Sponsored by:

advice on laws

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2010, 05:27 PM
spesh_SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry advice on laws

i know this is a strange request but really need the scooby nation to help me fight a di=k.

i have a wrx 02 and only had it 3 weeks, then engine light came on aso i toook it to my mate who ownes a garage. he looked at the fault codes and it came back as cycliner 2 +3 missing. also found the car to have a cold start knocking. he said it is the bottem end on the way out. he checked the dip stick and small bits of metal where found.

i rang the garage where i got the car from and he said that all cars have problems. i explained that the bottem end was shot and in not so many words wanted my money back.

he siad for me to take it up to him and he will look at it.

i think he is trin to let it drag onto the 4 weeks so its my fault.

any help or advice would be welcome.

the trip to his garage from where i got it from is about 200 miles away>
Old 16 June 2010, 05:47 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spesh_SCOOBY
i know this is a strange request but really need the scooby nation to help me fight a di=k.

i have a wrx 02 and only had it 3 weeks, then engine light came on aso i toook it to my mate who ownes a garage. he looked at the fault codes and it came back as cycliner 2 +3 missing. also found the car to have a cold start knocking. he said it is the bottem end on the way out. he checked the dip stick and small bits of metal where found.

i rang the garage where i got the car from and he said that all cars have problems. i explained that the bottem end was shot and in not so many words wanted my money back.

he siad for me to take it up to him and he will look at it.

i think he is trin to let it drag onto the 4 weeks so its my fault.

any help or advice would be welcome.

the trip to his garage from where i got it from is about 200 miles away>
put it in general technical listing what you have learned today someone with more tech advise will help you
Old 16 June 2010, 06:11 PM
CrispyK
Scooby Regular

In the words of trading standards

If a car is faulty, the buyer has up to six months after date of purchase in which to reject the vehicle. You can demand a repair or a replacement, unless a replacement would cause "disproportionate or significant inconvenience" to the dealer - such as when a repair might be just as good/effective as a replacement or if the defect is minor - then a price reduction may be more appropriate.
The dealer has to prove the car was of satisfactory quality when sold, so there is no need for an independent car inspection. Put your concerns in writing to the dealer and give any additional evidence to support the problems.
Old 16 June 2010, 06:13 PM
CrispyK
Scooby Regular

if your not happy with the garages response you will have to write to T and S
Old 16 June 2010, 06:20 PM
lsm
Scooby Regular

i went through this kind of problem only 5 months ago .... got a car from a dealer 180 miles away, and after 2 weeks the gearbox started whining and the dual mass started banging, he said it was down to wear and tear and the warranty didnt cover it, i called trading standards and they asked year and milage of car and said it can be classed as wear and tear (4yr old car with 80k diesel) but i shud chase the dealer more ... so after a letter and request for refund, and me taking it to a garage of his choice local to me, who found £3000 worth of problems lol ... i had to take the car back to the dealer and he gave me a refund. the dealer will try all sorts of **** with you but call trading standards and they will advise. Hope this helps mate and all the best.
Old 16 June 2010, 07:01 PM
spesh_SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

thank you ism i will call them tommorrow. he said he will look at it when i take it up to him. but i will have to spend money on transporting it up there.

would like money back because bottem end is going.

my brother and my garage mate both know people in law and r finding out my best ways around the problem