Sponsored by:

PROSPORT GAUGES SCREECHING

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2011, 07:49 PM
henrysmith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROSPORT GAUGES SCREECHING

Just had these fitted - look nice bu can't stand the screeching on start up. Have tried all different combos I can find to turn off - nothing seems to work.

Have tried holding in the buttons and starting the car until opening ceremony has finished then turning off car - still screech

turn ignition on and press button once or hold for three seconds or for five seconds and start car - done all 3 still screech.

start car and press button, hold for 3 seconds and five seconds - start car - done all 3 and still screech

Any advice please - exactly what to do in detail would be great.

Cheers
Old 10 February 2011, 08:03 PM
scatty
Scooby Regular

i think.....

just turn the ignition untill the lights come on, then press the silver button...then i think the noise will stop....
Old 10 February 2011, 08:09 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

The correct way is hold the button in start the car and the opening sweep will happen then it will be done. But doesn't appear to work with ur's very odd
Old 10 February 2011, 08:16 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

As above, but make sure the silver gauge button is held for a min of 5seconds after the opening sweep is complete.

You can do them one at a time, or if you have 3 in a row in a pod you can just about do all 3 at once. That should be the way to shut that noise up, its the way I was told when they were fitted and have worked after.

see how you get on?
Old 10 February 2011, 08:19 PM
silverfox72
Scooby Regular

sorry to jump on your thread - have you got any pictures of them fitted as I am thinking of the same setup..
Old 10 February 2011, 09:11 PM
henrysmith
Scooby Regular

Default screech!

Sorry guys but no to all the above - have tried all as I listed before and still keep screeching - will speak to Scoobyworld who supplied the gauges tomorrow.

Thanks for the input/help but no joy!

Gauges look good to be honest - the stepper motors are a little noisy on start up but look good and seem to work well - after all of 6 hours after fitting so no guarantees.

The standard pod from Scoobyworld is a bit cheap and nasty to be honest - I like the fact that it is open and not hooded like the Defi pod but having seen another Subaru with a defi pod the quality/finish is far superior.

Look at the vid's on Scoobyworld website for the gauges - gives a good impression of what they are like.

thumbs up for the gauges - 5 out of ten for the pod!

Any further suggestions??????

Last edited by henrysmith; 10 February 2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11 February 2011, 01:33 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

It could be that your wiring needs tweaking slightly. I recently had some fitted, but it turned that the ignition live and permanent live needed swapping around, as the gauges weren't holding their settings after the ignition was turned off.

To test if to find out if it is this, turn them on, and adjust the peak setting of one of the gauges, do this by holding down the silver button on one of gauges until the arm sweeps to its setting, then adjust by pressing the silver button, then release and let the arm go back to normal. Then switch the engine and ignition off, and start up again. Re-test the peak setting on the gauge you have just adjusted, if it is different to waht you set it at there is your problem!!

Same problem I had, garage who fitted it for me sorted it out free of charge in a couple of hours, its just a case of swapping over the red and white leads, then you will have a copnstant supply of power and the gauges will remember the settings.

Hope this helps!

Edit - I like the pod!! Didn't think I would to begin with and was looking for a defi style one, but now its fitted I think it looks good !

Last edited by IainMilford; 11 February 2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: I like the pod!

Trending Topics

Old 11 February 2011, 02:00 PM
DanTerzo
Scooby Regular

Ive got these fitted. Start up screech is horrible. I just switched on ignition and held the buttons in, screeching gone. Hope you get it sorted out.

Have to disagree on the quality of the pod tho. I bought a cheapo of ebay and the quality and fitment was terrible. When i recieved the scoobyworld one i was very pleased with it. Looks spot on in my dash. Mine was for a classic dash tho.
Old 11 February 2011, 07:18 PM
henrysmith
Scooby Regular

Default Still screeching

Spoke to Scoobyworld - It should be as Simple as hold the button in and switch ignition on and wait for the gauges to perform the opening sweeps/ceremony and then release the button. Still no joy.

They agree with Iain and thing the igntion live and permanent live are crossed - will get them reversed/corrected next week and see if they will stop.

Did 200 miles today and am well pleased with the gauges.

The pod (Newage) I still think is a little questionable but can live with it!
Old 12 February 2011, 11:36 AM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

cool mate good luck let us know when its sorted !
Old 18 February 2011, 10:18 AM
henrysmith
Scooby Regular

Default Prosport Gauges NOT Screeching

Got the gauges sorted at the garage this morning. As Iain's post, Ignition Live and Permanent Live were the wrong way round. All sorted and nice and quiet now.

Did a 400 mile round trip over the weekend and the gauges are really good - pod still suspect and may change in future to a better looking one.

Cheers for the help.
Old 18 February 2011, 10:57 AM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Glad its all sorted