Just fitted a forge dv

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2010, 03:20 PM
D-Scoob02
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just fitted a forge dv

Hi guys

I've just fitted a Forge dump valve on my 02 wrx, but I've noticed that the adapter for the small hose (normally situated on the right side) is at the bottom of the dv and is pointing downwards. Anyway, I went ahead and fitted anyway, but the hose is now touching the manifold. Would this create and complications (ie melting of the hose) or is there a way to adjust the dv so that the adapter part points to the right like the standard valve?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks
D
Old 09 May 2010, 05:53 PM
NEILB1
Scooby Regular

what make is it if it is a bailey DV and you are on about the plastic pipe on the end just unscrew it 90 degree
Old 09 May 2010, 06:05 PM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

if its for facelift it will be diamond shaped an newage are like a kite shape so u could be losing power here
Old 10 May 2010, 07:24 AM
D-Scoob02
Scooby Newbie

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. It's a Forge dump valve (FMDVSUB01), and is a kite shape. But the part I'm on about is the top part of the dv where the small hose connects to.

The picture above shows this as pointing to the right, which is what it should look like, the one that I have is pointing downwards. There are six screws on the top there so I was thinking of just unscrewing them and try adjusting it 90 degrees. What I don't want to do is bugger it up. Not sure whether theres a spring inside or not?

Any ideas?

Thanks

D
Old 10 May 2010, 03:58 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dead easy mate ,just unscrew the 6 allen key bolts and rotate the top to your desired angle.The part no you quoted is for your car ,i believe there are 2 springs a top & a bottom should take you 5 mins tops
Old 12 May 2010, 07:24 AM
D-Scoob02
Scooby Newbie

Hey Midnight
Thanks for the reply. It litterally only took me 5 mins to do. After testing, I'm thinking of getting a loader one now.....

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated...

HKS or Blitz??

Thanks

D
Old 12 May 2010, 08:54 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

I know the HKS ones are very popular,but personally i dont like the chirp sound they make,i have a blitz one,and is plenty loud enough when lifting off,and is adjustable & also one of the only bov's that comes with a seperate filter so you can actually change the sound the bov makes.
I would also like to say if you are thinking of spending £200+ on a dumpvalve,then i think they are a waste of money and there are much more usefull items that can benefit your car rather than a bov.Checkout ebay or pistonheads or some scoob forums for some real bargains, ie: checkout the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Blitz-dump-val...item414f376d68

These sell for around £220,for that i managed to buy a brand new decat dp,centre section,& afterburner vortex for the same money as a dump valve just by looking on various forums.
Old 23 May 2010, 10:53 AM
D-Scoob02
Scooby Newbie

Hey Midnight

Thanks for the advice. I am thinking of getting an exhaust system, but I'm not keen on it being too loud (Neighbours from hell lol). Would you know of any ones that are quiet, without compromising performance?

Many Thanks

D
Old 23 May 2010, 11:53 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

"Would you know of any ones that are quiet, without compromising performance?"
Afterburner racebox or Prodrive systems are probably the best for low-noise and high-performance. It's always a bit of a compromise though, and obviously the more sound-deadening/baffling a manufacturer adds, the bigger and heavier the exhaust tends to be.
Old 23 May 2010, 04:32 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

It all depends on what you want : if you pick up an afterburner vortex you will notice it is quite light compared to many other backboxes,this is because it has a spiral baffle and is very free flowing,so with that comes the noise. The prodrive backbox is heavier due to the baffles and the layout of the pipework and is just an upgrade to your std pea shooter exhaust.The racebox or scoobysport backboxes are 2 popular examples,both quite discreet with a low rumble and a a nicr bassy roar as the revs rise.

You have pm
Old 23 May 2010, 04:39 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Revolution exhausts are very quiet and neighbour friendly........the 3"s good for 400 plus LOL

Shaun