weight, and despite a really unlucky final round was the one to watch! a well known and more experienced user from here was even taking tips on the "correct" line. well done today chris, and in my eyes you learnt a lot from today and anglesea is yours for the taking with the final upgrades bringing you in line with your competitors spec
Old 17 April 2011, 08:12 AM
benno22
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate, was good to have you, stu, steve and lee there! Learnt a few things the hard way but brilliant experience. Was good to be in the same garage as paul doyle and duncan though intimidating! (Hasn't been mentioned but just to show the spirit of TA pauls mechanic (dave) spent the best part of 2 hours helping duncan put his replacement diff in). Thought Lee was outstanding all day and has gone about the whole thing the right way and was gutted for Big Fud (though i'm sure he'll get his money back from that WR1). Car on a diet, stiffer springs and losing the standard wrx rear 2 pots!! Not quite TA level lol
Old 17 April 2011, 08:23 AM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Well done Chris, good day yesterday
Old 17 April 2011, 08:32 AM
Toffee
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the kind comments fella, unforunately the (high spec) Evo's beat us at the end, GREAT day out and looking forward to doing it again
Old 17 April 2011, 08:36 AM
benno22
Scooby Regular

Cheers Bren, glad you twisted my arm to do it now! Thanks for the support and sandwiches!
Old 17 April 2011, 08:59 AM
benno22
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Toffee
Thanks for the kind comments fella, unforunately the (high spec) Evo's beat us at the end, GREAT day out and looking forward to doing it again
Think you should do the season mate!
Completely different to a track day, pressure slowly building up to the final, quality day. (you don't get pirelli girls at elvington either )
Old 17 April 2011, 09:00 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by benno22
Cheers mate, was good to have you, stu, steve and lee there! Learnt a few things the hard way but brilliant experience. Was good to be in the same garage as paul doyle and duncan though intimidating! (Hasn't been mentioned but just to show the spirit of TA pauls mechanic (dave) spent the best part of 2 hours helping duncan put his replacement diff in). Thought Lee was outstanding all day and has gone about the whole thing the right way and was gutted for Big Fud (though i'm sure he'll get his money back from that WR1). Car on a diet, stiffer springs and losing the standard wrx rear 2 pots!! Not quite TA level lol
Sounds like I missed a good day out, but that doesn't sound good about fuds wr1! What happened?
Old 17 April 2011, 09:28 AM
benno22
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie1982
Sounds like I missed a good day out, but that doesn't sound good about fuds wr1! What happened?
He had a bottom end problem so called it a day early but prior was flying.
Was a good day, stu and the lads nearly became pit crew as it was all hands on deck at one stage!
Old 26 April 2011, 11:02 AM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

You did great kidda and thanks for the heads up gt3 rs on its way .....
Old 26 April 2011, 07:03 PM
Toffee
Scooby Regular

Think you should do the season mate!
Completely different to a track day, pressure slowly building up to the final, quality day. (you don't get pirelli girls at elvington either )
"Pressure slowly building"? yeah since last October TOP day out though
Old 27 April 2011, 07:45 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was good to be with you in the garage Chris

and yes you are right I havent done my write up yet ... i am working on it though and will be up by the end of the week. Dave along with others (and me) seemed to spent too much of the day under the car when we should have been with the pirelli girls
Old 27 April 2011, 08:33 AM
benno22
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dynamix
Was good to be with you in the garage Chris

and yes you are right I havent done my write up yet ... i am working on it though and will be up by the end of the week. Dave along with others (and me) seemed to spent too much of the day under the car when we should have been with the pirelli girls
Lol
Well done on your win, you kept a cool head off the track when the sh*t hit the fan, was quality to watch Think giving you my (lucky) garage won it for you! (didn't really have a choice seeing as though bren had plastered it with 'BC Coilover' flags everyehere )
Learnt lots from the day and about the car and me, hopefully both will improve.

Last edited by benno22; 27 April 2011 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Can't spell