Sponsored by:

NOT LONG PASSED YOUR TEST OR STILL UNDER 25 - YOU CAN SAVE HUNDREDS

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2011, 11:07 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default NOT LONG PASSED YOUR TEST OR STILL UNDER 25 - YOU CAN SAVE HUNDREDS

NOT LONG PASSED YOUR TEST OR STILL UNDER 25 - YOU CAN SAVE HUNDREDS ON ANY INSURANCE POLICY YET STILL ENJOY 250BHP+ RALLY ACTION PERFORMANCE!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-SUBARU-IM...item2a0ec07f08

Old 06 March 2011, 11:16 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

It spits flames and everything,, lol !!

How does this insurance thing work, I've heard of loads of imprezas being wrongly registered and showing as LX, GX etc on the logbook. I'm aware it's a problem with DVLA when the car gets imported but where do you stand insurance wise.
If you had a major accident (god forbid you killed someone) surely the insurance company would inspect the car. Would you still be covered when they realize it's not a 1.6 and actually a 300BHP rally derived machine.
Old 06 March 2011, 11:27 PM
sticky1985
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a con, wait till you crash, hurt someone and end up doing a stretch behind bars
Old 06 March 2011, 11:31 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyB1983

How does this insurance thing work, I've heard of loads of imprezas being wrongly registered and showing as LX, GX etc on the logbook. I'm aware it's a problem with DVLA when the car gets imported but where do you stand insurance wise.
If you had a major accident (god forbid you killed someone) surely the insurance company would inspect the car. Would you still be covered when they realize it's not a 1.6 and actually a 300BHP rally derived machine.
You're fooked basically. Some insurance companies will try and wriggle out of paying if you have failed to declare your pine fresh magic tree, forget to tell them that your gl has a 2.5 litre 450 bhp engine and you will be in prison being used as big black bubbas personal sperm bank.
Old 06 March 2011, 11:34 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

No.

Next.
Old 06 March 2011, 11:37 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Personally, if I purchased a car that was wrongly registered I'd be straight on the phone to DVLA. How anybody would dare ride about in a car that is insured as something it's not is beyond me.
I would possibly be ok insurance wise as my policy insures me to drive any car fully comp but even so, I'd still have it sorted.
You see loads for sale that are wrongly registered, crazy.
Old 06 March 2011, 11:38 PM
sticky1985
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by kingofturds
You're fooked basically. Some insurance companies will try and wriggle out of paying if you have failed to declare your pine fresh magic tree, forget to tell them that your gl has a 2.5 litre 450 bhp engine and you will be in prison being used as big black bubbas personal sperm bank.

hahahaha!
Old 06 March 2011, 11:43 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Personally, if I purchased a car that was wrongly registered I'd be straight on the phone to DVLA. How anybody would dare ride about in a car that is insured as something it's not is beyond me.
I would possibly be ok insurance wise as my policy insures me to drive any car fully comp but even so, I'd still have it sorted.
You see loads for sale that are wrongly registered, crazy.

And this is a big part of the reason why a lot of chavs drive Imprezas now. Lots of old Wrx imports came over as GL's and LX's (my old 95 Wrx was a 2.0l LX apparently even though the LX was a 1.6 fwd model ), are bought cheap by chavs, often barried up with lexarse lights and other crap, and then simply insured as what it says on the logbook - a GL/LX

Does nothing for the image of the brand when you have spacktards like in the above link deliberatley advising "cheap insurance"...
Old 07 March 2011, 08:04 AM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Sounds like your chances of crashing if you did buy it would be quite high too.

"18" rims with super low profiles. Advisory on mot says rears are on their limit but there seems plenty on there to me."

Should've gone to Specsavers mayber
Old 07 March 2011, 08:19 AM
x-helen-x
Scooby Regular

If you crash or need to make a claim, your insurance will be void!!

Bugs the hell out of me when I see/ hear this as im only 21 and had my first impreza around 5 months now and there was no way I was prepared to pay out mega insurance costs on a turbo impreza at my age!

Therefore Im happy to admit that I have a sheep in wolf's clothing, but you would only know if you lifted the bonnet up to see it's a non turbo otherwise is very close looking to the RB320.

Knowing it 100% insured the way it should be makes me sleep at night!!

But I guess Subaru aint the only car people try to cheat insurance with