Sponsored by:

Sunday morning Speeding fine

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2010, 09:23 AM
Ghettogrim
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunday morning Speeding fine

Great i got a speeding fine £60 and 3points on my lience today this was at 7.am !! 55mph in a 40mph just graet, Nice way to start the day i guess. I hope my insurance don't go to high on my renewal..
Old 08 August 2010, 09:36 AM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be worse mate, you could have run a child over and killed them
Old 08 August 2010, 09:41 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

inattention. did the same through road works on a sunday morning. 60mph dual carriage way, radio on, cruise control, having a smoke, 7am, no workers out. van over the crest of a hill. 59 in a 40. 3 points and £60. i spoke to the guy in van a few days later and he said unfortunately the 40mph was enforcable no point in bitching about it. just be thankful it was not a summons.
Old 08 August 2010, 10:09 AM
Ghettogrim
Scooby Newbie

I got done on the way to work doing on a 40 mph dual carriage way it made me late to work aswell...it gives me the nerve these met police have nothing better to do on a sunday morning
Old 08 August 2010, 10:30 AM
IJE71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by L.J.F
Could be worse mate, you could have run a child over and killed them
Not to cause an argument but a serious question. Can You, hand on heart, swear that you have never gone over a speed limit? Not many can, even some Micra drivers couldn't never mind Impreza's. If you can then fair play but if not then that comments a bit harsh imo.
I wouldn't worry about insurance, if it's your first three it doesn't affect it.
Old 08 August 2010, 10:39 AM
ian_wrx
Scooby Regular

If you speed and get cought then don't bitch as you where breaking the speed limit and it's there for a purpose

Also I have 6 points for speeding ( two lots of 3 ) and at the end of the day I did it I got cought and took it on the chin if it affects you that much don't speed simple

Every time you speed just think is it worth it

And yes I still speed a little
Old 08 August 2010, 11:27 AM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

The speed limits are so out of date and now used as another form of TAX. If the gov would sort out some up-to-date speed limits and move all of these speed traps and cameras around school etc then we would be getting somewhere. 70 on the motorway is bloody dangerous you would be the slowest car on the road.

Trending Topics

Old 08 August 2010, 11:43 AM
paulbu
Scooby Regular

The lower speed limits in urban areas are there 'for a reason'. Non car drivers and pedestrians in particular have it their right that drivers stick to the specified speed limit. Drivers who fail to do so, for whatever reason, and then complain when caught need to sit down and have a good think.
The 11.27 post must be a wind up.
Old 08 August 2010, 11:49 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paulbu
Why, in built-up areas you could argue that the lack of road-sense of some children requires lower speed limits so therefore out-of-date. Again dual-carriageways and motorways are still using the speed limits devised in the 60's and 70's. Cars have come a long way since then so why shouldn't they be raised.

When was the last time a national review of speed limits conducted compared to how often the government reviews national curriculum, public spending etc. I agree they are out-of-date and need to be reviewed but the answer will not be to up them all.
Old 08 August 2010, 12:48 PM
ilogikal1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ghettogrim
it gives me the nerve these met police have nothing better to do on a sunday morning
Yes, how very dare they catch someone breaking the law
Old 08 August 2010, 01:12 PM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As said if only 3 points then this will not affect insurance, dint mine 4 and 6 years ago. Now adays I don't speed as often, unless some tit in a RS focus is up my ***. Let him past and we both nailed it, dam thing walked it just and he had 2 in. The plate stated he was running 300bhp though, don't no what they are outa the box. Was up his bottom all the way to 130mph we both slowed down after hitin 160mph to much darting around in traffic.

Joke aside agreed about speed reviews, you could stop a BMX at 70 quicker then high way code states. Saying that though how oftern can you go 70 these days with all traffic and road work on motorways. So unless your drivin at daft o'ckock it's pointless.
Old 08 August 2010, 01:31 PM
loquefxp
Scooby Newbie

I got done doing 135mph coming back from a Southend cruze at 3am many moons ago, lucky for me I got banned for a month, £265 fine and didn't kill anyone. Haven't gone over 80 since
Old 08 August 2010, 02:00 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by F1 CJE UK
The speed limits are so out of date and now used as another form of TAX. If the gov would sort out some up-to-date speed limits and move all of these speed traps and cameras around school etc then we would be getting somewhere. 70 on the motorway is bloody dangerous you would be the slowest car on the road.
Um... Not to be a pain but MK - Milton Keynes? There are times on the motorways around MK where 50mph is dangerously fast. The roads are far more crowded these days and the performance of the average car is improving. They are all faster and quieter and more comfortable than their predecessors.

I'd support aggressive policing of limits but 1) they'd do it all by robot and 2) the smart signs and variable limits they impose on the M25 sometimes seem completely barmy. let alone times when it seems someone has pressed the wrong switch or there has been an equipment failure (e.g. a single battery of 40 signs on an otherwise 70 mph motorway).

It is all about appropriate speed, so maybe the UK should adopt a continental system... Allow 80/85 as the limit on sunny, dry days, reducing it in bad weather.

J.
Old 08 August 2010, 02:00 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulbu
The lower speed limits in urban areas are there 'for a reason'. Non car drivers and pedestrians in particular have it their right that drivers stick to the specified speed limit. Drivers who fail to do so, for whatever reason, and then complain when caught need to sit down and have a good think.
can you not read? i said that we need more cameras in these built up areas and increase the speed limit on the roads that are built for high speed.

bad driving kills people not speed.
Old 08 August 2010, 02:02 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

My first ever speeding fine was for 45mph in a 30, from a camera right outside a school. Now, obviously that's a very sensible place to put a camera if you're going to put one anywhere, but on the other hand it was 3:30 in the morning at the time, so slightly irrelevant to the intended road-safety aspect IMO.

License has now been clean for the past 8 years, or 100,000+ miles.
Old 08 August 2010, 02:07 PM
ian_wrx
Scooby Regular

Yep you lot are right car have come on a long way and the speed limits are a joke and that's why you never hear any speed related deaths etc anymore

Cars have came on a long way just a shame people behind the wheel haven't

As I said before I do speed sometimes and i think everyone does

As the before post my 1st 3 points where doing 120mph at 2am on a motorway, the copper was very nice and I only got the 3 point if he took me to court I would of been banned and now I never go over 80
Old 08 August 2010, 02:07 PM
ian_wrx
Scooby Regular

Yep you lot are right car have come on a long way and the speed limits are a joke and that's why you never hear any speed related deaths etc anymore

Cars have came on a long way just a shame people behind the wheel haven't

As I said before I do speed sometimes and i think everyone does

As the before post my 1st 3 points where doing 120mph at 2am on a motorway, the copper was very nice and I only got the 3 point if he took me to court I would of been banned and now I never go over 80