Sponsored by:

WHY????

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2011, 06:03 PM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY????

after talking to a bloke the other day with a mint hawk sti i started to wonder why people with the sti imprezas slate the wrx cars.i can understand the scoobie vs evo thing but sti vs wrx WTF. ive had an import sti and have now got an import wrx classic that im just as happy with. the sti cost me £3500 back in 2005 and i payed £900 insurance.i fitted a fmic and induction kit and full stainless turbo back exhaust and it was around 300bhp i was a happy bunny but sold it.after a year away i got my import wrx and it was standerd when i bought it but the turbo was naff and i got it for £1300 and pay £429 fully comp insurance.it runs at 307bhp with a td05 turbo,autobahn fmic chipped ecu full stainless turbo back exhaust (again happy) and it drives just as good so why the spilt between sti wrx?
Old 13 March 2011, 06:23 PM
CHOLTON
Scooby Regular

No split with me , I drive an STI and would never look down on someone in a WRX or non turbo model just as I wouldn't expect someone in a Spec C STI too look down on me. A scoobs a scoob !
Old 13 March 2011, 06:27 PM
QUICKSCOOB
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,I've got an 05 STi Type UK which i have been modding since i bought it in April 06 and my mates say it's mint.Love the car but if i see ANY Scooby on the road i give them a wave.90% wave back.So there you are,an STi driver that loves all Scoobys.
Old 13 March 2011, 06:30 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

I rememeber when I first had my scooby - every other scooby was waving at me yet I didnt know why. So glad I didn't give the finger lol
Old 13 March 2011, 06:34 PM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

im in total agreement with you both i dont get it but after looking around on here some of the guys are just like the other guy i spoke to."dont buy a wrx you will regret it" i wouldnt slate another scoob but i got this bee in my bonnet about this devide and i dont get it
Old 13 March 2011, 06:36 PM
Saalro
Scooby Regular

Because they have no imagination to make a base model better than an STI

Thanks
Sam
Old 13 March 2011, 06:36 PM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
I rememeber when I first had my scooby - every other scooby was waving at me yet I didnt know why. So glad I didn't give the finger lol
i used to wonder why i got flashed all the time lol

Trending Topics

Old 13 March 2011, 06:41 PM
andy-m
Scooby Regular

as a base for modding, the STI is beter than the wrx, at least with classice (Dunno about newage). thats the only reason i can think of.
personaly, a scoob's a scoob. i wave to all, except forresters, legacies and anything without a scoop, unless they wave first cuz less enthusiasts drive them.
Old 13 March 2011, 06:47 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i love all subaru's, im always waving at them but half of them dont wave back....
Old 13 March 2011, 06:49 PM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

i understand the sti is a better base but surely both sti and wrx are the same untill you go over 350bhp and then the wrx internals are lacking and the sti takes over.other then that im still in the dark lol
Old 13 March 2011, 06:52 PM
acstua
Scooby Regular

its still catching me out! all the scoobs waving heh

id never look down my nose at a Wrx, same used to happen in the Civic owners imo
people with Type R vs the peeps with Sports

Theres always people who like to think they are better no matter what car, house or anything else.. i just let them get on with it and ignore it
Old 13 March 2011, 06:58 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

I think if theres a splt between any sti to wrx owners it's more than likely these sti owners are new comers and dont have a clue

as most members on here and all the other forums which i am a member and SUBARU enthusiasts and not STI enthusiasts

i personally have had a whole range or subarus including uk turbo/ sport/ sti/ wrx as well as import and legacy twin turbos etc list goes on

long term owner and always give a wave
Old 13 March 2011, 07:16 PM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

seeing this makes me feel better as i felt maybe i should flog it and get another sti lol. prefer my wrx TBH
Old 13 March 2011, 07:23 PM
Steve T
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I,ve had 2 sti,s, 2 wrx,s and a UK turbo all great cars.As said before the sti is a better base for tuning, but the wrx,s are still very capable cars with in my opinion a more comfortable ride. Steve.
Old 13 March 2011, 07:36 PM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

