Sponsored by:

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2010, 07:12 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What to do?

Evening all I find myself in a quandry, I currently have a Classic Turbo 2000 with 300bhp and dont know what to do next would like 350bhp from my Classic (BECAUSE I LOVE HER) but not sure what other mods to get to achive this I currently have a straight through exhaust with sports cat down pipe,fuel pump and regulator,VF34 turbo,Ngk plugs K&N Airfilter and a e2 Boost controller, would a tmic or fmic and upgraded injectors (which ones and where to get them from) also wrapped headers and up and down pipe with a remap achive something close to the 350 figure if so any ideas on how much this would cost or do I just by a STI and start again latter being the last resort.Help please guys thanks in advance
Old 29 May 2010, 07:41 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The VF34 is probably capable of 350 to 360 bhp with all the supporting mods done.
To get there you are beyond the reach of 440 injectors so you need 550s but to achieve your 350 bhp target you need all the supporting mods. The sports cat is already costing you power regardless of what the glossy adverts say so decide whether you are sticking with that. Around 350 on a Classic you are around the area where the OE air box becomes a constriction and you are beyond the point where you need a front mount intercooler as your top mount cannot cope and I guess if you fit an ACT guage you will see temperatures in excess of 70C in the sprint from zero to 100 mph.
Ported headers and matched uppipe will help in your goal and greatly add to the torque.
As to cost, a lot will depend on whether you go for new or second hand injectors and if you stick with the sports cat.
If you want prices for bits such as front mount £270 and fitting for £185. Ported headers and matched uppipe DEI heat wrapped £369 and fitted for £75 but a lot will depend on how you want to go about it and factor in a remap.
Old 29 May 2010, 07:55 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beware of braking, clutch, gearbox and suspension issues if your car is significantly quicker....

dunx