Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think this seller is a scammer and been mentioned before !

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2010, 03:54 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think this seller is a scammer and been mentioned before !

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2324225.htm
Old 12 December 2010, 04:01 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

yeah same email as the v7 sti for £3500 i started the thread on a while back which was then relisted about 3 week ago that i reported again lol well they are persistant
Old 12 December 2010, 04:12 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

thought so , very cheap motor !
Old 12 December 2010, 04:25 PM
f4la k
Scooby Regular

Same old story "email me directly,otherwise it will go into my spam" bullsh1t, just adjust the spam filter...
Old 12 December 2010, 04:38 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Same seller again...
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2324475.htm
Old 12 December 2010, 06:29 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

thelma todds ha ha ha very creative
Old 12 December 2010, 08:05 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Do they actually own these cars or what ?

Is it only when you turn up to part with your hard earned cash that someone jumps from behind a bush and gives you a couple of whacks with a baseball bat for your troubles,cant see how it all works ,but the adverts stand out like a sore thumb, (maybe not to some discerning buyer) !
Old 12 December 2010, 08:45 PM
peter a
Scooby Regular

Yeah I have seen these as well , how does the scam work?
Old 12 December 2010, 09:23 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

think they end up saying they now live abroad and the car is in storage once the money has been bank transfered they will have the car deliverd might be worth contacting them to see what they say
Old 12 December 2010, 09:32 PM
Jamiesti01
Scooby Regular

Carn't believe people still fall for these cons!?!?!?!?!
Old 12 December 2010, 09:38 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Too cheap people who fall for this deserve it IMHO.

TX.
Old 12 December 2010, 10:54 PM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamiesti01
Carn't believe people still fall for these cons!?!?!?!?!
There are thousands of thick people in this country!
Old 12 December 2010, 11:17 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I remember seeing someone on the news who paid £15k for a £30k car, he knew it was cheap but he just pressumed it was a bargain A fool and thier money are easily parted
Old 13 December 2010, 05:49 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw

I saw this ad yesterday and emailed the ''owner'' just to hear the story.

Hi,

The car is still available for sale,it is in perfect condition in and out,100% HPI clear with a certificate to confirm,full service history.
I just got married and moved with my Italian husband in Milan,Italy.I took the car with me so the car is currently here.
I can`t use it in Italy because it has the wheel on the right side and it would also cost me too much to register it here.
It is still registered in the UK and since I have absolutely no use for it I am looking for a fast sale( this is why the low asking price)
I can ship the car from here directly to your home address and I am also willing to cover all delivery expenses.
I look forward to your reply
Regards
Thelma

Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 20:35:15 +0000
To: ThelmaTodds34@hotmail.com
Subject:

#cg_msg_content .ExternalClass div { }Hi, i'm interetsed in the STi on Pistonheads.

Could you tell me where the car is located so I can view it?

Thanks

So I emailed ''her'' a couple of times from different email addresses, waited for their response and replied with the following:

1. My mate Gigantor from the local rugby club is having his stag doin Italy so we'll all come along and view it. Whats you mobile number?

2. I'm interested in the car for my friend, Jock McGunbomb from the shooting club who isnt allowed an email address or allowed to travel abroad. Said he'll happily pay for the car once he's been to the job at the Clydesdale on Friday.

3. I'll come and view the car in Italy on Friday. I work for MI5 so I'll probably hitch a lift with the guys from the RAF who will drop me near your location. I'll be the one dropping from the skies with the Union Jack parachute.
Could you tell me where you live?
Thanks,

J Bond.

Old 13 December 2010, 06:32 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Triple filtered

Hi,

The car is still available for sale,it is in perfect condition in and out,100% HPI clear with a certificate to confirm,full service history.
I just got married and moved with my Italian husband in Milan,Italy.I took the car with me so the car is currently here.
I can`t use it in Italy because it has the wheel on the right side and it would also cost me too much to register it here.
It is still registered in the UK and since I have absolutely no use for it I am looking for a fast sale( this is why the low asking price)
I can ship the car from here directly to your home address and I am also willing to cover all delivery expenses.
Regards
Thelma

Subject:

#cg_msg_content .ExternalClass div { }Hi, i'm interetsed in the STi on Pistonheads.

Thanks

So I emailed ''her'' a couple of times from different email addresses, waited for their response and replied with the following:

1. My mate Gigantor from the local rugby club is having his stag doin Italy so we'll all come along and view it. Whats you mobile number?

