Sponsored by:

clutch needed for my97 wagon uk turbo

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2010, 07:16 PM
girdermonkey84
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch needed for my97 wagon uk turbo

cash waiting,also does anybody know what sort of money ill be paying to have it fitted?im very new to owning one of these wonderful machines,proving very expensive so far but sooo worth it many thanks guys chris
Old 14 June 2010, 07:33 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by girdermonkey84
cash waiting,also does anybody know what sort of money ill be paying to have it fitted?im very new to owning one of these wonderful machines,proving very expensive so far but sooo worth it many thanks guys chris
im also lookin at clutches so far the standard exedy clutch lookin good far better than the standard subaru clutch ! and euro car parts sell them for for under 200 quid ! not sure how much to fit as mine being fitted whilst havin a re-built engine . i suppose it depends what u want from ur clutch if ur car standard power or only slightly tuned exedy would be fine at a bargain price as long as u not launching too often eh

Last edited by initialD; 14 June 2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 14 June 2010, 07:40 PM
girdermonkey84
Scooby Regular

yea got standard power pretty much,seen a few of them on ebay seem pretty reasonable prices just looking for a bargain really every penny i save means buying extra goodies just spent 500 notes getting new rad,water pump,crank seal and brakes sorted.oh and 250 on some new wheels,driving the missus up the wall but she just dont understand ^^lol
Old 14 June 2010, 08:09 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

yea got standard power pretty much,seen a few of them on ebay seem pretty reasonable prices just looking for a bargain really every penny i save means buying extra goodies just spent 500 notes getting new rad,water pump,crank seal and brakes sorted.oh and 250 on some new wheels,driving the missus up the wall but she just dont understand ^^lol
nah girls dont mines tha same lol
mate ive had my bug eye for 6 months and only done a month worth of driving due to piston failure !i spent 2 grand upgrading the turbo and it wernt even the cause of the problem now i have to pay for rebuild 1700 ,clutch 200,and a few upgrades while im at it sooooooooooo expensive
Old 14 June 2010, 08:19 PM
girdermonkey84
Scooby Regular

OMG!! lol thought i had some bad luck! no wonder your missus aint happy these cars are just so addictive money just starts to seem like no object,at the mo seems like one thing after the other!hopefully cambelt and clutch will be the last for a while might just get a complete service after that and see how i go,start on the outside then everyone seems pretty friendly on here didnt realise there was such a big subaru community,also get a fair few hands put up when i pass other scooby drivers,its great being part of the club
Old 14 June 2010, 08:29 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

OMG!! lol thought i had some bad luck! no wonder your missus aint happy these cars are just so addictive money just starts to seem like no object,at the mo seems like one thing after the other!hopefully cambelt and clutch will be the last for a while might just get a complete service after that and see how i go,start on the outside then everyone seems pretty friendly on here didnt realise there was such a big subaru community,also get a fair few hands put up when i pass other scooby drivers,its great being part of the club
i know its mad ive only been on this forum for 2 days not quite sure what im doin yet haha but ive had so much help from this lot already i was askin questions about my remap i had done not long ago and the bloke who mapped my car was the first person to answer my question !!!! he didnt even know it was me until i told him wots tha chances ! but yeah wen workin they are sick i should have about 340-350bhp when i finally get mine done gettin really impatient want it NOW
Old 14 June 2010, 08:41 PM
girdermonkey84
Scooby Regular

same as me mate,only just worked out how to post properly is kinda nice being part of the subaru world though,thats sweet power!mines standard so about 215 bhp?i think,like a baby compared to yours but still puts a smile on my face every time i get in there^^ when i get her all sorted might take the plunge and get a newer one.maybe a blobeye they seem pretty reasonable for the money and missus likes that shape,ours is "an old car" according to her!she sees right past the "classic" part lol bet your itching now then!mine was onlygone 4 days but seemed like a lifetime! youl have to let me know how you get on mate