Sponsored by:

are these headers and up pipe any good? and is this hks a fake

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2010, 12:45 AM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default are these headers and up pipe any good? and is this hks a fake

On fleabay there is a listing for headers and up pipe for the twin scroll sti 8.
Are these any good? also there are listings for a new hks ssqv bov which is black limited edition. did hks do a black one or is it a fake?
160452580498 item number for headers and 120590445651 for hks bov.
please could you give me your opinions on these thanks.
Old 06 July 2010, 01:22 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Standard headers are better tbh, just get them ported and then have a remap

Tony
Old 06 July 2010, 01:25 AM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The exhaust manifolds look like the same far eastern, mass-produced stuff sold by countless other eBay shops. And I would avoid them on principle given the listing. They clearly won't fit a UK car despite being advertised as doing so, and they clearly won't "retain the scooby burble" or whatever it is that's said. Subaru twinscroll bits likely to be better in most circumstances.

Re. the dumpvalve, it's not really worth stating the obvious, is it? If you're still on a MAF based ECU, it doesn't matter what colour the DV is.

Last edited by Splitpin; 06 July 2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06 July 2010, 12:03 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

the car they are going on will be a JDM STI 2003 blob eye. i have since purchased a roger clark downpipe, centre pipe and team ice back box (very loud) all 3" and the headers and up pipe from roger clark are £581 and i won the headers and up pipe off ebay for £82 and comes with a six month guarantee ad for £82 if they do the job then a bargain. re the dump valve i think i will be running mafless as i am saving up for a syveks ecu with a remap and a billet turbo from scoobyclinic. doesnt really answer my question with the dump valve is it a fake as i am going front mount and toyed with the idea of the adaptor plate utilising my existing standard dump valve and as i won the hks for £59 i am open to opinions and just sell them back on...would it be worth spending 581 for roger clark headers when these will do the job and the 500 i saved can go towards my turbo and syveks ecu what do you think?
Old 06 July 2010, 12:08 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think you can go mafless with std jdm ecu with the group n rom. Saves buying ecu. But don't think you needed to buy any headers at all as std jdm ones are very good,
Old 06 July 2010, 01:21 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

whats a group n rom? i am upping the power aiming for over 400bhp hence the reason for the billet turbo and solaris i am saving for, the reason i am changing the headers is one of the studs keeps spinning round and keeps working loose and blowing so they need to come off to be tapped and a new thread and stud fitting,. so i may as well fit new headers at the same time.
i have been buying parts for months and its £550 for an ecutek remap and with the solaris yo get a free map. so i would rather spend the extra 1k and get the ecu i want.