2. I'm interested in the car for my friend, Jock McGunbomb from the shooting club who isnt allowed an email address or allowed to travel abroad. Said he'll happily pay for the car once he's been to the job at the Clydesdale on Friday.

3. I'll come and view the car in Italy on Friday. I work for MI5 so I'll probably hitch a lift with the guys from the RAF who will drop me near your location. I'll be the one dropping from the skies with the Union Jack parachute.
Thanks,

J Bond.

brilliant
Old 13 December 2010, 07:41 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Regards
Thelma

Subject:

Thanks

Thanks,

J Bond.

I have a funny feeling you'll have some abuse coming your way The scammed don't like to be scammed
Old 13 December 2010, 07:56 PM
NINJA ED
Scooby Regular

Hi,

Regards
Thelma

Subject:

Thanks

Thanks,

J Bond.

Absolute class
Old 13 December 2010, 09:04 PM
mshill
Scooby Regular

LOL

can't believe peeps fall for this scam!

just send me a large bag of cash and i promise to send you the car as per the nice pictures
Old 13 December 2010, 09:13 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

I always seem to get them sent to me. I must have forgot to tick/untick a box somewhere.

My favourite was one I got sent from Robert Mugabe's son. Made me feel 'connected' for a minute

Good day!

I know this mail will come to you as a surprise since we have not had previous correspondence, please bear with me. I like to have a good relationship with you and I have a special reason why I decided to contact you. I am Peter Mugabe, 19 years old from Cote d Ivoire, the only child of Late Mr Robert Mugabe.

My sufferings began after they killed my parents and my only sister because my father was an opposition leader to the president of my country(Ivory Coast West Africa).Since then I have been with my uncles but they have made thing to be more difficult for me because of their eyes on my late father’s properties. They planned to take away all my late father's treasury and properties from me since the unexpected death of my beloved Parents.

Before the death of my father, he has $2.5 m USD (Two million, five hundred thousand dollars.) in a fixed deposit domiciliary account with a bank in Cфte d’Ivoire that I am the next of kin.

I humbly need your assistance to help get this money transferred to your account, to serve as my guardian and to make an arrangement for me to come over after the fund is transferred, also to look for a good venture where the money will be invested.

If you are willing to help me kindly get back to me. I am waiting for your urgent and positive response. Please do keep this to your self; I plead with you not to disclose it to anybody till after the transfer and I am in your country. I am willing to offer you 10% of the total sum as compensation of your effort.

Note that the confidentiality of this transaction would be highly appreciated in replying soonest to my private email address etermugabe@terra.com

Thanks and best regards.

Peter Mugabe.
Emailetermugabe@terra.com
Old 13 December 2010, 09:24 PM
JdcTypeR
Scooby Regular

I get that sh*t all the time, I wonder how many people actually fall for it though?
Old 13 December 2010, 09:57 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Bearing in mind I sent an e-mail asking is "the car still for sale" not even specify what car it was!

Hi,

Regards
Thelma

I then got this reply when I said I was flying to Milan to go skiing (anyone know of the best piste in Milan or is someone taking the piste?)

Hi,

Coming to Milan would be great cause it would save me from the shipping hassle but I need to know how soon you will be here cause I am looking for a fast sale.Thank you
Thelma

Old 13 December 2010, 10:04 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

ok, now you see how far they will go.

Tell them you skiing trip has fallen through. Youd still like to view the car but dont know any hotels locally to them.

Ask them to pay for a room in a nearby hotel and you'll square them up when you arrive.

If they ask for a phone number to contact you, say that this is no use as you are deaf or you have no ears or something.

Better still, give them my number 07891283523 and tell them our winter has been so bad, my ears fell off at -12 so texting is the only form of comunication and I'll see when the next flight to milan is from glasgow and see if they can meet me at the airport.

Muppets.

Last edited by Triple filtered; 13 December 2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 13 December 2010, 10:16 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

Flight details from glasgow

Milan Linate, Italy (LIN) Select ALITALIA
AZ3981, AZ7905
(Operated by Klm Royal Dutch Airlines) Departs: Sat 18 Dec 10 06:05
Arrives: Sat 18 Dec 10 11:25
Old 13 December 2010, 10:27 PM
GIPA313
Scooby Regular

Was the v7sti above mentioned my bros by anychance , blue with carbon bonnet ,white wheels etc ???

