Sponsored by:

where is the speedsensor located

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2010, 01:55 PM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is the speedsensor located

hi,,,,, i now have no speedo reading and as a result i have the car in limp home mode with a MINT 4500 rpm rev limit,,,,,, that was well nice to have at the chelsea cruise last night pmsl

anyway i need to know where to find the speed sensor,,,,, also the speedo delimiter/MPH converter aswell just incase thats what has failed

ironic part of this,,,, i let my mate drive the car and he was too scared to boot it incase he broke the car,,,,,, and the speedo stoped working with him at the wheel pmsl he didnt even drive it past 4000rpm,,,,,,,, the death i have given it means you gotta laugh pmsl

ive just changed the gearbox less than 150 miles ago so other hints to look at would be nice too
Old 30 May 2010, 02:20 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

almost 4 certain the speedo drive unit that sticks up out the gearbox , ime on my 3rd in 5 years of ownership/ the coiled wire inside snaps off the cable driver inside. buy new is my recomendation and yes uk spec fits i was told by subaru dealer the early ones are all the same
Old 30 May 2010, 02:55 PM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

is that the cable type thing that clips into a black box and screws into the gearbox ?

ive been trying to work out where the speedo feed is from and what the cable part thingy is if theres a seperate magnetic speedo sensor in the box too which searching the net seems to recomend
Old 30 May 2010, 03:08 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

you'll get a much better response in the technical sections....
Old 30 May 2010, 03:16 PM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

i couldnt think where to put it tbh as its not really technical as such,,,,, just asking for location of the sensors as i know what the fault is if that makes sence

its not really drivetrain question,,,,, its not that technical IMO hence me posting in general

though ill admit on passionford we just tend to post it anywhere and the modes are nice enough to relocate and enjoy doing it,,,,,, ok maybe not the last part pmsl
Old 30 May 2010, 03:35 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the bottom part that screws into the gearbox is the part that breaks ,it looks like a metal banana / when the dashboard registers no speed the car will go into limp home mode . the speedo cable is unlikly to be broken. the speedo driver unscrews with a 17 or 19mm spanner but it is a bit of a **** to do . up on ramps from underneath is the easiest way