Sponsored by:

the end is nigh

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2010, 09:15 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default the end is nigh

Well people.. after 3 years of enjoyable ownership, 10000 miles covered, countless visits to shell, thousands spent, a night of hell, and many a good memory the trusted bugeye is spending its last week in my ownership. i can honnesly say that ill be heartbroken to see (and hear) it go but the time as come to say good bye. The main reason is safety of my family but other things such as lack of use and soaring fuel prices have made me decide to move on (for now). The new owner (non member) is getting a great car if i say so myself, im just hoping its well looked after.

i have no doubt that ill be back driving another subaru in a year or two but for now, as Wako Jacko once said 'This is it' . ill still be hanging around on here more than likley as ive passed on the site details to the new owner and ill want to see what happens next.

so, thanks to all that have commented,passed judgment, helped and slated me and my car.

All the best for the new year

Powerwrx
Old 30 December 2010, 09:21 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by powerwrx
Well people.. after 3 years of enjoyable ownership, 10000 miles covered, countless visits to shell, thousands spent, a night of hell, and many a good memory the trusted bugeye is spending its last week in my ownership. i can honnesly say that ill be heartbroken to see (and hear) it go but the time as come to say good bye. The main reason is safety of my family but other things such as lack of use and soaring fuel prices have made me decide to move on (for now). The new owner (non member) is getting a great car if i say so myself, im just hoping its well looked after.

i have no doubt that ill be back driving another subaru in a year or two but for now, as Wako Jacko once said 'This is it' . ill still be hanging around on here more than likley as ive passed on the site details to the new owner and ill want to see what happens next.

so, thanks to all that have commented,passed judgment, helped and slated me and my car.

Powerwrx
good luck rob ill miss the exhausts posts ill be there aswell shortly
Old 30 December 2010, 09:25 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, sorry to hear your selling up, what will I do with out the genome exhaust pitch and the cracking pics you have in your avatar, some cracking clams at the min by the way.

All the best and a happy new year
Old 30 December 2010, 09:27 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by powerwrx

Powerwrx
I always wanted your car,gone down the same route too.
Old 30 December 2010, 09:33 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shame you're selling up, it was a lovely looking car - in fact it was probably nearly as good looking as mine

Enjoy whatever you get, but you know you'll be back
Old 30 December 2010, 09:38 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Sad to see the car leave mate. You car made me full in love with White Bugeyes mate and almost came close to getting mine viynal'd on that basis.

I think your doing the best thing mate on the family side of things. I would do the same as my kids mean more to me than my car. Petrol prices........I am still thinking about it.

Don't be a stranger on here fella.

Good luck and Happy New Year.

Steve
Old 30 December 2010, 10:07 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear ure selling mate,

but family is more important than a bit of metal,
Old 30 December 2010, 10:11 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

can i ask why safety of your family i remember what a couple of years ago when someone tried taking your car or breaking into your property for the keys but did something else happen recently.
im also doing the same but just going to get a bmw diesel petrol prices are a joke and will continue to get worse
got a civic type r at minute but even that doesnt seem to get far on the petrol front
Old 30 December 2010, 10:19 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Enjoy your last week and I hope you enjoy your replacement. I think your car converted me to liking white...
Old 30 December 2010, 10:23 PM
NEILB1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zs_phil
can i ask why safety of your family i remember what a couple of years ago when someone tried taking your car or breaking into your property for the keys but did something else happen recently.
im also doing the same but just going to get a bmw diesel petrol prices are a joke and will continue to get worse
got a civic type r at minute but even that doesnt seem to get far on the petrol front
Someone was weighing it all up again fella front of the house and car
Old 30 December 2010, 10:28 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

horrible thats why i leave my car keys on the kitchen table at night even though its only a civiv type r but when i had my scoob and focus rs i would rather someone find the keys than come and ask for them while they either hold my wife or children and demand the keys.
Old 31 December 2010, 05:45 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

What no more Photoshop request threads?
All the best mate.
Are you ever going to tell us who the hottie in your avi is?
Old 31 December 2010, 06:32 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Flaps
What no more Photoshop request threads?
All the best mate.
Are you ever going to tell us who the hottie in your avi is?
haha i may pop on and post the odd ' please photoshop my genome' thread once in a while..

thanks everyone for your posts, ive decided to go down the small hot hatch route and get a 197 clio... just thought ide give them a try.

FLAPS im gonna keep you wondering about the avi