Sponsored by:

MY06 Hawkeye Spec C - Crystal Grey

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2010, 02:52 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool MY06 Hawkeye Spec C - Crystal Grey

I used to have one - does someone on here own it now?
Old 08 October 2010, 03:05 PM
lazadude
Scooby Regular

Reg number? where was it bought from? any unique additives? lol. Anything / Something to help ID it
Old 08 October 2010, 04:42 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Well it can't be that hard there are only a small handful in the country!

It had EXE-TC suspension on it and Miltek exhaust, AP 6 pots with RED calipers. Very nice car.

VX55***

Last edited by Trout; 08 October 2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08 October 2010, 04:57 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only one I know of is a Type RA, and Gussy owns that

Tony
Old 08 October 2010, 05:02 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah and that's "Premium Silver" so you don't know of one!
Old 08 October 2010, 05:07 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I know someone who has one, nice car but has brembos on, so not the same car, its the only one I have seen.
Old 08 October 2010, 11:25 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

The Brembos from my Spec C are in my garage!
Old 15 October 2010, 07:13 PM
gfleming
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Trout
I used to have one - does someone on here own it now?
Yes me still, but I thought you knew that ?
Old 16 October 2010, 07:23 AM
paddokx
Scooby Regular

I bought the Crystal Grey Spec C from you purely for track days, I loved the colour & very different than the normal colours.

I remember it was the Saturday I collected it then on Pistonheads on the Sunday there was a Red Spec C came up for sale with the Powerstation 400hp conversation, Porsche Brakes & AST Suspension. This was the exact spec I wanted & the cheapest way to get it, in red was a rare find too. The owners where no expense spared father & son & the car was kept in a heated garage, could not ask for more so I bought it on the spot.

I then sold the Grey one to Graham, hope your still enjoying it Graham.

Upsetting the wife further I then sold the red spec C to Iain Litchfield & bought myself a new Porsche 997 C4S PDK, great car but never used it, always used the X5 because of the dog, after 1000K miles in about 8 months I sold it & bought one of the old Cross Road - CR363 track cars (the one with the blue wheels & blue roll cage, they also made one with red wheels/red cage - made to look like a Porsche 996 GT3RS).

After a few trackdays I sent it to David at API & had a 2.1 engine, it is a stonker now, packs alot more punch. Re-labelled as a "GT4RS"

If there is anyone in this business that oooooozes quality & customer service it is David at API, I have spoken & had some dealings with others & they don't come close on service. I visited API & their workshop is clean, organized & the guys that work there are friendly & very helpful. I would urge anyone to at least speak with David before they have any work done.

I am now storing my car & trailer with David between each trackday so he can look after it, he is that good !!!!!!

Well that's part of my life story !!!
Old 16 October 2010, 07:43 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by gfleming
I knew you were thinking about buying it I didn't know that you had as it all went quiet!

I hope you are enjoying it
Old 16 October 2010, 07:49 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paddokx
I bought the Crystal Grey Spec C from you purely for track days, I loved the colour & very different than the normal colours.

I remember it was the Saturday I collected it then on Pistonheads on the Sunday there was a Red Spec C came up for sale with the Powerstation 400hp conversation, Porsche Brakes & AST Suspension. This was the exact spec I wanted & the cheapest way to get it, in red was a rare find too. The owners where no expense spared father & son & the car was kept in a heated garage, could not ask for more so I bought it on the spot.
I was aware of that - although it surprises me that you thought that the Porsche brakes were any better than AP 6 pots, on my GT3 the one thing that I miss is the bite that I got from the APs and want to put them on my car. Also in my own experience the EXE-TC is far superior to AST suspension.

But I guess the red car was redder and shinier
Old 16 October 2010, 08:50 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by paddokx

I then sold the Grey one to Graham, hope your still enjoying it Graham.

Upsetting the wife further I then sold the red spec C to Iain Litchfield & bought myself a new Porsche 997 C4S PDK, great car but never used it, always used the X5 because of the dog, after 1000K miles in about 8 months I sold it & bought one of the old Cross Road - CR363 track cars (the one with the blue wheels & blue roll cage, they also made one with red wheels/red cage - made to look like a Porsche 996 GT3RS).

After a few trackdays I sent it to David at API & had a 2.1 engine, it is a stonker now, packs alot more punch. Re-labelled as a "GT4RS"

If there is anyone in this business that oooooozes quality & customer service it is David at API, I have spoken & had some dealings with others & they don't come close on service. I visited API & their workshop is clean, organized & the guys that work there are friendly & very helpful. I would urge anyone to at least speak with David before they have any work done.

I am now storing my car & trailer with David between each trackday so he can look after it, he is that good !!!!!!

Well that's part of my life story !!!
Paddoks I remember that red spec-c they were doing a track-day at Croft when I was there a while back in mine they had just put a brand spanking set of speedline wheels on it as you have said money no object and when I had a crack with them thats all they used the spec-c for as trackday toy.
Old 16 October 2010, 10:28 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by gfleming
1st post & you've been a member since Nov 2002

TX.
Old 16 October 2010, 10:36 PM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Terminator X
1st post & you've been a member since Nov 2002

TX.
then there,s me thinking i did,nt post much
Old 17 October 2010, 07:08 AM
paddokx
Scooby Regular

Yes, the Red Spec C was something else, the car had speedlines on, they also gave me a spare set of speedlines/Yokohamas including the original Brembo brakes, original suspension all of which I sold on ebay. I also bought their virtually brand new Brian James trailer for a song (Iain has the trailer now).

They did use it for track days but the car was so well looked after, serviced, oil changes constantly, they where great guys, real petrol heads, I see them at all the Croft days. They really regretted selling it to me & where devastated when I sold it, they would have bought it back from me for the money I paid which was more than I got from Iain but I didn't want the hassle of selling privately. Dealing with Iain was hassle free.

I don't think the Porsche brakes or AST's are any better or any worse, you end up reading so much on the internet & build your ideal spec in your head, this was my ideal car & being in red was a bit special. I personally think there is so little noticeable difference between so many products at the level of a regular guy, maybe a proffesional racing driver may notice. I have AP's on my current car which are amazing.

Someone has got a peach of a car there, I had just put AP brakes on rear before I sold it to Iain Litchfield, he had it sold before I sold it to him.

I am really pleased with my current track car, it's a bit different with the blue wheels, cage, flocked dash etc & with the cage it really feels stiff & taught. The 2.1 engine work transformed it. I believe it's running around 470bhp ish & a load of torque which is perfect for track day use.

Will be at Bedford on 8/11, Silverstone 3/12 then Cadwell 4/12 if anyones going, then the car will get put away for the winter.
Old 08 November 2010, 09:27 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasnt this one was it?
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2219697.htm

Tony
Old 08 November 2010, 09:51 AM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Thats the one that I know of, nice car and well looked after
Old 08 November 2010, 04:32 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Nice car ,but am not to keen on the interior
Old 08 November 2010, 06:44 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Argh, my eyes!

TX.

Last edited by Terminator X; 08 November 2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08 November 2010, 07:18 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Looks like somebody bast4rdised the interior
Old 08 November 2010, 07:39 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

LOL... wow that interior needs sorting asap.
Old 08 November 2010, 07:59 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
Looks like somebody bast4rdised the interior
PMSL