Sponsored by:

Looks like ive been had too

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2010, 12:01 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Its ok

Looks like i jumped the gun, even though no comms & delivery was thursday not monday as told last week......

anyhow glad i got the parts - will never pay as a gift again, i know that

mods feel free to delete the post

Last edited by timmyajmy93wrx; 05 August 2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04 August 2010, 12:06 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Sorry you have been had, lol at you paying paypal as a GIFT - how many more times FFS!

Is it a gift, NO it is a PURCHASE from SOMEONE who you DO NOT REALLY KNOW and you are happy to pi$$ away your financial comeback on this basis!!!

Treat it as a learning experience.

As for people 'ruining this great forum' a majority of sellers and purchasers use their common sense and do not get ripped so easily or make SN an easy target for such basic scams and gullible people who will so easily part with their cash to a complete stranger, leaving them little if any financial redress - if indeed this is a scam

Tough-love for you

Last edited by The Zohan; 04 August 2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04 August 2010, 12:08 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

hey i must be too trusting..... as mentioned, i did not know what the 'gift' implantations meant.... now i do, hence my frustration, but hey thanks for pointing it out. edit to say, i did wonder why payment was required as a gift - but in the notes of the payment i did say it was for the vents & under tray!

Yes i will treat it as a learning experience, but its a shame that people get away with this though.
Old 04 August 2010, 12:11 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by timmyajmy93wrx
hey i must be too trusting..... as mentioned, i did not know what the 'gift' implantations meant.... now i do, hence my frustration, but hey thanks for pointing it out. edit to say, i did wonder why payment was required as a gift - but in the notes of the payment i did say it was for the vents & under tray!

Yes i will treat it as a learning experience, but its a shame that people get away with this though.
I could not agree more, PP should remove this option and let the seller/buyer sort this out and close the loophole.

My initial post is not meant to be a mean one and i am sorry if you have indeed been had!
Old 04 August 2010, 12:13 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

cheers paul, but yeh i did not realise the 'gift' implications as for issues like this, now i do. Its a shame that people work like this & hope he can prove me wrong & i get my goods & a good answer for the delay.
Old 04 August 2010, 12:17 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Tell the seller that you'd rather not pay by gift, and take the hit on the charges yourself. On £45 it is pennies. If the seller isnt keen,he is obviously on the scam......
Old 04 August 2010, 12:19 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...-scammers.html

take a look and please add anything you feel needs adding.
Old 04 August 2010, 12:25 PM
PJ-STI
Scooby Regular

It's such a shame to hear that another Scooby owner has been scammed. I have bought a number of parts from members on here and had no problems but things like this is making me think twice

Very sad
Old 04 August 2010, 12:26 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...-scammers.html

take a look and please add anything you feel needs adding.
great idea - my 2 penneth added!
Old 04 August 2010, 01:21 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

https://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=107260

This chap is a new member too & only has 27 posts IMHO stay away from newbies re buying & selling. Harsh I know albeit you'll stay safe

TX.

PS. He was also online this morning at 3am ...

Last edited by Terminator X; 04 August 2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04 August 2010, 01:26 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes its worth pay cash on collection(i know its not worth travelling 60-100 miles for 40£ part(item),but after all you never be scammed),seller who don't like cash on collection(cash in hand its these times its king) its not for me truthworthy.
Old 04 August 2010, 01:41 PM
wrathchild_78
Scooby Regular

omg I just bought a few items and the seller requested that when i make the payment through paypal, mark them as "gift"!!!!

I wish i had seen this earlier.....

what can i do now?
Old 04 August 2010, 01:44 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't really say much more about the gift option that hasn't already been said. When people ask me to pay by gift, I just add the charges, so they get what they want in paypal anyway, and you have a comeback.

But, to be honest, even though he is a noob and has been oline recently, its a bit early to say you have been scammed. I'd wait at least 2 weeks myself.

Hope it gets sorted though.
Old 04 August 2010, 01:46 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrathchild_78
omg I just bought a few items and the seller requested that when i make the payment through paypal, mark them as "gift"!!!!

I wish i had seen this earlier.....

what can i do now?
Dont worry too much. Just wait, and rely on good communications from the seller, pm him if you are worried.
Old 04 August 2010, 01:51 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

not again????
Old 04 August 2010, 01:53 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
Can't really say much more about the gift option that hasn't already been said. When people ask me to pay by gift, I just add the charges, so they get what they want in paypal anyway, and you have a comeback.

But, to be honest, even though he is a noob and has been oline recently, its a bit early to say you have been scammed. I'd wait at least 2 weeks myself.

