Sponsored by:

newby possibly after first imprezza

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2010, 01:25 PM
infamousaidy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newby possibly after first imprezza

alright guys, my names aidy and i registered on here years ago when my mate had his classic. a few years have passed since and i'm considering buying an imprezza.

i currently have a 106 rallye track car with 170+ bhp and weighs around 850k with a full tank, its a little pocket rocket but i've lost the love for her after 4 years. she's booked in for more mapping work early next month and if i'm not seriously in love again after that its time to move on.

so, i'm considering a buy or blob eye in the 3 to 5k region. there seems to be plenty about. was really just wandering if the whole high miles thing was a major worry, i know my mates kept cracking the cam cover gaskets.

anything to massivly look out for etc? also are the interiors on imprezzas worth much, i'd be suprised if it goes more than a month without bucket seats going in.

cheers

aidy
Old 17 August 2010, 01:46 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

Originally Posted by infamousaidy
alright guys, my names aidy and i registered on here years ago when my mate had his classic. a few years have passed since and i'm considering buying an imprezza.

i currently have a 106 rallye track car with 170+ bhp and weighs around 850k with a full tank, its a little pocket rocket but i've lost the love for her after 4 years. she's booked in for more mapping work early next month and if i'm not seriously in love again after that its time to move on.

so, i'm considering a buy or blob eye in the 3 to 5k region. there seems to be plenty about. was really just wandering if the whole high miles thing was a major worry, i know my mates kept cracking the cam cover gaskets.

anything to massivly look out for etc? also are the interiors on imprezzas worth much, i'd be suprised if it goes more than a month without bucket seats going in.

cheers

aidy
What type of Blob eye you thinking? WRX? you'd be pushed to get an STI for 5K. Why not a nice classic?

Ideally low miles as you dont want other peoples leftovers.

One small point - - its A single Z in Impreza.
Old 17 August 2010, 03:58 PM
infamousaidy
Scooby Newbie

sorry about the spelling. i was concentrating more on my lunch. unsure on what model i'm aiming for. would rather have a bug eye sti and facelift it i suppose but whatever it is wouldnt be fast enough for long.

we've got a blob eye wrx in at work atm and i've had a nosey round it. interior is depressing tbh. although we also have a blob eye with hak eye front end conversion in that looks mucho nice.

so to recap, i just dunno and i cant afford an evo lol