I listed it on pistonheads and eBay and someone had relisted for 3500 on piston heads from abroad somewhere, I didn't even no about it till someone on eBay messages me and told me all about it I tried email as if I was going to buy it but I didn't get no reply ..
Old 14 December 2010, 10:49 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

...Hi, I have received a lot if interest for the car so if you are willing to send a 20% deposit in advance I will save the car for you.If you will find ANYTHING wrong with the car or if its not exactly as described (perfect condition) I will refund your deposit immediately,no questions asked. Regards Thelma

Really!

Must be all the Scoobynet members. When I get home I'll send my reply.
Old 14 December 2010, 11:06 AM
bengreen85
Scooby Regular

I got this response when advertising my wrx on piston heads a few months ago from a "Danny Rose"...

Hi Ben, Thanks for the prompt response it is greatly appreciated. I find the pictures and condition okay. So i see no further delay.
Here is how we are going to do these so there wont be any mix up. Would try toexplain as best as i can. The vehicle is going to be shipped to DublinIreland as that is where it is going to be used. That is why we wouldne needing the services of a shipping agent. I have one which we canuse would send you his details as soon as we reach an agreement and iknow for certain the vehicle would be sold to me. You would be receiving payment via a Cheque which will include moneyfor the vehicle and that of the shipping agent. Upon receipt of thepayment all you need do is have it banked and deduct your full fundsfor the vehicle and remit the remaining balance on top to the shippingagent. Upon confirmation of the money he would arrange all necessarydocumentations and come for the pick up of the vehicle with a carriage and also sign all necessary change of ownership papers.
In light of this to have the Cheque issued and sent out to your address, i would be requesting you send me the following contactdetails:
Full Name::::::::::
Full Address:::::::
Telephone Number::::::::
Upon receipt of this details we would proceed immediately.
Thanks very much once again.
Danny.
Old 14 December 2010, 11:10 AM
bengreen85
Scooby Regular

so i replied to him about my wrx which was advertised at £2700ono by saying..

Hi danny, thanks for your email.
The lowest price i will take is £5700. Hope this is acceptable.
Due to many scamming ***** i only accept cash or bank transfer.i will then send the keys to you once your money has cleared.
Cheers then, thanks then, bye then.
Ben

I never got a response back! funny as he was so keen to buy it hahaha
Old 14 December 2010, 11:42 AM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

They must think that the general population would take full advantage of a cheap car , think not ! These people are praying on the weak minded who are looking for a cheap deal and cannot see through there silly adverts , this kind of thing will go on and on and the site owners need to monitor this and deal with accordingly .
Old 14 December 2010, 12:07 PM
N_Scooby
Scooby Regular

I always seem to get them sent to me. I must have forgot to tick/untick a box somewhere.

My favourite was one I got sent from Robert Mugabe's son. Made me feel 'connected' for a minute

Good day!

I know this mail will come to you as a surprise since we have not had previous correspondence, please bear with me. I like to have a good relationship with you and I have a special reason why I decided to contact you. I am Peter Mugabe, 19 years old from Cote d Ivoire, the only child of Late Mr Robert Mugabe.

My sufferings began after they killed my parents and my only sister because my father was an opposition leader to the president of my country(Ivory Coast West Africa).Since then I have been with my uncles but they have made thing to be more difficult for me because of their eyes on my late father’s properties. They planned to take away all my late father's treasury and properties from me since the unexpected death of my beloved Parents.

Before the death of my father, he has $2.5 m USD (Two million, five hundred thousand dollars.) in a fixed deposit domiciliary account with a bank in Cфte d’Ivoire that I am the next of kin.

I humbly need your assistance to help get this money transferred to your account, to serve as my guardian and to make an arrangement for me to come over after the fund is transferred, also to look for a good venture where the money will be invested.

If you are willing to help me kindly get back to me. I am waiting for your urgent and positive response. Please do keep this to your self; I plead with you not to disclose it to anybody till after the transfer and I am in your country. I am willing to offer you 10% of the total sum as compensation of your effort.

Note that the confidentiality of this transaction would be highly appreciated in replying soonest to my private email address etermugabe@terra.com

Thanks and best regards.

Peter Mugabe.
Emailetermugabe@terra.com

I didn't think Robert Mugabe was dead?
Old 14 December 2010, 12:35 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

There's plenty of them out there - had a guy from 'Wales' wanted to buy my STi for £7k + without viewig it. Was going to send transport to collect it. All he needed was my address & my bank details to transfer the money...... I don't think so!

Oh and re above - thought the woman had just married an Italian - Todds doesn't sound that Italian to me?

Quick Reply: Think this seller is a scammer and been mentioned before !