Sponsored by:

need abit of help

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2011, 09:19 PM
BAD BOY V
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need abit of help

Guys i'm new to the scooby world, and wonder if somebody could help me out, i've got a friend interested in getting a scooby classic, just wanted to know which one is best to go for, i've suggested the P1, but theres are others type ra? and other models, could anyone tell me the differences, i like the P1 due to the fact its a 2door, but don't really know what the other types are in the classic range?

regards

VJ
Old 05 February 2011, 09:28 PM
karl_1986
Scooby Regular

i have a 2000 awd turbo which is the classic shape, dont hold me to it as im a noobie to scoobys aswel but i thing the ra is a rally spec version ( no ac, electric mirrors etc), i dont think there is much difference looks wise on all the models but it depends on how much your mate has to spend n what luxurys he is wanting
Old 05 February 2011, 09:37 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

The Ra's have close ratio gear boxes and the recognizable roof vent. The Ra stands for record attempt which was for when subaru broke the lap record at the Nurburgring back in the day iirc. If you like the 2 door look have a look at some Type-R's and there's always the 22B if you have deep pockets?!?

Good hunting!
Old 05 February 2011, 09:51 PM
andy-m
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kedlestone
The Ra's have close ratio gear boxes . . . .

Good hunting!
to expand on this comment, all jap imports have a lower ratio gearbox than the UK versions, although the RA's have a seriously lower ratio box than even the non RA jap imports.
my last scoob was a jap import WRX. 70mph was about 3400rpm @ 70mph. my latest scoob which has an STI RA box is about 3600rpm @ 70mph.
UK spec i think is about 3200rpm @ 70mph. (although i've never owned a UK spec impreza).
an RA i think does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. the jap import WRX's and STI's in standard form do it slightly slower, but not much !
is also worth noting that the jap import STI RA has DCCD whch means you can control how much power goes to the front and rear exles. i think they also have an auto mode.
for a first buy, i dont think it matters which he gets if he's never owned something as powerfull as a scoob, he will be impressed and happy.
if he has owned cars as powerfull before, then as posted previously, a type R or 22B or an RA would be more desireable IMO.
Old 05 February 2011, 09:51 PM
karl_1986
Scooby Regular

The Ra's have close ratio gear boxes and the recognizable roof vent. The Ra stands for record attempt which was for when subaru broke the lap record at the Nurburgring back in the day iirc. If you like the 2 door look have a look at some Type-R's and there's always the 22B if you have deep pockets?!?

Good hunting!

you learn something new everyday, i think i need to spend more time on here to build up my scooby knowledge lol
Old 05 February 2011, 09:55 PM
andy-m
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by karl_1986
you learn something new everyday, i think i need to spend more time on here to build up my scooby knowledge lol
. . .and so the scooby adiction begins. . . lol
Old 05 February 2011, 09:56 PM
karl_1986
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy-m
. . .and so the scooby adiction begins. . . lol

oh yes lol, the scooby adiction began as soon as i took my scooby out 4 a testdrive and i haven't looked bak since lol

Trending Topics

Old 06 February 2011, 12:37 AM
Stig67
Scooby Regular

Good hunting!
you do learn somthing new every day i thought RA was rally altered
Old 06 February 2011, 08:27 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the Classic RA = Race Altered and was their lghtweight / cheapest model. The "Race Altered" stopped with the Bugeye as it was a pretty hopeless car. The RA model then morphed into the "Spec c" where C = Competition.

The RA name reappeared as a spec C derivative where RA then stood for "Record attempt"

Shaun
Old 06 February 2011, 10:50 AM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Read these

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...q-section.html

http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.p...ia/Scoobypedia

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ing-guide.html

Cheers
Steve