Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Sick of Paypal. Any alternatives???

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2010, 10:23 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sick of Paypal. Any alternatives???

After getting hit with limitation after limitation of my paypal account, asking for tracking details for transactions, invoices(???), email correspondance, supplier contact details(???) because of the amount of transactions on my account due to me breaking cars, I'd like to hear if there are any other ways I could take paymens or if anyone else uses any other method?
Old 13 October 2010, 10:40 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

http://www.moneybookers.com/app/ weather you would get people to use it though is a different thing.
Old 13 October 2010, 10:44 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

this is the problem.

99% of people pay through paypal but they keep limiting my account so I cant pay out of it so I have to pay the postage out my own pocket and wait until the limit is lifted again.
Old 13 October 2010, 10:45 PM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

Paypal is rubbishhh!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13 October 2010, 10:48 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

why are your accounts being limited?
Old 13 October 2010, 10:51 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by my94wrx
why are your accounts being limited?
Limits on sending or receiving money.
Some paypal have limits as for sending(1500£) or receiving(1500£)
And this is "normal"(sick) for Paypal due Anti Money laundering law

Last edited by jura11; 13 October 2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 13 October 2010, 10:52 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

I think it was because it's a personal account and there was a lot of money going in and out.
Personal is only meant to be for buying online. I did upgrade but too little too late I think. I dont know if it costs more to have a business account with paypal and maybe theyre getting pi$$ed at me?
Old 13 October 2010, 11:00 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Triple filtered
I think it was because it's a personal account and there was a lot of money going in and out.
Personal is only meant to be for buying online. I did upgrade but too little too late I think. I dont know if it costs more to have a business account with paypal and maybe theyre getting pi$$ed at me?

Hi mate if you are selling in high volumes create business paypal account,but i don't really trust paypal.
Out are alternatives(Google checkout,iVerified,Amazon Payments etc.),but buyer must have its same Google Checkout etc.
Old 13 October 2010, 11:07 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

I've just opened a paypal business account so I'll see what happens now.

Trouble is, my bank card and bank account are already assigned to another paypal account so I'll need to cancel my card, get a new one and open a savings account
Old 13 October 2010, 11:12 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

had same problem from very little activity to a few transactions could get hold of money for upto 21 days or untill buyer left feedback and was happy with purchase ,,,buyers market mate
Old 13 October 2010, 11:13 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leecalcars
had same problem from very little activity to a few transactions could get hold of money for upto 21 days or untill buyer left feedback and was happy with purchase ,,,buyers market mate

Exactly it!!!
Old 13 October 2010, 11:15 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I had issues at first, but then expnaded to a business account which is free. I no longer have any issues and accept reasonably large amounts of money. One month I took in 7k which incurred some hefty fees, but then the buyer paid these ;-).

You may need to go through a vefiying process to unlimit your account to a business user, which is usually some deposits made into your bank account for you to verify that you are legit (as said above "not money spinning")
Old 13 October 2010, 11:26 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

the problem is paypal has a virtual monopoly on the online buying market, I think direct bank transfer is better but it offers little protection for the buyer, lets hope the business user account solves it for you
Old 13 October 2010, 11:29 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by UK300 PRODRIVE
I had issues at first, but then expnaded to a business account which is free. I no longer have any issues and accept reasonably large amounts of money. One month I took in 7k which incurred some hefty fees, but then the buyer paid these ;-).

You may need to go through a vefiying process to unlimit your account to a business user, which is usually some deposits made into your bank account for you to verify that you are legit (as said above "not money spinning")

7k!!!

I couldnt withdraw 70 quid without having to upload my mortgage deeds!!

Originally Posted by daz1968
the problem is paypal has a virtual monopoly on the online buying market, I think direct bank transfer is better but it offers little protection for the buyer, lets hope the business user account solves it for you

Hope so too mate as I've just bought a 99 turbo to break

and on a separate subject, the itrader is too hard to use on here. I've broke 2 cars on here now which have resulted in a lot more than 12 parts.

