Service History Question

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2010, 08:47 AM
feckers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service History Question

Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding service history. Is there any way you can call up Subaru, providing the details of your car so that they may give you the details of the dealer/garage who sold the car?

This is in order to try and get the service book stamped up as the original was lost before purchase. Contacting previous owner to find out is not an option.

Thanks for any info guys.
Old 14 May 2010, 08:56 AM
M4RKG
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could contact subaru to get details of the dealer/garage that sold the car originally (obviously aslong as its a UK version)... but that wouldnt prove that the car has a full Subaru history though???? So I dont think they'd be prepared to stamp service books without other proof of servicing

Last edited by M4RKG; 14 May 2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 14 May 2010, 09:01 AM
feckers
Scooby Regular

I just want Subaru to provide me with the details of the Dealer/Garage. Then I can contact them and they can look up for me if the car was brought back to them and serviced under warranty etc... I've already found one garage who did some servicing on the car and they're happy to stamp the book up for me when they checked up the history of it on their system.

I'm assuming the Dealer who sold the car should have no problems doing the same, even if its only to fill in their own details to say where the car was supplied from etc...

So then anyone got any numbers, e-mail address etc... of where I should be contacting?
Old 14 May 2010, 09:06 AM
M4RKG
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assume all Subaru main dealers will have a main system which holds all details, so your local one might be a start, just giving them the reg
Old 14 May 2010, 09:47 AM
Jon H
Scooby Regular

Go to local Subaru garage and sweet talk someone there to share service records using the reg number. I managed to get printouts of warranty work done and info on services.
Jon
Old 14 May 2010, 10:08 AM
feckers
Scooby Regular

Just called Subaru UK on 0121 747 4000, helpful gent on the phone took my VIN number and gave me the original Dealer details.

Turns out the dealer is the place I was previously in contact with regarding some previous servicing (they had one of their stickers left in the car telling when next service was due).

I'm going to get back in touch with them and see if they can provide any more stamps, other than the service they done at 36,000 miles as surely they could stamp up the supplier section as well for me. Seems strange as to why they don't have earlier service records on file, as i'm sure if the previous owner took it back to their main dealer and original supplier for a service at 36,000 miles then you would naturally assume they have had all their servicing done there, no?