Old 13 March 2011, 07:39 PM
tony_xs
Scooby Regular

iv had a couple of wrx's and a couple of sti's iv loved them all (bar my classic sti when it went **** up) but i find it's not so much people looking down on you being in a wrx there seems to be a lot off people that think the cars should be left as they are and see that if u start playing with them your messing with god

i how ever wave to every impreza owner and get alot of waves at me
Old 13 March 2011, 07:44 PM
scoobdan
Scooby Regular

myn is a wrx and i love it, always waving to other scoobs round here and always wave back, only debate i have with people is the evo vs scoob
Old 13 March 2011, 08:25 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

You think you've got problems?
You should try owning a Legacy.

As I have said before,this is 'Scooby'net not 'Impreza'net.
Old 13 March 2011, 09:07 PM
awdx4
Scooby Regular

Having read Scoobiesteve's post I can see how that set of perceptions came about. though to be honest I've not personally read any post here that slates the WRX in any meaningful way. Maybe I've missed those posts or they were before my time.

What I have seen is some full on assertions that a potential buyer would do best to purchase an STI even when they've clearly stated that a WRX is what they are looking to own. To my eye, that's good old human nature in so much that within reason our own choice is one that we might well feel is to a large extent the best choice. STI owners do in standard form have the higher spec vehicle straight out of the box.

It actually requires a number of thought processes to step away from one's own choice and objectively entertain an alternative one which is perhaps at odds with it. And as for WRX owners, I'll not assume to know what's on anyone's mind, but I can see how maybe the lack of a cerise logo here and there and a smaller pcd in respect of the wheel studs could lead to a mild inferiority complex. After all the car is a well known phallic symbol and we wouldn't want anyone to feel challenged in that department.

I'm a WRX owner and don't personally have any issue with that, as I could go buy an STI any time I like. In fact I might get one next time round if I find a car as neat and backed up with service history like my own, without having to scour the planet for it.

I'd tend to conclude that it boils down to an STI owners enthusiasm combined with a WRX owners sensitivity to having it pointed out that there is a model which in some ways is a step above in terms of performance and strength of some components. If you feel a sense of pride in respect of your car then surely it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks.
Old 13 March 2011, 09:42 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Well theres always gonna be some c*** m8. I have a even more openminded opinion about the whole motorsport enthusiam in general. FGS it doesn't really matter what you drive as long as the same petrol run trough our vanes.... I wave to evos skylines and get a wave back most of the times. The world would be very boring if everyone would drive same cars, do same mods, eat same food etc. Hate all that snobiness..... at the end of the day i always say to myself who f**in cares m8, you drive what you like , and that is the most important thing...
Old 13 March 2011, 10:20 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

For the four years I had my 04 WRX I sometimes feel like the poor relation on here too mate. I think sometimes people just get defensive of what they have spent their money on.
Now i've a Hawk STI I can see the advantages of both cars. I prefer the styling and power of the STI but miss the comfort of the WRX. My wife thinks I was daft to swap.
Old 14 March 2011, 12:57 AM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

again all very good points and i agree with them, maybe it was just the guy i spoke to was a tosser who was very much up himself and ive got the wrong end but it does seem ive touched a subject which did and still does need talking about to bring this gap together. i do know some evo drivers also have this problem with the fq lads having a dig at the lesser cars so its not just scoobie owners. the blood that runs through a car enthusiasts vains does smell of petrol so in mho no matter what make or model we choose we should all just enjoy the time we have with out cars and friends with the same intrests before the goverment take that privalage away
to be honest i dont care if its a sti,wrx or legacy it has a subaru badge and we should have fun with them and just let an ******* like the guy i spoke to be an ******* by himself
thanks for your comments i look forward to reading more on this
steve
Old 14 March 2011, 12:59 AM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

I dont look down on any one driving a STi some odd people about