Sponsored by:

Free Impreza Upgrades From Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2010, 09:55 PM
paulbu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Impreza Upgrades From Subaru

Subaru UK have announced that the Impreza WRX and WRX STi models will receive a new Prodrive Performance Pack valued £3200 for nothing, zero, zilch, nada. The package includes: a tweaked ECU and high-flow sports exhaust and 18-inch alloy wheels.
With these updates the WRX delivers a total of 265HP and 390Nm of torque, and the STI a total of 330HP and 470Nm of torque.

From April Subaru’s highly acclaimed Impreza WRX and STI Type UKwill be offered with complimentary optional upgrades worth over £3,200 at participating dealers. The free items include the Prodrive Performance Pack, which further improves acceleration, and stylish new 18-inch alloy wheels and tyres.

The Performance Packs, developed in conjunction with Banbury-based tuning experts, Prodrive, adds a reconfigured ECU and high-flow sports exhaust to the Impreza’s already impressive performance arsenal. The 18-inch alloy wheels, meanwhile, give the car a more aggressive, purposeful stance and improve handling and grip.

As if the prospect of this extra equipment wasn’t tantalising enough, the Japanese firm has reduced the retail price of the All-Wheel drive WRX by £95.

Subaru UK Marketing Director, Kenyon Neads, said: "With this offer we’ve added even more value into the Impreza equation. The WRX and STI are performance-car icons with a seriously loyal following and we hope that the prospect of these free upgrades will broaden their appeal still further."

Times must be hard.
Old 02 May 2010, 10:10 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

I've just bought one.
Old 02 May 2010, 10:27 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're about 3 weeks late with the news

I'm tempted myself ... but, they are struggling to sell ...
Old 02 May 2010, 10:56 PM
VinceW
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by pslewis
You're about 3 weeks late with the news

I'm tempted myself ... but, they are struggling to sell ...
Yawn
Old 02 May 2010, 10:58 PM
paulbu
Scooby Regular

PSL
I suspected that this may have been covered previously on here, but I've been abroad for three weeks (a week longer than anticipated).

Oldsplice
Which model did you buy ?
Old 02 May 2010, 11:01 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

The WRX is being discontinued which is no surprise but they did anounce that already some time ago, and the PPP still wouldn't be enough for me to buy one, however that looks like a great option on the Sti which means that for considerably less than the price of a 330 you get the same power. That should help shift a few.

Last edited by scoobiewrx555; 02 May 2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03 May 2010, 12:27 AM
VinceW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobiewrx555
The WRX is being discontinued which is no surprise but they did anounce that already some time ago, and the PPP still wouldn't be enough for me to buy one, however that looks like a great option on the Sti which means that for considerably less than the price of a 330 you get the same power. That should help shift a few.
This was always the case as you could buy the STI and have the option of the 330 upgrade for £1600 which was considerably less than the £31k for the 330S, Until recently they were doing the 330 upgrade for £800 (half price). You didn't get the other goodies of the 330s though, i.e DVD sat nav, full leather recaros, 18 inch alloys etc
Old 03 May 2010, 10:07 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

And with the Saloon coming here - people are waiting ......
Old 03 May 2010, 10:18 AM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

The saloon is USA only isn't it??
Old 03 May 2010, 10:32 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Well, that's what I thought ..... but, speaking to the dealer he says that the WRX is finished in the Uk and the Saloon will be coming over in STi only.

Now, we all know they speak with forked tongue and they want to clear the airfield of the WRX slim bodied hatchbacks .... so, it could be that they don't want to state the WRX wide body will be here in late summer - killing WRX sales even further?

Who knows ..... but, my guess would be that the Saloon WRX STi will be here late summer.
Old 03 May 2010, 10:38 AM
paulbu
Scooby Regular

Now that the STi is being shipped out with 330BHP, Subaru should give those who have already bought the WRXS a free full PPP upgrade instead of the half baked one Prodrive supplied to prevent the WRXS from out-performing Subaru's flagship model.

Last edited by paulbu; 03 May 2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03 May 2010, 10:58 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulbu
PSL
I suspected that this may have been covered previously on here, but I've been abroad for three weeks (a week longer than anticipated).

Oldsplice
Which model did you buy ?

Errrrr............a black one!

Actually, it's a WRX 2.5 with the ppp. And heated wing mirrors!
Old 03 May 2010, 12:18 PM
paulbu
Scooby Regular

Oldsplice
What are the specified BHP and torque figures after the PPP upgrade ?
Old 03 May 2010, 12:34 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

265 bhp and 390 torque........apparently. Just don't ask me where the bonnet catch is!

I'm really going to miss my Classic.
Old 03 May 2010, 01:47 PM
paulbu
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that, Oldsplice. Torque figure same as WRXS but power is up by 14 BHP on same car. With the 110 Kgm advantage, your car should just see off a 295 BHP STi hatch in the dash to 100 mph. Not bad for around £18k.
Old 03 May 2010, 02:13 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that, Oldsplice. Torque figure same as WRXS but power is up by 14 BHP on same car. With the 110 Kgm advantage, your car should just see off a 295 BHP STi hatch in the dash to 100 mph. Not bad for around £18k.

And with a free pair of carpet mats!
Old 03 May 2010, 02:48 PM
CaptainJohn
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subaru UK have announced that the Impreza WRX and WRX STi models will receive a new Prodrive Performance Pack valued £3200 for nothing, zero, zilch, nada. The package includes: a tweaked ECU and high-flow sports exhaust and 18-inch alloy wheels.
With these updates the WRX delivers a total of 265HP and 390Nm of torque, and the STI a total of 330HP and 470Nm of torque.

