Sponsored by:

help

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2011, 05:46 PM
whitenoises
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

Hello new to this forum got my first subaru last week drove it home and bloody love it its a wrx on a m plate drilled and groove discs all round and a baileys dump valve apart from this its stanard well brought knowin it had over heatin problems after lookin i found a split in the pipe next to the top up tank but goin to change the thermo just in case well drove it to work today not even 2 miles away just to run it as this is the second time ive drove it and on the way home well from start off its blowin out blueish smoke so is the turbo shot or could there be some other reason you addvice will be most helpfull cheers si
Old 04 February 2011, 06:15 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Could be turbo, piston rings, valve stem oil seals etc. If it's had the Bailey Dumpvalve on long, that could have caused borewash and wear.

I'd be getting a compression test done. And stay off boost until it's sorted.
Old 04 February 2011, 06:22 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

And when you get it fixed FFS get rid of that stupid Baileys DV!!!
Old 04 February 2011, 07:35 PM
jh1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
And when you get it fixed FFS get rid of that stupid Baileys DV!!!
Harsh but +1 imo
Old 04 February 2011, 09:34 PM
whitenoises
Scooby Regular

cheers for the info there is little oil in the air pipe from the collection box is this normal oil round the turbo and smokes a little if its the turbo wat up grade would be suited its a m reg wrx import pre facelife thats all i know really pissin me off now tax end of this month mot month after would you say new turbo or secondhand any peps got some for sale sorry for being bit thik but little or no knowlegde of these car and tryin to keep this one alive
Old 05 February 2011, 06:52 AM
awdx4
Scooby Regular

Hi, You've come to the right place for all things Subaru and I imagine it's a real bummer having problems with the car already but they are not for the faint hearted in any department. It would probably be useful if you could get a couple of pictures up if you are unable to shed any more light on what type of car you have. Year of registration would be useful when enquiring about any issues as simply saying an M reg vehicle is not definitive when trying to establish year of registration ect.

You're probably going to have to get the car looked at by someone who knows what they are doing before you end up needing a new engine if you don't already. The overheating problem could have caused some real damage so you will do well to get expert advice and an understanding bank manger on side.

Good luck

Tim
Old 06 February 2011, 09:03 AM
whitenoises
Scooby Regular

hi its really gettin a pain in the ars now the car is a wagon the engine is a gc8 if this help will get pics up taken the turbo off my mate had a look and there is no play in the turbo but the exhaust flange is just sooty but the silver side of the turbo has oil drippin out plus most of the pipes has oil in anuff to drip if it was my piston rings wouldn they smoke over time not just billow smoke and if head gasket would there be other signs the car it self starts from first crank and pulls well no hesitaint cheers guys

Trending Topics

Old 06 February 2011, 11:56 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Hi again,

Look please don't take this as an attack because it isn't. There are some really knowledgeable people on this forum who will be able to offer good advice, but only if you:

a) provide more information e.g. pics, vehicle details etc.

and

b) make a little more effort with your posts as regards sentences and punctuation. Yes I can read what you say and mean, but it isn't easy without a few commas, full stops, capital letters etc. The clever people on here tend to be busy guys and they will not stop to try and make sense of a post if itsn't easy to do so.

All meant constructively btw