Hope it gets sorted though.
i know what your saying mate, but he did not forward a tracking number as requested & he did say i would get it monday/tuesday latest. Its not here & no comms from the guy.... to suspicious if you ask me
Old 04 August 2010, 02:07 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by timmyajmy93wrx
i know what your saying mate, but he did not forward a tracking number as requested & he did say i would get it monday/tuesday latest. Its not here & no comms from the guy.... to suspicious if you ask me
i agree,i would also be starting to get concerned.
Old 04 August 2010, 06:03 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Terminator X

This chap is a new member too & only has 27 posts IMHO stay away from newbies re buying & selling. Harsh I know albeit you'll stay safe

TX.

i understand where ure coming from regarding new members and the amount of scammers goin around

but lets not forget that members with large posts can cause lots of probs as well, https://www.scoobynet.com/823966-bra...roller-13.html
Old 04 August 2010, 06:15 PM
stibex
Scooby Regular

it make me sick im all way looking in for sale secion i was old was grea sight for this all does make over genuine sellers look bad wish people grow up
Old 04 August 2010, 06:30 PM
SteveoSTi
Scooby Regular

TX.

Hey dont bring all the new ppl to this site down with that sort of trash, some ppl here like myself have got to start somewhere. Some ppl are genuine and decent
Old 04 August 2010, 09:47 PM
aXeL
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s.allison
Hey dont bring all the new ppl to this site down with that sort of trash, some ppl here like myself have got to start somewhere. Some ppl are genuine and decent
+1 This isn't a bloody clique.

I've never sold anything but I've gradually accrued enough bits that I'll start. Don't want to see my spares get wasted by someone starting a 'Newbie Seller' stigma. That's not what this site is about...
Old 04 August 2010, 10:10 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by Tomwrx
i understand where ure coming from regarding new members and the amount of scammers goin around

but lets not forget that members with large posts can cause lots of probs as well, https://www.scoobynet.com/823966-bra...roller-13.html
Less likely though fella ^^ that thread was a nightmare though, I almost bought one

TX.
Old 04 August 2010, 10:11 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by s.allison
Peeps need to prove that they're trustworthy first

TX.
Old 04 August 2010, 10:13 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by aXeL
+1 This isn't a bloody clique.

I've never sold anything but I've gradually accrued enough bits that I'll start. Don't want to see my spares get wasted by someone starting a 'Newbie Seller' stigma. That's not what this site is about...
You carry on buying from people with a low post count & I won't

TX.
Old 04 August 2010, 10:33 PM
aXeL
Scooby Regular

Peeps need to prove that they're trustworthy first

TX.
Yes and a 'Don't buy from the Newbie Principle' enhances their seller status how? We could create a new forum section for you with a suitable name... How does 'The Ivory Tower' sound You won't need a door or stairs, we'll include a hot chick with really long hair who only puts out for seasoned Scoob owners...

Just jesting TX, I appreciate your point. Since, inevitably, existing trusted sellers are a diminishing resource, how do we replenish their ranks except from the incoming 'generation'?
Old 04 August 2010, 10:35 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

Hey guys Terminator X aint picking on all newbies, he is just pointing out that we should be more wary of buying from newbies because the scammers join to sell etc & scam. Its not personal he is just saying be more aware with new people, nothing along the lines of do not buy from them, just make sure thats all. It does make it harder for newbies but if you are genuine then you aint got nothing to worry about. Dont take it personally

Last edited by timmyajmy93wrx; 04 August 2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04 August 2010, 10:48 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

timmyajmy93wrx
Personally I don't think that you have given the seller enough time yet. An internet problem or other personal problem could be the factor here as he is only a couple of days late.

I have sold loads of stuff on here and I always ask to pay as a 'gift' to avoid charges but I do allow the buyer to pay the additional if they want.

i Trader score can be built up by newbies by allowing 'pick up' which doesn't carry many risks, but I wouldn't buy off any new member [low post count]who had no I trader feedback if items were to be posted. Too risky!
Old 04 August 2010, 10:54 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

he can have more time if he can be bothered to give me a tracking number that i have asked for or give me an explanation, but theres just nothing from him....... so a day late or 50 days, to me if he is unable to give this simple request of information then sorry its not looking very good in my eyes & he has replied since apperantly posting but did not give the dhl tracking number that i requested or even bothered with any info other than 'let me know when it arrives' he has been on since but not pm'd me back with my request for info on the matter.....this is why im annoyed about it. As mentioned before abit of communication & manners dont cost anything if you ask me
Old 05 August 2010, 11:10 AM
stibex
Scooby Regular

i total agreed if they say it going arravie i would accept 1 or 2 day late with a pm or phone call etc i think lot scam going on and put me off this site very quick