Sponsored by:

please read

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2011, 11:06 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default please read

im becoming abit warey of a few new members on this site.. i dont like to name people but on 3 occasions now ive had NEW members on here say they want to buy my car and my brothers MG. 2 have said they want to come up with the money and for me to pick them up at the train station this is without seeing my car in the flesh so to speak. now on both occasions and after various pm's and arrangments with both saying they want my car non have come to anything. The other is a person saying they want the MG. again they were coming up with the money to buy it (this weekend) without seeing it then i got a mail to say it would have to be rearranged.

Now...... all 3 of these members are new 2010 members with not many posts on the site. one is DANSSTI who we know is a con man, the other two i will name just to make people aware but these two may well be genuine people and i dont want to offend them but i find it strange that all 3 want my cars and say they will come and buy them, the person who wants the MG has asked my my brothers number a couple of times and i gave it him he said he would call to confirm he wanted it which he hasnt done. ive asked him 3 times to ring him and he said he would on all occasions.

They are

JOHNA84 who wanted my bugeye, wrote various messages on my thread about me not really wanting me to sell it because i didnt reply straight away only for him to go and buy another the same day he wanted to buy mine.

DEMOLITION MAN who wants my brothers MG but hasnt rang him to say so and its been a week now since he first said he was coming to buy it and still wont confirm.

As i have wrote i dont want the bottom 2 people to get offended as you very well may be geunine but its strange for 3 seperate people do vertually the same thing for my cars and all of them new members
Old 23 January 2011, 11:10 AM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your right to be cautious i have interest on a few small items and again they have little or no posts you are right to be wary !
Old 23 January 2011, 11:24 AM
scooblee
Scooby Regular

This country has its fair share of arseholes and when selling anything you have the god given right to be wary.
The mg looks nice mate, good luck with the sale
Old 23 January 2011, 11:29 AM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

Do you mean using the site to find motors, get your address then come and nick it?
Old 23 January 2011, 11:37 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Triple filtered
Do you mean using the site to find motors, get your address then come and nick it?
its a possability..but these wanted me to collect them from the station. they were coming from a fair distance away. i definatly wouldnt go a long way with £6k in cash to buy a car i hadnt seen
Old 23 January 2011, 11:58 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Getting more and more like this, scammers and con-merchants.

And the IB response?

"Not our problem, we are just a medium. Oh and keep paying, all of you."
Old 23 January 2011, 12:00 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

The distance buying scam can involve fake bankers drafts - these get paid in and after a couple of days "bounce".
Old 23 January 2011, 12:04 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

i was asked by DANSSTI if i wanted paying by bankers draft or cash.. i said cash. thats probably why it didnt happen
Old 23 January 2011, 12:17 PM
millsy3
Scooby Regular

[quote=scooblee;9838013]This country has its fair share of arseholes.
yeah that incudes the ones running it, i would be carfull meeting someone at train station, you dont know what there carrying or who they have with them, they could hijack you at station.
Old 23 January 2011, 12:20 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I know a guy who wandered back from Europe after selling a car with £12K in a carrier bag...

dunx
Old 23 January 2011, 12:20 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

There is one golden rule to follow when selling or buying anything.

If something does not feel right it probably isn't... walk away if this is how you feel.

Hard to do sometimes, but that is how scammers get their scams to work, they prey on your need to sell (or buy).
Old 23 January 2011, 12:22 PM
arumdevil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerwrx
its a possability..but these wanted me to collect them from the station. they were coming from a fair distance away. i definatly wouldnt go a long way with £6k in cash to buy a car i hadnt seen
You're right to be cautious, but I did travell a pretty long distance a few years back with £2500 in cash to buy a 944 turbo I'd not seen. All turned out fine.
Old 23 January 2011, 12:25 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

You're safe if they're coming to you, as all you have is a car (no cash). If they wanted to car jack someone it's doubtful that they'd bother with a train journey first!
Old 23 January 2011, 12:26 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by arumdevil
You're right to be cautious, but I did travell a pretty long distance a few years back with £2500 in cash to buy a 944 turbo I'd not seen. All turned out fine.
i may be totally wrong mate and these are guenuine buyers.. its just odd that its 3 seperate people doing the same thing almost
Old 23 January 2011, 12:28 PM
DeeH
Scooby Regular

You are right to be cautious. I would never offer, or agree, to but a car without seeing it or having a test drive. Having said that the last car I sold was bought by a guy who didn't even drive it, even after I offered a test drive! He heard it run, had a look around it and came back later in the week with the money.
Old 23 January 2011, 12:28 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
You're safe if they're coming to you, as all you have is a car (no cash). If they wanted to car jack someone it's doubtful that they'd bother with a train journey first!
maybe mate..but non of them have come to me yet
Old 23 January 2011, 12:31 PM
classicgc8
Scooby Regular

Default danssti

i was asked by DANSSTI if i wanted paying by bankers draft or cash.. i said cash. thats probably why it didnt happen
close shave there then ,glad you said cash
Old 23 January 2011, 12:42 PM
EH52WRX
Scooby Regular

Scum bags fella, I am glad you named and shamed, This information needs to be in the public domain, to stop these fecking ar$eholes taking our precious motors for free..
Old 23 January 2011, 02:24 PM
DEMOLITION MAN
BANNED

POWERWRX- I DO NOT APPRECIATE BEING SLAGGED OFF ON AN OPEN PUBLIC FORUM !

Especially considering you do not know my circumstances ! I am trying to arrange funds at the moment for the car.