From April Subaru’s highly acclaimed Impreza WRX and STI Type UKwill be offered with complimentary optional upgrades worth over £3,200 at participating dealers. The free items include the Prodrive Performance Pack, which further improves acceleration, and stylish new 18-inch alloy wheels and tyres.

The Performance Packs, developed in conjunction with Banbury-based tuning experts, Prodrive, adds a reconfigured ECU and high-flow sports exhaust to the Impreza’s already impressive performance arsenal. The 18-inch alloy wheels, meanwhile, give the car a more aggressive, purposeful stance and improve handling and grip.

As if the prospect of this extra equipment wasn’t tantalising enough, the Japanese firm has reduced the retail price of the All-Wheel drive WRX by £95.

Subaru UK Marketing Director, Kenyon Neads, said: "With this offer we’ve added even more value into the Impreza equation. The WRX and STI are performance-car icons with a seriously loyal following and we hope that the prospect of these free upgrades will broaden their appeal still further."

Times must be hard.
I think you`ll find its because Prodrive will be ending their long link up with Subaru from 2011 when Cosworth will be taking over .

Its a stock clearance , everything must go sort of thing. Prodrive will be running a WRC team for Mini in 2011 and maybe VW aswell. The Subaru parts bin must be emptied and it starts with an auction at Prodrive next weekend at the P1 gathering. PPP will soon be a thing of the past. Look out for Cosworth tuning packages for Subarus very soon.

http://www.prodrive.com/level2.html?id=78

Last edited by CaptainJohn; 03 May 2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Add link for auction
Old 03 May 2010, 02:52 PM
CaptainJohn
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a look here :

http://www.subaru-global.com/special...wrx/index.html

Saloon only for the UK from 2011. I was told recently there are 40ish Hatchback STi`s left in the UK hub (mainly in silver ) and 150 odd WRX` s . I believe the UK are getting both STI and WRX.
Old 03 May 2010, 09:01 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldsplice
And with a free pair of carpet mats!
You didn't tell me that!!!!

Damn, I feel cheated now agreeing to £17,000 with no mats!

When is pick-up?

Last edited by pslewis; 03 May 2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04 May 2010, 09:12 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

You didn't tell me that!!!!

Damn, I feel cheated now agreeing to £17,000 with no mats!

When is pick-up?

You wuz robbed!

Thursday.
Old 04 May 2010, 09:26 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobiewrx555
Yes, but as said you don't get any of the other good things especially the "330S" name.
Old 04 May 2010, 09:29 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CaptainJohn
I was told recently there are 40ish Hatchback STi`s left in the UK hub
**** - are you sure.
I was at a dealer on Friday and he told me that he can't get any STI's.
He said he's been trying to get another STI since the beginning of March.
Old 04 May 2010, 09:31 AM
twooo
Scooby Regular

I know a certain 'lady' that can help him with that....

Fecking cow
Old 04 May 2010, 12:28 PM
aggs
Scooby Regular

Whens the circa 200 bhp diesel coming out?

TdSTI thats the car that will get Subaru car sales going again!!

4wd
massive torque
40+ mpg
low emmisions.

Surely they must produce one soon.

The new car looks good on the link below.

I feel sorry for those who bought the first of the Hatchbacks,especially the WRX s, the STI is growing on me in the right colour!

P.S. Subaru without Prodrive would take some getting used to.
Old 04 May 2010, 12:38 PM
twooo
Scooby Regular

The hatch is growing on me slowly TBH. The saloon looks pretty good too, with the flared wheel arches. The rear light clusters are the only thing that let's it down really (on the saloon).

I heard a rumour Prodrive are planning to go back into WRC in conjunction with Mini and maybe VW next season. Maybe, just maybe, Cosworth will do the same with Subaru in a couple of years' time. Filtered down to the dealers for general sale: Subaru Impreza WRX STi with Cosworth Performance Pack. Not neccesarily with a full Cossie engine, just a pack similar to the current PPP. I'd buy one!
Old 05 May 2010, 08:40 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Yes it's great that people are getting excited about Subaru products again
the new hatch is a fantastic looking machine and a wrx brand new for 19k is a bargain with all the bits put on free compared to 2000 when we paid list price nearly 23k and 6-9 months delivery
new wide bodied car looks great and the magic word cosworth are getting people thinking again
is anyone confessed to ordering one yet ?
Old 05 May 2010, 08:49 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Well, the Dealer I went to on Monday had STi's piled high ... not sure if they were sold though.

He had no WRX's - but there were plenty around at Subaru Uk and in the dealer network. Has anyone looked to see how old these 'new' cars actually are? Could they be the 2007 cars which were brought in but unsold and sat around?

The trim plastics are normally date stamped .. has anyone looked? It's not a bargain if the car is already 3 years old
Old 05 May 2010, 09:03 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Piled high Pete? That's strange.. The Subaru approved used car search gives 57 Hatches in the country with any one dealer only having a maximum of 3 in stock?

As for the "it could be 3 years old" statement, this could apply to any of the marques... just go to your nearest port and count the number of unsold cars sat in the sun...

Last edited by scooby L; 05 May 2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05 May 2010, 11:47 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Well, the Dealer I went to on Monday had STi's piled high ... not sure if they were sold though.
Pete - tell them there is a dealer just outside Belfast that will probably take at least 2 off their hands - assuming they're new that is.
Old 05 May 2010, 03:03 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

I've just got back from my local dealer to pick up some midnight pearl blue touch up paint (that has taken over 3 weeks to get in).

Seams the hatch is being dropped totally next year in favor of the saloon.. and the only Impreza saloon available will be the STI..one model, one shape, one spec.. no WRX and it's derivatives... maybe a "tweeked" STI to follow on but with prodrive no longer in the mix god knows who will develop that.

Quick Reply: Free Impreza Upgrades From Subaru