Sponsored by:

oop's

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2011, 06:25 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oop's

damn !! thought it would b a walk in the park fitting bonnet pins to my scoob ? painted the pin surrounds matt black to match the bonnet and make things a bit more subtle ! only by the time i was finished they are now scratched to ***,bent and needed drilling out to allow for the pins, as i didnt line them perfectly !! god they were a complete nightmare ! didnt realise the bonnet had 3 layers of metal to drill through either !! got sum serious tidying to do now but apart from the carnage they look cooooool also ive finally got an sti air splitter to fit my sti i/c and it has the water spray fitted to it . does it hook up to the washer piping ?? " feel free to take **** if it doesnt ? "
Old 22 March 2011, 06:39 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

im sure you have to get the big water bottle that goes in the boot for the ic spray

Last edited by peter zippy reid; 22 March 2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: missed a bit
Old 22 March 2011, 07:02 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

yeah its a different tank for ic spray mate you could just tap into the window wash but 2 porblems 1. every time you spray the intercooler you will wash the window or 2. if you redirect the whole window wash you cant wash your window and every time you spray the ic your window wipers will go you could get a seperate pump and switch but prob just easier to fit the subaru ic spray bottle as it has the pump attached and is pritty simple to wire in
Old 22 March 2011, 10:45 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by initialD
damn !! thought it would b a walk in the park fitting bonnet pins to my scoob ? painted the pin surrounds matt black to match the bonnet and make things a bit more subtle ! only by the time i was finished they are now scratched to ***,bent and needed drilling out to allow for the pins, as i didnt line them perfectly !! god they were a complete nightmare ! didnt realise the bonnet had 3 layers of metal to drill through either !! got sum serious tidying to do now but apart from the carnage they look cooooool also ive finally got an sti air splitter to fit my sti i/c and it has the water spray fitted to it . does it hook up to the washer piping ?? " feel free to take **** if it doesnt ? "

I was planning on fitting some bonnet pins this weekend, think i'll give it a miss now unless you have any tips..
Old 22 March 2011, 11:25 PM
JR WRX
Scooby Regular

don't link it to the screenwash, the i/c spray needs just neat/pure water. If there's anything else in the water (screenwash etc) the temperature of the i/c will evaporate the water but leave a concentrated hot screenwash gunk all over the i/c that at the least will clog it up, at the worst starting eating away the metal.

James
Old 22 March 2011, 11:28 PM
sedge69
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics please
Old 22 March 2011, 11:35 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious......why did you need bonnet pins ?

My OEM bonnet was just fine until I replaced it with a carbon fibre jobby.......it flapped like a demented chicken on steroids and it *needed* bonnet pins to keep it from scaring me to death LOL

Shaun

Trending Topics

Old 23 March 2011, 12:14 AM
initialD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
I was planning on fitting some bonnet pins this weekend, think i'll give it a miss now unless you have any tips..
as long as u take ur time (unlike myself) its quite simple only thing is u are quite limited to where u mount the pins to start wiv as there is always sumthin in the way !! but once they are bolted on put sum paint on the tops and shut the bonnet gently onto them , this gives u the exact points to drill . this is where i rushed it and nearly needed a new bonnet ! make sure u take time to drill holes at the right angle cos as u shut bonnet the pins obviously need to pass through and thats easier said than done lol !! but good luk sure u do a better job than me .
Old 23 March 2011, 12:17 AM
initialD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sedge69
pics please
sorry fella u dont want to see it mate trust me lol
Old 23 March 2011, 12:19 AM
sedge69
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry fella u dont want to see it mate trust me lol

yes we do
Old 23 March 2011, 12:21 AM
initialD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Just curious......why did you need bonnet pins ?

My OEM bonnet was just fine until I replaced it with a carbon fibre jobby.......it flapped like a demented chicken on steroids and it *needed* bonnet pins to keep it from scaring me to death LOL

Shaun
ever since the eclipse in fast and furious " which is what got me into cars " and the american motors like mustangs and chargers etc i love the look of the pins with the wire that loops under the bonnet just thought it would suit the look of matt bonnet , wen its done right i think it works well ? like to b a bit different from the norm
Old 23 March 2011, 12:27 AM
initialD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sedge69
yes we do
hahah actually id like to put up a pic just to show how pro i am ! but dont know how me and computers