Sponsored by:

Eibach Front Camber Bolts are these any good

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2010, 07:52 PM
the bear1986
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Front Camber Bolts are these any good

As title says i've found front and rear on ebay new for £19.5 a set this are to fit MY02 sti are these a worth while mod
Old 15 December 2010, 12:48 PM
the bear1986
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know if these camber or any other good make are a worth while mod? Just need some advice before I buy some.
Old 15 December 2010, 12:51 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

i had a set on my standard sti suspension. were fine allowed me to get near 2 degree camber on the front..

is their anything wrong with your geometry setup or the handling of the car? unless you are doing the geometry again, i wouldnt buy them. if howeveer you have a lot of suspension upgrades and geometry is getting done again then go for it, as you can set it up better for track.
Old 15 December 2010, 12:52 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eggy790
i had a set on my standard sti suspension. were fine allowed me to get near 2 degree camber on the front..

is their anything wrong with your geometry setup or the handling of the car? unless you are doing the geometry again, i wouldnt buy them. if howeveer you have a lot of suspension upgrades and geometry is getting done again then go for it, as you can set it up better for track.
p.s. personally i'd leave the standard sti suspension.. get some prodrive/eibach springs for them so it sits slightly lower and harder and fit a rear 24mm whiteline arb

also if geometry has never been done on the car , just getting that done again will improve handling by far!
Old 15 December 2010, 05:18 PM
the bear1986
Scooby Regular

hi guys thaks for the input. the story is that when i bought the car it was already on spax coilovers and it's on it's *** almost. ive alos just bought an h brace and i am in the process of looking for new bushes but not sure what to get. so i thought it would be good to get these so i can have an all new geometry set up done. would you guys still say these are good for what i want or just keep the bolts stock?
Old 15 December 2010, 05:25 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

stock bolts allowed me to get 1.3ish camber on my front, which i think is more than enough for handling/tyre wear etc.

its entirely up to you.. im on bc coilovers with those eibach bolts running 2 degree camber now as i have it set up for track.. inside tyre wear has increased though.

i personally would say for fast road / track, get some prodrive sti suspension.. so red shocks and red springs.. with a larger rear anti roll bar.. do the bushes and have a good geometry setup and u'll be fine.

reason i say this is because coilovers require a lot of tweaking.. i found it harder getting tracktion at scoobyshootout this year in the heavy rain, whereas my brother ran his car, same setup as mine, just on standard suspensions and it was more forgiving..

all depends on what the car is used for..
Old 15 December 2010, 05:40 PM
the bear1986
Scooby Regular

ok thanks for that. its just a summer toy so doesnt come out in winter. well i have plans to do a few track days next year but not enough to warrent a full upgrade. i have been looking for sti suspension but no luck also dont they have knock issues?