Sponsored by:

Northants Police Safety Camera locations

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2001, 08:40 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Want to know where the elusive mobile speed camera vans are going to be in Northants?
Old 08 March 2001, 10:27 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

Neil,

i am _sooooooo_ tempted to drive along those roads and video the camera vans. Better still, can we get the BBC to do this for us (Top Gear, Watchdog, Mark Thomas) to show the blatant revenue generation (er, sorry, massive reduction in fatal accidents) that this causes

Maybe someone should drive past at 59.9999mph, pissed, in a car with bald tyres, not wearing glasses, with stolen goods in the boot, knackered brakes, and smile when they DON'T GET STOPPED!!!!!!!

mb
Old 08 March 2001, 11:53 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

Well according to their web-site

Saturday, 10 March

and

Synday, 11 March

have NO Safety vans whatsoever, so these must be the safest days to drive.

But hey don't forget, according to NH Police...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Q:Why do you need to carry out speed enforcement when other things make driving dangerous?

A: Inappropriate or excessive speed accounts for one third of all serious or fatal collisions. It is the single biggest causation factor. We are encouraging motorists to THINK! about their driving behaviour in an attempt to make our roads safer for all road users.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09 March 2001, 08:06 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Angry

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>
<B>Q:Why do you need to carry out speed enforcement when other things make driving dangerous?

A: Inappropriate or excessive speed accounts for one third of all serious or fatal collisions. It is the single biggest causation factor. We are encouraging motorists to THINK! about their driving behavior in an attempt to make our roads safer for all road users.[/quote]

Well he has just contradicted himself there - he says that speed is the major causation factor but then urges people to <B>THINK</B> about their driving. This is exactly what we have been harping on about - THINK about you driving does not necessarily equal SLOW DOWN now does it? It means, pay attention, drive properly and drive at an appropriate speed - regardless of what the speed limit is!!!!

Matt.
Old 09 March 2001, 09:51 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

That site states that the vans are clearly visible.
My @rse they are. I see them in laybys with the rear smoked doors closed and not a sign anywhere. They look like a white man van parked up and having a snooze.
The only time it is obvious what they are doing is when they are on bridges over the A14, as they have "Traffic Safety Film" down the sides.
I have written to them to ask how they make themselves "clearly visible" from the back. They should be liveried up as per a normal cop car.

Next time I see one I shall park right up its @rse and see what happens.
Old 09 March 2001, 12:31 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Angry

<B>"Inappropriate or excessive speed....blah blah blah...."</B>

Yeh, that's just the point...you don't have to break the speed limit to be using inappropriate speed.

Likewise, exceeding the speed limit doesn't immeidately mean that the speed you are doing is inappropriate for the conditions.

Once again the "speed kills" message is used as a front for creating revenue.

[This message has been edited by DaveD (edited 09 March 2001).]