Sponsored by:

Brilliant driver training...

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2010, 09:28 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brilliant driver training...

...just wanted to share a great experience that I had today. For the price of a very modest mod I have made all my cars quicker!

I spent the day at Teeside with Andy McKenna. It is a short track (around a mile) but has a series of very technical corners so lots of learning opportunities. We were the only car on track and so we had lots of time in the car, one on one. With Andy demonstrating in my car then me driving and learning. Then Andy driving again to refine what I was doing. In the afternoon we walked a number of the corners and discussed how to get the best line, braking and gear change points - not to tell me what was right but to work on the problem together so I could decide the best lines. Then again out to try it.

A short track and a lots of time meant we could focus on one corner for five laps, check the times and then go out again.

Absolutely brilliant day out and lots learned.

When we started I was at around 59s per lap. Not a bad pace. By the end of the morning we had got into the high 55s which Andy felt was right on the pace for a road car on non-trick tyres. By the afternoon I was getting 54.5s laps with the car feeling very comfortable.

Over the day we did corner work, heel-toe and left foot braking. The latter making at least 1s per lap.

Overall a fantastic day that I cannot recommend enough - and for the training and track hire it was £345 all in.

I know this is a bit of a plug - but it was a fantastic day out - you can contact Andy via his Ice Drive business

Ice Driver