Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

assigning registration/road tax query....

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2010, 03:28 PM
Hurley1611
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default assigning registration/road tax query....

Right, want to assign my plate to the scoob now i have recieved the v5 etc but the problem i now face is the tax is due at the end of the month, so if i send it off to be processed how will the tax work?

Should i tax it before i send it off? as they only need a photocopy of the disc.

Or would i be better going to northampton/birmingham and sorting it out in person? only thing is i dont know when i will have the time.

as usual any help would be appreciated
Old 16 July 2010, 04:34 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did mine a couple of days after I bought it. I just went down to the DVLA, filled out some forms, handed over log books and MOT's along with £80 and waited. New Tax discs and change over certificates arrived within the week and the Log books came back 3 weeks later. Very easy
Old 16 July 2010, 05:25 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

as long as its taxed they will change it for you, just sign the form and send it off with the mot certificate. they send a new tax disc in the post with the reg doc, just destroy your old tax disc. if you want to tax at the same time you have to send proof of insurance as well iirc. just put mine back on last week. hth j