Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transformation after deciding to keep it Before and after pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2011, 06:21 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transformation after deciding to keep it Before and after pics!!

You may remember my post from where i were selling up to put it back to standard but after dealing with an array of timewasters i decided to keep the car and make it even better than before.
I sold my Roger clark team ice system but another is on its way fitted the japspeed system for now brand new so will be up for grabs soon.
Also purchased same wheels as before but went for white instead of my previous gunmetal, ive got a new set of plain mudflaps in blue on their way a new steering wheel, a new strut brace fitted again genuine JDM.
Even fitted an original front bumper and had it all repainted and chopped for my front mount. chopped the zunsport grill too so it wouldnt foul the fmic
even had the splitter repainted bumper and splitter oven baked
A new carbon rear roof spoiler is also on its way to me which i will have the ends painted, also on their way some perrin shifter bushes,and on the look out for some new coilovers and also ordered a new 3 port boost solenoid so will be all back to the way it was before but even better and looks stunning in my opinion and couldnt understand why it didnt sell for 10k for a 2003 STI V-Limited running 360/360

Before pics with old wheels and front bumper

Opinions on the after pics please the white wheels might not be to everyones taste but i fancied a change from gunmetal,. which do you prefer? the Before WRC replica front bumper or the original one that is on it now.
I personally love the new look and was so so close to selling my pride and joy or sending it back to the finance company but so glad i kept it,.
If you get bored of these cars the beauty is you can change the look so many ways
Pics after taken at the park

Old 06 March 2011, 06:34 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

quite happy with the pics considering i took them with my iphone
Old 06 March 2011, 06:43 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks 'bang tidy' if you excuse the colloquialism. Lovely motor.
Old 06 March 2011, 06:53 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

I prefer the before pics

That front bumper looked the nuts
Old 06 March 2011, 07:25 PM
Matt23
Scooby Regular

Looks great mate.
Old 06 March 2011, 07:39 PM
Harryr34
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

looks awesome mate
Old 06 March 2011, 07:42 PM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice looking, and knowing how that car drives, after owning many STi's, I would say keep for a long time...

Or keep 'till I'm ready to but
Old 06 March 2011, 07:51 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Default Cheers bonesetter

Originally Posted by bonesetter
Very nice looking, and knowing how that car drives, after owning many STi's, I would say keep for a long time...

Or keep 'till I'm ready to but
Cheers buddy glad i kept it just need to source a close up pic of the door decals so i can have some new one made googled it but no joy
Old 06 March 2011, 07:51 PM
Wmscooby
Scooby Regular

How does the Japspeed system sound to what you have had?
Any comparisons etc?

Would be a great help

Thanks
Old 06 March 2011, 08:06 PM
EH52WRX
Scooby Regular

I like is fella
Old 06 March 2011, 08:22 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wmscooby
How does the Japspeed system sound to what you have had?
Any comparisons etc?

Would be a great help

Thanks
Japspeed system actually sounds ok and is brand new been on the car 2 days and i just loved the sound of my roger clark so going back to one straight away.
i paid 219.00 for my exhaust from japspeed its actually a classic a 3" system as roger clark base all there exhaust on the GC8 hangers from the classic so as i still have the roger clark down pipe a new age system wouldnt fit so a classic bolted straight up
Old 06 March 2011, 08:32 PM
Markfey
Scooby Regular

Love them both! But that wrc is a total one off, i personally would have kept it.

How's the LPG going? Is there massive amounts of difference when flicking the switch?

Any ideas how much for an install?

I seem to be spending more and more time in traffic and doing long runs. Trying to work out how long it will take to pay off before seeing the benefit.
Old 06 March 2011, 08:39 PM
Bungleaio
Scooby Regular

Looks awesome mate, the other front bumper doesn't look good to me. White wheels look spot on. Bit of a bugger to clean but they show you put the effort in.

Originally Posted by Markfey
Love them both! But that wrc is a total one off, i personally would have kept it.

How's the LPG going? Is there massive amounts of difference when flicking the switch?

Any ideas how much for an install?

