Help - how can this be fixed

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2010, 05:52 PM
Cockney Wideboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - how can this be fixed

Hi Guys,

Someone has opened their car door onto my car, they owned up to it and have offered to pay for it to repaired.....of all places this happened on my driveway.....they had 5M + of space but choose to get within 3 foot of my car

as you can see its creased the corner of the rear by the door....not only has it dented it but it has also creased and cracked the paint on the inside of the door so it needs fixing else it will rust.

I'm trying to stay calm as it was an accident but I’m raging inside as this is the first dent or mark on my car other than the stone chipped front bumper.

I don't think it will be possible to straighten from there as it’s on the corner so is it going need to be replaced and resprayed??....I don't want filler.
Old 05 July 2010, 06:15 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

Just get a written Quote from Subaru then give it to the third party, You would be surprised what they can do with filler, its not a problem and you would never be able to tell.
Old 05 July 2010, 08:23 PM
Cockney Wideboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by greatgonzo
Just get a written Quote from Subaru then give it to the third party, You would be surprised what they can do with filler, its not a problem and you would never be able to tell.
I'm not going to start getting inflated quotes and then get it done cheaper to make a bit of cash, unfortunately I’m a bit to honest for my own good some times (not that it’s a bad thing really).

I just really don't want a half hearted repair, unfortunately I am a little **** about my car and take great pride in the fact that I have got a 7 year old car with not a single dent or scratch, other than stone chips. so I just want it back to how it was when I left it outside my house safely tucked away on the drive (well I thought it was safe) but due to a lazy person wanting to use my drive to save working 3 yards extra it’s not got a war wound .
Most probably wouldn’t bother repairing it but I’m a little to obsessed with my car and you would not believe the lengths I go to keep it in an A1 condition.

Main thing I’m after it just a second opinion on whether to repair properly it will need a new wing or can in be put straight and re sprayed? and what sort of price will I get quoted??

Also to make matters worse my car has got full Rally Decals which means I will also need to get a lot of them replaced which will then mean the car will look odd as some of the stickers will be new and shiny and that will bug the hell out of me (see I said I was **** about my car)
Old 05 July 2010, 08:31 PM
super_ted
Scooby Regular

Any good body shop will be able to sort that for you mate, no problem. Might be a good excuse to ditch the rally decals too??
Old 05 July 2010, 08:35 PM
sy.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cockney Wideboy
I'm not going to start getting inflated quotes and then get it done cheaper to make a bit of cash, unfortunately I’m a bit to honest for my own good some times (not that it’s a bad thing really).

I just really don't want a half hearted repair, unfortunately I am a little **** about my car and take great pride in the fact that I have got a 7 year old car with not a single dent or scratch, other than stone chips. so I just want it back to how it was when I left it outside my house safely tucked away on the drive (well I thought it was safe) but due to a lazy person wanting to use my drive to save working 3 yards extra it’s not got a war wound .
Most probably wouldn’t bother repairing it but I’m a little to obsessed with my car and you would not believe the lengths I go to keep it in an A1 condition.

Main thing I’m after it just a second opinion on whether to repair properly it will need a new wing or can in be put straight and re sprayed? and what sort of price will I get quoted??

Also to make matters worse my car has got full Rally Decals which means I will also need to get a lot of them replaced which will then mean the car will look odd as some of the stickers will be new and shiny and that will bug the hell out of me (see I said I was **** about my car)
The post above said take it to subaru then give the quote to the person to blame and not to worry once repaired you would not be able to tell nothing about ripping off quotes read it again if i was you !!!!!!
Old 05 July 2010, 08:44 PM
Cockney Wideboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sy.
The post above said take it to subaru then give the quote to the person to blame and not to worry once repaired you would not be able to tell nothing about ripping off quotes read it again if i was you !!!!!!
Sorry, my mistake, I’m at work at the minute so only read it quickly a banged a reply out without reading back what I quoted. Apologies if any offence was cause.

I read the "third Party" as "another garage" don't ask why the upset of it all is obviously too much
Old 05 July 2010, 08:46 PM
Cockney Wideboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by super_ted
Any good body shop will be able to sort that for you mate, no problem. Might be a good excuse to ditch the rally decals too??
I have thought about it a few times, but i just keep thinking it wouldn't be my car without the decals......but perhaps its time to grow up.....i don't know...never bloody straight forward is it.
Old 05 July 2010, 09:09 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i think you`ll struggle to get it repaired without filler, replacing the whole section would be £££ and im guessing the neigbour would pull out of paying cash and then say go thru my insurance who will then write it off if you gave them the subaru quote for such a small minor damage

most garages will fill it ( a good job is just as good as metal)

good luck
Old 05 July 2010, 09:55 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

No offence taken as said above Subaru will tell you the correct way to have the car repaired, I very much doubt you would have to have new panels it looks like a very simple fill and spray job, try not to worry about it once its been done by Subaru you wont be able to tell and all will be good again.
Old 05 July 2010, 10:02 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in my garage we'd pin pull the dent first so only aslight skim of filler is used to make the area completly flat them prime and paint mate simple fix as repairs go.
Old 05 July 2010, 10:16 PM
webbo34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cockney Wideboy
I have thought about it a few times, but i just keep thinking it wouldn't be my car without the decals......but perhaps its time to grow up.....i don't know...never bloody straight forward is it.
Dont ditch the graphics ! just because of a few on here who dont like them