Sponsored by:

FAO MODERATORS

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2010, 10:36 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO MODERATORS

any chance we can get a sticky about what viscosity of oil to use in various models of impreza. it seems that everyday a new oil thread is started. Perhaps oilman could do us a wee article on the different oils and recommend impartially of course what is best. perhaps it could go into the FAQ sticky.
Old 29 July 2010, 11:14 AM
Marquis of Carrabas
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good idea but don't expect a swift response, if on the other hand you were selling something without being an authorised advertiser...........
Old 29 July 2010, 11:36 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sinky - contact Kieran Burns.
He'll approach the powers that ultimately say yay or nay.
Old 29 July 2010, 11:51 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll raise this with the other mods/admin and see what they say. It's a good idea imo.
Old 29 July 2010, 12:07 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

If someone is willing to put the time in to make a factually correct article it won't do no harm.

It should however, for full impartiality also contain Subaru's own viscosity recommendations - found in the relevent owner's manual for each model year/spec car (which as we know varies between model years).

I feel that must be included just on the pretence that we don't want someone posting up their engine blew up because they followed the article and later found it to be contrary Subaru's recommendations (for example 10w-60 oil, which I know Simon (oilman) also does not recommend, but many other people use and recommend it ).

Also, may I direct people to the tech topics archive: https://www.scoobynet.com/technical-topics-archive-427/

Where workshop manuals for most model years can be found and downloaded in .pdf form for free, of which contain the relevent oil specifications (usually fournd in the "recommended materials" or servicing/maintenance sections of the .pdf file). Which can be found here: https://www.scoobynet.com/technical-...d-updated.html (credit to slipstream_uk )

Last edited by ALi-B; 29 July 2010 at 12:30 PM.