Sponsorship......

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2011, 08:23 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Sponsorship......

Hi Guys,

I have decided to track my car after some serious debate over the last 4mths. Basically I bought the car as a non runner 8mths ago with the intention of putting it back on the road standard, but as im plagued with the power hunting bug, I have decided to make it a 'semi track car' and by that I mean a daily commuter (occasionaly with low miles) with the intention of competing in track days such as Scooby Shootout, Grudgment, Hill climbs and maybe even TOTB depending on how far I go with the modifications .

Anyway the Car certainly isnt anywhere near track standard at the moment, however me-being-me decided to ask my employement (the other job) for some funding towards up and coming event in return for some advertisements on my car, but as this is sprung on them they havent any allocated funds to assist this year, but they said they will certainly look into this for next year once they know more details, and they would require suggestions for what I had in mind

SO.... what do I ask for please?

Thanks,
Rob
Old 13 April 2011, 09:23 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob Day
SO.... what do I ask for please?

Rob
A miracle?
Old 13 April 2011, 09:35 PM
CHOLTON
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hasn't the financial year only just begun ?
Old 13 April 2011, 09:47 PM
DamienP1
Scooby Regular

as above a miracle.........unless your a well known race driver within the industry I can't see anyone wanting to sponsor when theres not even a car built for it...........defo no-one to give you kit ie tuning companies.......the best you can do is go local and try and get companies from your local area but again it will be asking way to much.........failing that you can phone red bull and get a huge can put on your car.......now that would be a sponsor
Old 13 April 2011, 10:29 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

just fund it yourself rob you aint going to compete with the big boys as i have learned, just have fun enter a few events and take it from there thats going to be my approach any way!

Good luck
Old 13 April 2011, 10:41 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry guys I think I have misled you. Im 99% adamant I will get sponsors from my work, just not now. They are very open to suggestions, and as im working up the ladder I already have fingers in pies , we already sponsor many other activities including football, rugby, and many other small orgnisations.
Old 13 April 2011, 11:20 PM
DamienP1
Scooby Regular

ahhhhh right I get you.........well certainly try and get them to help fund competing costs for events and maybe towards some kind of running costs like money towards tyres etc etc.........hope it works out for you Rob