Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Airport Parking Security

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2001, 12:06 AM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Have parked in Luton (twice), there were 3 other scoob's and many other nice cars. I returned after 2 days to find my scoob perfect as left.

I would suggest park on the ends, where the car can be seen if someone was trying to have a go.

TC
Old 20 March 2001, 12:16 AM
RVeiga
Scooby Regular

Cool

Let my new P1 at Gatwick & since then Heathrow for upto 2 weeks. Not a problem.

Park under a light or in direct view of a camera. Also use things like a disklock to ensure that any attempt to get the car would take time and attrack attention as these car parks tend to be man'ed 24/7.

Possibly better their than anywhere else other than a garage.

..R
Old 20 March 2001, 12:59 AM
church_monster
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I park at Luton and Heathrow quite a lot and use these two companies. I've never had a problem (or a scratch !!)

Heathrow

PURPLE PARKING - 02088138130 (two miles from the airport and they bus you in and take you back to your car on return, if you are an RAC user then you get discount and it's about £4 a day (over 3 weeks then its free up to 75 days)).

Luton

CENTRAL CAR PARK - 01582726189 (doesn't look much but its small and secure plus it's manned 24 hours a day and they have cameras) Can't remember how much though.
Old 20 March 2001, 10:52 AM
Nick B
Scooby Regular

Question

Does anyone have any experience of airport parking at Luton and Stansted?

I am obviously after somewhere secure enough to leave my Scooby, but I don't fancy any of these "collect and deliver" services where you have to entrust someone else to park your car - for obvious reasons

So far I have found BCP at Luton who advertise secure parking. I can only find the normal long term airport parking at Stansted but don't know how trustworthy it is.

Any advice or experiences appreciated
Old 20 March 2001, 11:53 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I have used Heathrow with no issues. Looking at some of the cars parked there, I think theives would be spoilt for choice. It humbled my MY99 UK car!!!

As for Luton and Stansted, although my girlfriend drove there, again the sort of cars there would put your mind at ease!!

Andy
Old 20 March 2001, 10:38 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Nick B,

i've parked at Luton a few times with no problems what-so-ever.

Standard MY00 alarm/immobo and a disklok should be enough. Too many people passing by (in the main car parks) for someone to attempt to nick it!

mb
Old 21 March 2001, 08:09 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

My MY00 is parked in the public car parks at Stansted every day (but i'm not saying which one.......). Have been doing so since July last year and it's still there.

There are regularly other Scoobs there (including a 22b from time to time).

Park it in as public a place as possible - NOT in an unmarked bay on the end of an aisle - they have just started towing these away (and about bloody time too.....).

Beware of door dings - park in an existing big space between two cars if poss - I have collected about 20 dings now in the last 4 years on 4 cars in this car park. If you park in the short term DON'T park across two spaces - spaces in this area are scarce and my fellow commuters get a bit upset about this.....mind you the average air passengers parking here is crap and they regularly park in the next space without trying anyway.....