I seem to be spending more and more time in traffic and doing long runs. Trying to work out how long it will take to pay off before seeing the benefit.
LPG is the best thing I've done to my car, it's saving me a fortune.
Old 06 March 2011, 08:41 PM
Markfey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bungleaio
Looks awesome mate, the other front bumper doesn't look good to me. White wheels look spot on. Bit of a bugger to clean but they show you put the effort in.

LPG is the best thing I've done to my car, it's saving me a fortune.
How much? Any probs?
Old 06 March 2011, 09:03 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

How much? Any probs?
so you prefer the bumper i have on it now then although i really liked my old bumper and would still be happy to have it on my car but nice to have a change
My LPG is great for mpg although price of LPG is going up now i remember when it was 53p a litre now its in the region of 86p
Good for daily driving but lacks the performance been on my car for 2 years with only a need of a remap of its LPG ECU after my decat.
But cant fault the LPG,. i did have it up for sale for the full kit and even offererd to put both cars alongside each other and fit it,. removing it from my car then fitting it to the second car all for £700 and i still got messages wasting my time like what make is it etc etc and would i take less, for petes sake it was a 2k system lol and the price included fitting lol which would have given a return on their investment within 6 months at the price of fuel now
But since i have decided to keep my car and not break it then if they snooze they loose is all i can say as LPG systems to run big power are not cheap
Old 06 March 2011, 09:11 PM
Markfey
Scooby Regular

Prefer the old bumper mate, but not by much

I thought you were going to say around 2k mark for the system to be fitted but it's nice to hear someone has done it and they're happy with it.

Before your post i was looking at the for sale section and saw your car. I absolutely love it.

My first impreza cost me 13k and was a uk2000. Ok, that was 9 years ago now and didn't stop me spending nearly 5k more on it.

I now look at what i can get for 10k and can't believe it, for example your car!

The only problem is now i have no money!

Wont be long till i can afford a MK2 Type 25

Glad you kept the car mate, it's a beauty!!!!!
Old 06 March 2011, 09:15 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Bloody hell you don't hang about do you.

Your old bumper has been trial fitted along with my APS FMIC and the good news is that it fits like a dream, no further modification required.

Your car is looking good, I had white PFF7's on my car when I bought it but tbh they are not really my thing - too much blinking cleaning required for my liking as they looked dirty after one trip.

Your old WRC bumper does look good and gives a far more aggressive look and I'm over the moon with the transformation.

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 06 March 2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06 March 2011, 11:13 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Prefer the old bumper mate, but not by much

I thought you were going to say around 2k mark for the system to be fitted but it's nice to hear someone has done it and they're happy with it.

Before your post i was looking at the for sale section and saw your car. I absolutely love it.

My first impreza cost me 13k and was a uk2000. Ok, that was 9 years ago now and didn't stop me spending nearly 5k more on it.

I now look at what i can get for 10k and can't believe it, for example your car!

The only problem is now i have no money!

Wont be long till i can afford a MK2 Type 25

Glad you kept the car mate, it's a beauty!!!!!
I had a few interested parties in the car as a whole but never came to fruition and it was all "I need to sell my car first, blah blah" so then i decided to put it back to standard for sending back to the finance company and were going to get a runaround but after the silly insurance prices i got quoted i decided to bite the bullit and pay through the nose to keep the subaru on the road and put it all back together with better parts than before, but nice to see my old bumper still gets the thumbs up
Old 06 March 2011, 11:16 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Bloody hell you don't hang about do you.

Your old bumper has been trial fitted along with my APS FMIC and the good news is that it fits like a dream, no further modification required.

Your car is looking good, I had white PFF7's on my car when I bought it but tbh they are not really my thing - too much blinking cleaning required for my liking as they looked dirty after one trip.

Your old WRC bumper does look good and gives a far more aggressive look and I'm over the moon with the transformation.
Glad you like the bumper pal have you got any pics yet and many thanks for the smooth transaction and great comms
Old 06 March 2011, 11:31 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fordrsrickc
Glad you like the bumper pal have you got any pics yet and many thanks for the smooth transaction and great comms
No pics yet sorry - I will post some after everything else has been done and the look is 'complete' although I am now considering a WRC rear spoiler now...
Old 07 March 2011, 12:35 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks x10 better now fella, WRC bumper is rare ? but a bit meh !

Looks like a car I would buy now, trying far less hard