MINDLESS VANDALISM

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2001, 06:51 PM
buddy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hi all,
Came out of the house this morning with the dog at 6.30 am to find a nice long deep scratch right the way down my (sti 5 type r 2 door). Result £230.00+ vat to respray the door and wing, back panel can be polished out.I am totally pissed off as this car is mypride and joy, i just wish i could have caught the perpitrater in the act, as i would have snapped his fingers.What gives this scumbag lowlife the right to damage my property,they dont know the damage they are causing.
1 Fed up buddy
Old 14 March 2001, 06:57 PM
JAMES BUSHELL
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that! Moody or what...

It just makes you mad!!!!. The thing is you'd probably get fined and a record if you did his fingers.

I remember a story a few years back about a guy that found someone trying to hotwire his Cosworth. He broke the mugs legs with his door and received a jail sentence for his trouble!

J
Old 14 March 2001, 07:10 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Angry

Damn!

SCUM

Really feel for you buddy. Same thing happened to my scoob last year.
Makes you feel sick with anger.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

Rich
Old 14 March 2001, 07:30 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Angry

Bast**ds

Nuff Said

Old 14 March 2001, 07:45 PM
rapala
Scooby Newbie

Angry

Sorry to hear that. when it happened to me it cost me £175, never knew who the little ba5tards where....the way I look at it what comes around, goes around
Old 14 March 2001, 09:39 PM
mat-e-boy
Scooby Regular

Breaks your bloody heart that a toe rag can ruin someones pride and joy.
hope it gets sorted soon.
All the best
Matthew
Old 14 March 2001, 09:59 PM
mattski
Scooby Regular

buddy,

sorry to hear the news m8 :-(

Trending Topics

Old 14 March 2001, 10:10 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Sorry to hear that mate, I went to my car and found a topstone on the pavement, a big dent in my bonnet, a bent scuttle, a bent wiper arm and a smashed windscreen! I don't know to this day who did it but if I do find them they'll get a good kicking! My neighbour heard something in the night ( I was p*ssed and asleep on the sofa, 20ft from the car and didn't hear a thing!) so I reported to plod, made a statement, he said I'll go see your neighbour. That was six months ago and he hasn't been yet!
Old 14 March 2001, 10:14 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Buddy,
Given that the damage was caused outside your house, it would tend to point to possibly two or maybe three scenarios IMO.

1) Complete idiot who just happened to be walking down your road, did it out of devilment. Probably a one off.

2)A jealous near neighbour. Who could do it again.

3) A neighbour who has become agreived by you and/or your car, possibly because of either the noise it makes, exhaust or stereo, and/or the way you drive it. ie too quickly. They too could do it again.

If its the first option, you cannot safeguard against that, without parking in a garage.

If its options 2 or 3 (very possibly) it may be prudent to wait a while before spending money fixing it.

If you have upset somebody, who must live within walking distance of your house, they may well wait until its fixed to do it again.

If you don't already drive like a ***** near your home, then maybe this is the time to adopt a very slow in and very slow out approach to driving to and from your house,
to at least eliminate one possible cause of annoyance to your neighbours.

I know that NOBODY has the right to interfere with another persons property, but people do so for a multitude of reasons.

All you can do is try and eliminate some of the antagonism.

Remember it happened outside your house, so the person may well know you, at least by sight. It probably wasn't a random attack, as say parked in a town centre car park, but carried out by someone who had reason to walk past your house, and who may walk past your house regularily.

It might be worthwhile trying to set up a video camera, at least for the short term.

By the way I know full well about strange people having a grudge for no obvious reason.
I have had screws lent up against my tyres on more than 7 occasions, on my works car park.
Somebody it seems, wants me to have a blow out and kill me, my wife and two children.
But I don't suppose that crosses their very immature/selfish/vindictive minds.
I had the Police involved, but unless you have witnesses, or video evidence, then theres not a lot you can do.

Don't let the beggars grind you down.
Cheers MTR
Old 14 March 2001, 10:15 PM
Dales
Scooby Regular

Angry

Buddy,

Scummy $$44tards; I really do not understand the mentality of these people. If I see a nice car, I admire it and cannot understand people who want to damage them.

Dales

PS - which bodyshop are you using for the respray? Macadams did a good job for me a couple of years ago.
Old 14 March 2001, 10:43 PM
buddy
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks for the replies guys,dales im taking it to c+k in manchester , they have a good paint shop.hows it going anyway has dw got a scoob yet?
Bud
Old 15 March 2001, 08:02 AM
paulmon
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Buddy,

Have you got the contact details for C&K in Manchester. Telephone number & address would be useful.

