Sponsored by:

fuel tax email

Search this Thread

Old 27 January 2011, 08:10 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default fuel tax email

just wondered if anyone else has had this . there is supposed to be some sort of movement starting to boycott esso and bp the 2 largest fuel suppliers in the uk for a whole year . according to the person who passed it on to me if everyone who reads it passes it on two ten others after two weeks 30million people would of read it . as i wouldnt put either in my car i said i would pass it on and not use either in the wifes pug . what do you lot recon hit em where it hurts . esso and bp garages closing down all over the place after a few months and less tax for cameron thgey would have to do something then
Old 27 January 2011, 08:19 PM
imprezajon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice idea in principal. probably last for a week until rival garages up there prices and then esso and bp drop there's so they are the cheaper option and everybody starts using then again. i am all for it but esso are the cheapest forecourts at the moment by at least 3p.
Old 27 January 2011, 08:27 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

if this were to really happen, then the surviving retailers would expand to cater for the demand (as the same amount of fuel is still required), buy their base stock from the cheapest supplier (who could prob be BP or exxon) and then increase their prices in a captive market.

The problem is not the franchises, it is the greed in the middle east, and the government with something that is tantamount to an addictive substance, we all need it, we cannot live without it. We continue to pay no matter what the price (although fuel usage has shrunk by in recently, mainly due to super efficient engines, which creates problems in itself, as the more efficient the engine, the less fuel is purchased, and the tax increases to cover the shortfall, which encourages even more efficient vehicles, which leads to even less fuel purchased.........at some point this spiral will collapse, by this time, electric vehicles will be a viable alternative, by then a lithium battery tax will emerge, based on power output (and the smoke and mirrors will also disappear i.e. the pollution caused by refining lithium into cells, the 'invisible' energy needed to charge the batteries.

If we want to control the cost of fuel, then we must all stand together and not purchase fuel until the government significantly alter the way they take our money from us in the form of tax on fuel.......of course this will never happen, as it would be in effect a national strike....or maybe that is how the revolution will begin.....how about december next year guys?
Old 27 January 2011, 08:40 PM
Zaim
Scooby Regular

I've been boycotting Esso and BP for over a year now as I only buy Shell V-Power or Tesco Momentom.

In all seriousness it will never happen or work and a quick Google shows this email is now 5 years old!
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/po...ex.htm?t=34036
Old 27 January 2011, 09:25 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zaim
I've been boycotting Esso and BP for over a year now as I only buy Shell V-Power or Tesco Momentom.
Ditto

I thought Tesco was now the biggest petrol supplier, I'm sure I read that in the news recently.

Oh, and yes, my sister sent me the email, it's been deleted.