Please can you facts straight before slagging off,naming and shaming a honest genuine person/buyer !

Pete
Old 23 January 2011, 02:37 PM
arumdevil
Scooby Regular

yes I agree the OP may have been slightly hasty in some of the cases as there are many reasons why people would express an interest in a car and not follow up (there are lots of cars out there, part of the process of narrowing down the options is making offers and assessing the responses).

However I also understand his being cautious and don't forget how he put things, I wouldn't say he slagged you off at all:

...the other two i will name just to make people aware but these two may well be genuine people and i dont want to offend them but i find it strange that all 3 want my cars and say they will come and buy th...
I don't know the details but if he has tried to contact you to confirm you intentions and you have not responded then he is right to be cautious. If you haven't been able or ready to respond to him for some reason then now's the time to do so to put things right.

To me the fact that you have responded on here is a good sign.

Last edited by arumdevil; 23 January 2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 23 January 2011, 02:38 PM
mslorach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DEMOLITION MAN
POWERWRX- I DO NOT APPRECIATE BEING SLAGGED OFF ON AN OPEN PUBLIC FORUM !

Especially considering you do not know my circumstances ! I am trying to arrange funds at the moment for the car.

Please can you facts straight before slagging off,naming and shaming a honest genuine person/buyer !

Pete
I think if you read his first post correctly he has not been slagging you off at all, he is just quite rightly being cautious.
You are quite new to this forum so you may not know that there's been a LOT of con artists ripping people off or trying to on here recently.
As a new member with a low post count and zero trader feedback you surely have to accept that people will not automatically trust you.
I wouldn't get upset about it, I would be happy to have the chance to clear my name in public.
Old 23 January 2011, 02:42 PM
DeeH
Scooby Regular

Its fair enough to express and interest in a car but take it no further due to circumstances, e.g. sale of your own car fell through or whatever. A phonecall or email to advise the seller would be nice courtesy though.

Not quite the same situation, but I've had people phone up, get directions, tell me they are leaving now and never turned up. Quite annoying if you have spent the day/night waiting around for them.
Old 23 January 2011, 02:53 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

DEMOLITION MAN.. a pm has been sent to you, appologies if you think im slagging you off..but im not. if you are a genuine guy then there is no reason to be offended im simply bringing to light the resent goings on regaurding the cars i have forsale and as i have stated in the first post i have reason to be wary with the likes of DANSSTI.

ARUMDEVIL.. i have not been hasty, there are no genuine reasons for the collapse of sales regaurding my car. DANSSTI is a con man as others have found out.. and JOHNA84 couldnt wait 1 day for me to reply to which he decided to slag myself off in my own thread saying i obviously dont want to sell the car, or i didnt have the decancy to reply straight away.
Old 23 January 2011, 03:03 PM
DEMOLITION MAN
BANNED

I have already told the op that im trying to arrange fund's and will be in touch in due course. i Know and understand sellers cant wait around for buyers so if he sells the car in the meantime that is fine,no problem. Just think he has acted a bit on the hasty side as a pm would have been sufficient to solve this issue.

I understand there is/has been scammers on here and I to am weary when it comes to buying/selling high value items having been previously scammed on ebay myself only two weeks ago.

Pete

Last edited by DEMOLITION MAN; 23 January 2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 23 January 2011, 03:08 PM
DEMOLITION MAN
BANNED

ok mate no Probs thanks for making me aware of DANSSTI and the likes, and ive mentioned in previous post that i to have been scammed on ebay for parts totalling £1250 which never turned up,no reply to emails,phone turned off etc. Juts makes me so angry that there people can do it and get away with it !!

Rant over lol

Pete
Old 23 January 2011, 03:12 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

I have already told the op that im trying to arrange fund's and will be in touch in due course. i Know and understand sellers cant wait around for buyers so if he sells the car in the meantime that is fine,no problem. Just think he has acted a bit on the hasty side as a pm would have been sufficient to solve this issue.

I understand there is/has been scammers on here and I to am weary when it comes to buying/selling high value items having been previously scammed on ebay myself only two weeks ago.

Pete
on several occasions i have sent you a pm asking you to give a quick call to my brother to which you have replied will do, on one occasion you asked again for his number. if you want the car then a 2 min call to say so would put us in the picture and the car would be removed from sale and it would be waiting for you to collect it when your ready, but seeing you havnt called has made us not know whats going on, i even pm'd you a few days ago asking if you could call as he didnt know wether to px the car or not.

you say a pm would have been sufficiant to solve the problem, but it seems a simple call a week ago for a car that you want to buy would have been enough to keep your name out of the thread all together.

so.. lets get this revolved, if you want the car pete then please can you call my brother to confirm this, if you dont then please say so now then all is clear

thanks pete

Rob
Old 23 January 2011, 03:13 PM
DEMOLITION MAN
BANNED

pm replied mate

Pete
Old 23 January 2011, 03:14 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

ok mate no Probs thanks for making me aware of DANSSTI and the likes, and ive mentioned in previous post that i to have been scammed on ebay for parts totalling £1250 which never turned up,no reply to emails,phone turned off etc. Juts makes me so angry that there people can do it and get away with it !!

Rant over lol

Pete
Old 23 January 2011, 05:50 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

rob if i were you id just trade it in loads off messers out there mate
Old 23 January 2011, 06:13 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

its not my car nick its my brothers MG.. if DEMOLITION MAN ends up not buying it then he may well trade it in but its too good a car to let go cheaply. i think DEMO is emailing my brother about it he says anyway

Quick Reply: please read