Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAO. Hanslow

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2002, 04:02 PM
DowdingS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have you fitted your Splitfire guages yet?
How did you get on?

Thanks
Steve
Old 05 April 2002, 05:34 PM
DowdingS
Scooby Regular

Any information you can supply would be great.
The splitfire guages look pretty good and cheap to!
The only bits I was concerned about were the threads. Are you getting an adapter made for the Oil pressure?
Where are you taking the oil temp from?

Thanks
Steve
Old 05 April 2002, 06:59 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Smile

The threads are 1/8" NPT (american 27 or 28 threads per inch) and the Scoob points are 1/8" BSPT (British opposite number of threads per inch to NPT).

I've ordered two converters (1/8" Male BSPT to 1/8" Female NPT) from Think Auto (http://www.thinkauto.com).

Oil temp will be coming straight from the block above the No 3 piston. I've got the subaru threaded screw to replace the allen key screw (subaru part no 11024AA210), which one of the adapters will screw into, and then my sender into that.

Oil pressure, I was going to tee off the existing sender, but from what I've been told, it's just a switch that when it drops below 10 PSI it turns a light on on the dash. Subaru decided if there is no signal at all, then everything must be OK So I'm going to remove my existing sender, screw in the other adapter and then put my pressure sender in there.

Boost comes off the manifold using the special nipple

The gauges do look good, and will look even better fitted Have yet to see them in operation, but I've not heard any bad reports about them. For the price, they should work out good value for money (95 quid for oil temp, oil press and boost delivered )

I'll be fitting most of it based on Nick's (chiark) top instructions on http://www.chiark.com/scooby/gauges.asp.

If we are at a mutual meet once they are fitted, give me a shout if you are interested in having a look. I'll post pics of my install once I get them fitted. I'm waiting for the last gauge cos getting the air vent surround out is a bugger!
Old 04 May 2002, 05:29 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

I've still not got the third one yet My suppliers supplier is messing him around at the mo. Apart from the thread adapters that I only ordered last over the easter holidays (forgot I needed them), I'm all ready to fit them, but they ain't going to be in for the meet on Sunday.

If you are interested in how they look at least, I can bring down all the bits and show you the custom built housing for them and the gauges themselves, albeit not wired in yet

These things never quite go to plan

Just checked the list and you aren't going are you? Long way
I'll post full details when they are fitted. Once I've got the thread adapters and last gauge, I'm looking at about 2 hours to fit I've made my own loom up and taken my various power, -ve and lighting feeds and running them into the loom and all the gauges should just plug in.

[Edited by Hanslow - 4/5/2002 5:33:50 PM]