Last edited by Triple filtered; 13 October 2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 13 October 2010, 11:48 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Just question what is better than ebay for selling(i last sell my Saxo over PH 3 months and nothing happen and i put later on ebay and sell for great profit) and buying cheap stuff?
Sometimes here is better deal,but everyone use ebay for some "great deals" etc.
Simple nothing...
Paypal,simple everyone use paypal for paying or sending money,because is easier way,but not safest(scammers etc.)
Old 14 October 2010, 12:01 AM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

Its just the fees that sellers have to pay.

I sold my engine on there last month for 350 and got a 35 quid fee.

I always try here first then other scooby sites then ebay as a last resort.
Old 14 October 2010, 12:05 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Its just the fees that sellers have to pay.

I sold my engine on there last month for 350 and got a 35 quid fee.

I always try here first then other scooby sites then ebay as a last resort.
Some as me,eBay is last resort,but some guys want these parts for very low price and again fees(which is really annoying,i sell my mobile for 350£ and fees 35£ and if you are sell for 400£ and more you are still paying same fees 40£).
Old 15 October 2010, 08:36 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

UPDATE!!

Opened a paypal business account 2 days ago, payments were made into it yesterday from 2 members on here.

Paypal immediatelly limited its access asking for proof of delivery and tracking numbers?? (the items were only sold for a matter of hours!!), supplier contact info?? plus a host of other things.

I meticulasly went through every part, listing tracking numbers as I booked the courier (paid the delivery myself), listed all contact info, added links to the threads on here, etc.

Just had the email saying they no longer want to do business with my and closed my personal and business accounts!!!!!

Phoned them and they basically told me to go away and look for other ways of selling on Ebay!!!

I'm well pi$$ed off now.
Old 15 October 2010, 08:54 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

UPDATE!!

Opened a paypal business account 2 days ago, payments were made into it yesterday from 2 members on here.

Paypal immediatelly limited its access asking for proof of delivery and tracking numbers?? (the items were only sold for a matter of hours!!), supplier contact info?? plus a host of other things.

I meticulasly went through every part, listing tracking numbers as I booked the courier (paid the delivery myself), listed all contact info, added links to the threads on here, etc.

Just had the email saying they no longer want to do business with my and closed my personal and business accounts!!!!!

Phoned them and they basically told me to go away and look for other ways of selling on Ebay!!!

I'm well pi$$ed off now.

Hi matey,try this https://www.iverified.com/ Paypal alternative.
But your account on eBay is OK?
Old 15 October 2010, 09:19 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

UPDATE!!

I'm well pi$$ed off now.

i cant understand this, when i reached my limit on my paypal account i upgraded the premier? i think and have had no problems since, has your paypal been linked to a bad transaction on another account? maybe you paid for something on there account, then they ****ed around and you get the hassle?
Old 15 October 2010, 09:21 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

Nope, thats buggered as well. Paypal and Ebay are linked now so as soon as paypal limit your account, ebay block your ebay account. Double
Old 15 October 2010, 09:24 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my94wrx
i cant understand this, when i reached my limit on my paypal account i upgraded the premier? i think and have had no problems since, has your paypal been linked to a bad transaction on another account? maybe you paid for something on there account, then they ****ed around and you get the hassle?

Aint got a clue. Everything was fine until I started receiving payments into my account when I started breaking my last car.

I'm going to try iVerified. It looks like a good alternative as it says it can accept paypal payments. Just need to work out how paypal pays iVerified with email addresses??
Old 15 October 2010, 09:25 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like they are clamping down. I have no issues whatsoever. Are sure you havent breached something now or in the past.

I cant imagne they would ever **** anyone off for no reason, they reply on YOU to make their money.
Old 15 October 2010, 09:41 PM
Triple filtered
Scooby Regular

A was told by one of the many paypal monkeys I have spoke to that its because I am a new seller but I'm more than sure its because I tried to open a business account while there were still limits on my personal account insted of just upgrading.