Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple of questions for you Impreza owners, pretty please :)

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2010, 04:26 PM
BUG4LIFE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of questions for you Impreza owners, pretty please :)

Hiya guys,

I'm just doing a bit of out of work market research and have a few questions for you, hope it's ok!

Would any of you consider buying Subaru branded clothing from a dealer, or have you done so? I know they do quite a lot of stuff, which I guess now that it has no connection to the WRC, sales must of dropped?

If you don't, would there be anything that would attract you to Subaru clothing, from a design point of view etc? You see, I think it would need to be more fun, more visually entertaining - what would you think to Manga inspired printed t-shirts etc [the Initial D artwork is pretty sweet], featuring Impreza's of all ages? Or is the typical Scooby driver to old for Manga?

As I said, just got a few bits going on at work and from a personal point of view, wanted to get some owners comments. Cheers
Old 21 April 2010, 04:29 PM
BUG4LIFE
Scooby Regular

Ooh, just a thought, I guess 'dealer' is a pretty dirty word to you guys. Anyone actaully use dealers to look after your cars that are out of warranty?
Old 21 April 2010, 05:20 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The new Range of Subaru branded stuff is not rally orientated. If your into Banzai Mag then the manga stuff is more you thing.

Niche car for,on the whole, relatively mature people. You'll notice many are getting rid due to cost, breaking a Scoob is the way to make money now.
Old 21 April 2010, 07:18 PM
tinytears
BANNED

Originally Posted by BUG4LIFE
Hiya guys,

I'm just doing a bit of out of work market research and have a few questions for you, hope it's ok!

Would any of you consider buying Subaru branded clothing from a dealer, or have you done so? I know they do quite a lot of stuff, which I guess now that it has no connection to the WRC, sales must of dropped?

If you don't, would there be anything that would attract you to Subaru clothing, from a design point of view etc? You see, I think it would need to be more fun, more visually entertaining - what would you think to Manga inspired printed t-shirts etc [the Initial D artwork is pretty sweet], featuring Impreza's of all ages? Or is the typical Scooby driver to old for Manga?

As I said, just got a few bits going on at work and from a personal point of view, wanted to get some owners comments. Cheers

Hello Buglife, Yes i have bought Subaru clothing, but only because of the rally connection, and i only would wear them during rally GB Wales.
I personally would not bother, now Subaru are no longer in the WRC, it would be like buying Liverpool/Manchester United/Chelsea football shirt if they stopped playing football and ceased to be in the premier league.
Old 22 April 2010, 03:02 PM
BUG4LIFE
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your comments guys. Yeah I believe the connection to the WRC would of sold a bunch of clothes, caps etc and now that isn't there, why would anyone bother!

I can't make my mind up about Manga. I'm 30, so not exactly young but done in the correct way [ie, not the Manga characters with huge eyes], I think Japanese illustation can look sweet as hell and printed t-shirts with my car [or the car I would aspire to own] would be something I would buy. People buy tons of Ferrari branded stuff and that's not exactly exciting is it?!?

Of course, Subaru definetly need new younger, potential customers to be turned on by the brand - this younger market would be attracted to the Manga style which would in turn attract them to dealers, who sell it [maybe]???

Any other comments would be ace thanks guys
Old 22 April 2010, 04:09 PM
tinytears
BANNED

Originally Posted by BUG4LIFE
Thanks for your comments guys. Yeah I believe the connection to the WRC would of sold a bunch of clothes, caps etc and now that isn't there, why would anyone bother!

I can't make my mind up about Manga. I'm 30, so not exactly young but done in the correct way [ie, not the Manga characters with huge eyes], I think Japanese illustation can look sweet as hell and printed t-shirts with my car [or the car I would aspire to own] would be something I would buy. People buy tons of Ferrari branded stuff and that's not exactly exciting is it?!?

Of course, Subaru definetly need new younger, potential customers to be turned on by the brand - this younger market would be attracted to the Manga style which would in turn attract them to dealers, who sell it [maybe]???

Any other comments would be ace thanks guys
Younger market?
Well my son got an insurance quote for an Impreza and they wanted 5 grand fully comp. So i think young people driving these cars are few and far between. Maybe you should be targeting the max power lot in their Vauxall Corsa's.
Old 23 April 2010, 12:12 AM
BUG4LIFE
Scooby Regular

Sorry tinytears, think you miss read what I meant, I didn't mean younger drivers who actually own Impreza's - I meant young drivers who aspire to buy a Scooby 1 day, when they can afford it. People buy Ferrari branded stuff not cos they currently own a Ferrari, they just want to be associated with the brand - I was just thinking if the same could apply to Subaru, to make people think more positively about the dealer network from a younger age? Just a thought.

Last edited by BUG4LIFE; 26 April 2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 23 April 2010, 04:25 AM
Ginola
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats a main dealer cambelt service cost these days ??? it strikes me that the best way to peoples hearts is through there wallets...at least when it comes to cars
Old 23 April 2010, 07:03 AM
scud8
Scooby Regular

I've given up on main dealers since they tried to sting me for the best part of £1.5k for OE disks and pads. Once it gets so expensive to keep the car in standard trim there seems very little point in paying main dealer labour costs. There are plenty of well qualified and enthusiastic independents out there.

I have a Subaru WRC woolly hat somewhere, but that's the only Subaru branded clothing I have ever bought and I definitely wouldn't considering buying any more. I don't think the Ferrari link holds up as I suspect most people wearing their clothes are supporting the F1 team, not aspiring to own a Ferrari (and Ferrari owners will be wearing understated designer stuff!). I have a friend the same age as me (mid 40s) who is a fanatical Man U fan and always wears Man U branded clothes - with Subaru out of the WRC I can't see them engendering that type of loyalty.
Old 23 April 2010, 09:40 AM
rutt
Scooby Regular

subaru are still in group n why not some tommi makinen items
http://www.tommimakinen.net/
dont need to be blue then.
i went over the top and bought a tshirt for each year. even last years mostly from performance clothing coats fleece umbrella sunshade.
but only a couple of items from a dealer
Old 23 April 2010, 09:50 AM
Impreza100
Scooby Regular

I have a ken block subaru t-shirt, he makes some good stuff and its also a good brand (DC) perhaps check out his stuff? I would buy again.
Old 23 April 2010, 10:02 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Impreza100
I have a ken block subaru t-shirt, he makes some good stuff and its also a good brand (DC) perhaps check out his stuff? I would buy again.
Except for Ken Block drives a Ford now and his gear is branded as such
Old 23 April 2010, 10:18 AM
Impreza100
Scooby Regular

Whoops lol
Old 26 April 2010, 11:13 AM
BUG4LIFE
Scooby Regular

Cheers for all your comments guys. I guess due to the average age of an Impreza owner, buying branded clothes is a bit of a nonsense anyway right?!?!

I sure there must be a 'style' to suit all ages though - these are pretty sweet http://www.petrolthreads.co.uk/index.html, or those tees John Bentley keeps wearing on the Gadget Show, the BM ones?