FAO Moley WRX

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2010, 12:34 AM
71/200
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO Moley WRX

Gary,

not to put you on the spot or anything but why does the company you work for not cover Northern Ireland?

I have spoken to a guy and a girl at your office and said the only thing they could offer me was Green Card cover.

Why the hell would i need that when NI is part of the UK? Or do your staff not realise that

The risk of highjack is fairly low, there are hotspots for car crime but nothing to the scale of the mainland ffs.

Your Underwriters are seriously missing out on a large business revenue within NI with far less risk than some areas you would cover on the mainland.

Every advertisment you see in regards to car insurance normally has Excludes NI at the end.

IMO the insurance industry needs a good kick up the **** and take a reality check. It verges on discrimination! It also have a negative effect, because people over here dont have a good choice of modified car cover they simply break the law and dont cover the car correctly so the mainland picks up the bill in the end! Just as bad as being un-insured!

I could quite easily register the car at my sisters house which has a very good postcode on the mainland and get insurance from there, however that would be illegal.

What is so bad about NI? Research shows Bristol is worse but you dont exclude customers from Bristol as that would be discrimination.

Not a personal attack on you Gary, just hoping for some justifiable answers as to why so many companys exclude NI when there is more car crime on the mainland. Or explain the basics on what you decide to cover.

AFAIK Greenlight are the only broker offering a modified car policy for NI.
Old 19 September 2010, 07:28 AM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Without trying to answer on their behalf Stu, I think it is because Northern Irish claims are historically higher for whiplash due to the system implemented, its new territory for some companies, unwanted for others.
Greenlight insure me and are constantly trying to get new underwriters into the province, the only company I can see actively trying to give us a better service.
It would be good to hear non participating brokers reasons/excuses though.

Last edited by brendy76; 19 September 2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 19 September 2010, 08:19 AM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

I've been told on many of ocasions that it's exactly what brendy says that it's down to the claim society we live in. As soon as there's a back end crash it's a whip lash claim.
Old 19 September 2010, 10:16 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

MASSIVE personal injury claims, but some companies we use are now starting to quote for NI, so can have a look.
Old 19 September 2010, 12:29 PM
71/200
Scooby Regular

Thanks for replying Gary. Hoping to be able to get a qoute, your very hard to get hold of lol

With regards to the personal injury claims is it not just as bad as the mainland. Just look at the fella done recently for staging 60+ accidents.

Now we are picking up the bill for that!
Old 19 September 2010, 12:59 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
MASSIVE personal injury claims, but some companies we use are now starting to quote for NI, so can have a look.
Ah, they're on the make

TX.
Old 19 September 2010, 07:25 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

If it was your company, would you want to be dealing with a bunch of Pikey's?
Old 19 September 2010, 09:55 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by 71/200
With regards to the personal injury claims is it not just as bad as the mainland. Just look at the fella done recently for staging 60+ accidents.
I'll try to get some info from the insurers.

I'd be suprised if the NI personal injury problems are as bad as the current Bradford/Birmingham etc situation. (People with B postcodes.... brace yourselves for renewal time!!!)
Old 20 September 2010, 02:07 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Whats happened with birmingham then, also a bit unfair to load people who haven't even had an accident, Its the insurance companies fault for making it so easy to get personnel injury compensation, My wife was badgered by the insurance company into making a claim even though she was fine after the accident.
Old 23 September 2010, 09:16 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by daz1968
Whats happened with birmingham then, also a bit unfair to load people who haven't even had an accident, Its the insurance companies fault for making it so easy to get personnel injury compensation, My wife was badgered by the insurance company into making a claim even though she was fine after the accident.
Lots of thefts again, and huge personal injury issues.

It only takes one accident to wipe out every penny you've given the insurance company in the last 15-20 years.

The insurance industry don't make it easy to get PI - infact they are trying to clamp down on it, it's the no win no fee ambulance chasers.
Old 23 September 2010, 09:40 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

a bit depressing for me though as have dudley phone number and b postcode. About 300 yards round the corner is dudley postcode that is a lot less risk. Dont think its worth moving house though. But it is true when my wife had a minor shunt up the back she had at least 2 or 3 solicitors phone from the insurance trying to talk her into claiming. Maybe that was from the legal fee part of the insurance. Got on our nerves to be honest.

Last edited by daz1968; 23 September 2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 23 September 2010, 09:45 PM
Moley
Sponsor

a bit depressing for me though as have dudley phone number and b postcode. About 300 yards round the corner is dudley postcode that is a lot less risk. Dont think its worth moving house though. But it is true when my wife had a minor shunt up the back she had at least 2 or 3 solicitors phone from the insurance trying to talk her into claiming. Maybe that was from the legal fee part of the insurance. Got on our nerves to be honest.
It's not where you live as much, but where you drive.

Most thefts seem to happen away from the home address, and all personal injury claims are on the road.

If you live very close to a bad postcode you'll be hit hard aswell unfortunately.
Old 23 September 2010, 09:47 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Maybe that was from the legal fee part of the insurance.

Some body shops will even recommend you use their approved claimed company..... as they get a nice cash payment for every person they send accross.