Sponsored by:

possibly comming back to the fold

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2010, 01:21 AM
taylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool possibly comming back to the fold

After a few years away from subarus I'm now looking for a new car and the new hatch may fit the bill.

my last impreza was a JDM STi blobeye imported by litchfield. Sold it around 3 years ago and went to BMW as I figured I was getting too old for big spoilers and stuff. Was also sick off the sub 20mpg I was getting!

I'm currently running a 535D Msport which has been a cracking car but since getting a couple of dogs it's become a bit of an ornament and with our recent winters the RWD is a fat lot of good!

So I need either a hatch or an estate. I've looked around at the various marques but nothing jumps out at me. Focus RS is pretty smart but again it's a bit in your face. Audi A4 estate of some kind also a possibilty but they dont really light my fire. Even thought about getting a VW transporter which would be spot on for the dogs/mountain bikes/trackbikes etc but it's still a van and not sure I'm ready for that yet!

If I go Impreza it's more than likely I'll go the JDM route again(especially after reading some of the stuff on here about the 2.5 uk spec engine)

I've done some hunting around the classifieds and piston heads etc but I'm not really up to speed on whats what these days.

So,

is there any companies importing the STi 2nd hand?
what sort of prices should I be paying for a decent 2/3 year old one?
any foibles I should be looking out for?
anybody want to swap theirs for a 535D Msport?

cheers
Old 06 December 2010, 01:39 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by taylor
After a few years away from subarus I'm now looking for a new car and the new hatch may fit the bill.

my last impreza was a JDM STi blobeye imported by litchfield. Sold it around 3 years ago and went to BMW as I figured I was getting too old for big spoilers and stuff. Was also sick off the sub 20mpg I was getting!

I'm currently running a 535D Msport which has been a cracking car but since getting a couple of dogs it's become a bit of an ornament and with our recent winters the RWD is a fat lot of good!

So I need either a hatch or an estate. I've looked around at the various marques but nothing jumps out at me. Focus RS is pretty smart but again it's a bit in your face. Audi A4 estate of some kind also a possibilty but they dont really light my fire. Even thought about getting a VW transporter which would be spot on for the dogs/mountain bikes/trackbikes etc but it's still a van and not sure I'm ready for that yet!

If I go Impreza it's more than likely I'll go the JDM route again(especially after reading some of the stuff on here about the 2.5 uk spec engine)

I've done some hunting around the classifieds and piston heads etc but I'm not really up to speed on whats what these days.

So,

is there any companies importing the STi 2nd hand?
what sort of prices should I be paying for a decent 2/3 year old one?
any foibles I should be looking out for?
anybody want to swap theirs for a 535D Msport?

cheers
JDM is the right way to go however theres not one used JDM hatch for sale and I would imagine they will fetch 18k+ for a used one.Litchfield has the new spec c in stock for 29k it might be worth giving him a call other than that there are none about.

Immy
Old 06 December 2010, 02:03 AM
taylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ah well.. maybe I'm not comming back to the fold after all!

I would have went for a hawkeye spec C but a saloon is of no use. Fairly sure there must be a law preventing me keeping the dogs shut in a boot
Old 06 December 2010, 02:56 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by taylor
ah well.. maybe I'm not comming back to the fold after all!

I would have went for a hawkeye spec C but a saloon is of no use. Fairly sure there must be a law preventing me keeping the dogs shut in a boot
Yeh it's called "get rid of the dogs" law and get back in a Subaru

Immy