I've just found out after two weeks of ownership that the Subaru paintwork is not quite as good as other manufacturers I might mention.

Driving home from work down the M56, something hits the bodywork, I get home and have a look down the side of the car and find 1 large and 2 very small white marks. I can only assume a stone or something has been throw up by another car and bounced off my rear wing. Gutted.

Cheers
Paul

[This message has been edited by paulmon (edited 15 March 2001).]
Old 15 March 2001, 08:28 AM
RichieB
Scooby Regular

Guys...jealousy rage is a sign of the times...most of the perpetrators from what I can gather are spotty youths who either can't afford one, or are not old enough to drive, but see them on the video games.

They can't stand someone else to have something that they can't have, so they damage that persons property to make themselves feel better, and presumably in their tiny minds, to "even things up" a bit.

My MY00 when new was damaged in this way minutes after being parked up when brand new...key scraped down the roof. If I'd have caught the joker, his **** would have been put into orbit!!

Anyway, that's one of the reasons I've changed to a MY01 wagon....doesn't get the same attention, but goes just as well

Cheers,

Rich
Old 15 March 2001, 08:42 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Red face

Buddy, sorry to hear about that, I had someone take a key across the back left panel during the Christams hols, and I haven't got the money to repair it yet
If I had got the person snapped fingers would have been the least of their problems.
Old 15 March 2001, 09:00 AM
Peter L
Scooby Regular

Angry

B*stards.

Sorry to hear about that Buddy.

A green 5 door near me suffered a similar fate. When he eventually got it sorted, it wasn't long before a number of dents appeared on his bonnet - probably related to one of MTR's last 2 scenarios.

Let's jsut hope that they live a miserable life (probably do as I doubt they drive a Scoob )

Peter
Old 15 March 2001, 01:29 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Not good...

a friend has just bought a wireless camera and receiver which plugs into telly so you can record it on video... cost £130..

If you get one with cables then even cheapers..

Either advertise the fact that you have a camera with a sign or not depending on whether you want to catch someone or not etc...
Old 15 March 2001, 01:54 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Red face

F*cking halfwits the lot of them Sorry to hear about that Buddy, your car is very nice.

From my experiences in Burnley it will have been some p1ssed up get after a night out at Liquid Rock

At least no-one has been hurt and it hasn't been nicked though. My sister recently had nitromorse poured all over her brand new Saxo VTS in Skipton. The company she worked for owed this nutter some cash (only £500) so he did this to her car. Her boss said tough and she would have to pay for it herself - tosser Total cost of full respray £5000 through insurance. She is only 23 so now wont be able to insure a fast car for a few years.

Some people really get on my nerves with this sort of thing.

On a lighter note, I still haven't managed to get a Scoob - test drove an MY95 for £8500 but wasnt keen. I need a new car by next week as my Rover blew its engine so it looks like I will have to buy another 205 GTi for now and then save up for a newer Scoob. Are you going on NM5 Buddy?

DW

Paulmon - C&K's website is at
Old 15 March 2001, 02:06 PM
Aero
Scooby Regular

It's utterly disgusting that this happens.
I can't fathom what sort of pleasure poeple can derive from that sort of thing.
That's a great synopsis by MTR, And if I left my scoob on the road I'd definatley consider the camera. But keep it out of site or some scummer will nick it...
Old 15 March 2001, 02:44 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear that, its my worst nightmare,
Andyp
Old 15 March 2001, 03:31 PM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Angry

Commiserations mate - I've been there myself.

Scum
Old 15 March 2001, 04:53 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Jolly Green Monster:
<B>a friend has just bought a wireless camera and receiver which plugs into telly so you can record it on video... cost £130..

If you get one with cables then even cheapers..
[/quote]

Monster

Any more info. on this?

Rich
Old 15 March 2001, 05:03 PM
Martin Cook
Scooby Regular

Red face

Sorry to hear your probs.
I had a similar incident last year when I was sitting watching television, when some ******* ripped the Prodrive high level spoler off my, then, 3 month old.
I searched for the for 30 mins to dish out a kicking, but couldn't find them. New boot lid and spoiler £1,200.00.. ********

Martin
Old 15 March 2001, 10:12 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Dreamy, It's off subject but whats your sister called? I'm 23 aswell, till monday at least! I might know her, if I don't is she single?

Bob
Old 15 March 2001, 10:43 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Move or get some new mates.
Old 15 March 2001, 10:59 PM
buddy
Scooby Regular

Smile

Paulmon,
you can e mail ck at garage chip.com or phone 0161 2241431.
bud