ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

A huge thank you to Chevron Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2011, 11:09 AM
JustCallMeMac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A huge thank you to Chevron Motorsport

Finally collected my Hawkeye STI on Saturday from Chevron Motorsport in Stafford and the car is completely transfomed in terms of handling.

It's currently mapped to circa 380 / 400 (Bob Rawle), so I wanted the handling and stopping sorted and after a few recommendations from members of this site, I took the journey up from Southampton and left the car in Simon's very capable hands.

Work carried out included.

Tein Monoflex Coilovers with EDFC
Tein front strut brace
Whiteline adjustable Front and Rear ARB's / Droplinks
Chevron Motorsport Anti Lift Kit
Chevron Motorsport arms
Roll Centre Bushes / Bump Steer mod
Whiteline Diff support lock kit
Whiteline Heavy Duty Steering Rack bushes
Whiteline Positive Shift Kit (non race)
Full geo set up / alignment
AP Racing 355 Front Brake Kit / DS2500 Pads
DEFIs (Boost, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure)

The man is an absolute perfectionist and despite a few issues and a fair amount of frustration with the rear ARB, we got there in the end and the wait has been completely worth it! Compared to how I dropped the car off, (set up on Prodrive springs), the difference is "night and day."

It's early days and I'm still "finding my feet" so to speak, but grip in both dry and wet conditions is awesome and that's on Falken 452 rubber, which is a testamant to the set up. The car feels absolutely planted, with very little roll and corner entry speeds will certainly take some getting used to, such is the difference between what's possible now and what I felt confident doing before. And even if it gets out of shape, it all comes back together without any drama. Ride quality is fine too and far from uncomfortable and those APs are something else!!

I can't wait to take her out on track but I feel a lesson or two from an expert wouldn't go amiss if I'm to get the best out of the car in the longer term and understand its capabilities!

I would therefore recommend Simon and the boys at Chevron, without hesitation.

Top fellas!

Steve
Old 22 February 2011, 11:23 AM
grmc
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Another satisfied customer

I've been a customer of theirs for over three years now and I wouldn't go anywhere else.

I had a suspension and brace makeover 'similar' to you (although on a standard WRX). Added a stainless sports exhaust, airbox and remap and she truly was like a different car. I did mine instead of a trade in/up and I'm glad I did as I've saved thousands in the long haul. Better fuel economy and extra oomph into the bargain has been an added bonus.

What it showed me was that my Toyo Proxes (which I formerly swore by) simply weren't up to the setup and now I'm running on Yokohamas the grip is phenomenal. I thought the car was 'good' when I got it new (switched from a 1997 993 Porsche Targa, so I was used to great performance) but now it's unbelievable in wet, dry or icy conditions. It's the pure added safety of the setup that amazes me mostly; I wouldn't ever feel confident driving quickly in a standard car again, knowing how close to the limit it is under normal (but progressive) motoring.

I've recently gone for one of Chevron's lightweight clutch flywheels and yet again, the car gets faster...

Yes, Simon and the boys do know what they're doing.