Sponsored by:

Un Helpfull Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2010, 01:11 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Un Helpfull Dealers

Bought my car at S&S services in AYR, great bunch, i now live in Leeds so for obvious reason i cant have any warrenty work done there due to the 230 mile trip.

Since purchase ive had issues with wheel balancing and steering wheel wobble 65+ ( post on here about it )

Anyways today i got an email from a certain dealer ( not RN Golden ) to say that they didnt know what was wrong and didnt want to look at it either.

I then rang them and spoke to them explaining i needed it fixing to be told well we wont get paid for it, you didnt buy it here blah blah and eventually told me to swap front to back myself and then they may help me.

So i rang Subaru UK and complained who offered to help me with a call to said dealer but i refused as to be honest being treat like that with regards to my new car im disgusted that they said it.

So i rang RN Golden who happily helped me with my issue and its now booked in for test May 4th.

Has anyblody ever had this with dealers just basically passing the buck and ignoring the fact they are subaru dealers with a duty to help you.

Pers ive not had any great help from them since day dot with overpriced quotes arrogant salesmen who look about 16.

So thanks to RN Golden at Hudderfields for standing up and helping me. and to the other dealer for blatent unhelpfull arrogant bull****.
Old 20 April 2010, 01:21 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You often need to speak to the right person, IMHO.

But many dealers are struggling, and that attitude wouldn't help.

dunx

P.S. Free advert for the WYIOC !
Old 20 April 2010, 01:53 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought my car from s@s and cant fault them,

from gary john the sales/sevice team to lorna and kim who always give great advice and help,

it is annoying that we spend a lot of money on these cars and to get fobbed off regardless of what gargae they are they should be helpful as its word of mouth that generates extra income for them
Old 20 April 2010, 02:12 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Yeah S&Ss Campbell was a great Gent, let me eat all his chocolate outa his secret doort whilst they prepped my car.

I remember asking the leeds based guys for a quote for handsfree £560 quid ?????

I could get 2 parrot top of the range fitted for that.

grrrrrrr
Old 20 April 2010, 03:06 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

I bought my car from slipend garage in bedfordshire but live close to brighton e sussex,i had a couple of bits that needed doing under warranty so rather than driving 170miles back there i used my local subaru garage,who were more than helpfull to do the work.Also they will have been paid to do the work even though i never bought the car there.
Old 20 April 2010, 07:20 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

mine was a bit diff, if they balance your wheels and mess about i was told they dont get paid :/ hence the lack of helpfullness from them. i,ll give em 18 month and that branch wont exist
Old 20 April 2010, 07:47 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

They sell Leggy's to farmers, and the gentry....

LOL

dunx
Old 20 April 2010, 09:55 PM
firebug
Scooby Regular

i used to get my classic serviced at r.n golden all the time to keep the car having a fssh. , until i told them to check out a water leak i had as i couldnt find where it was coming from but could see steam and hear it hissing. they told me it would need a new water pump and seals and it would cost £500. it turned out to be a crack in the radiator. cost me £120 to fix it myself.
never been back there since.
Old 21 April 2010, 07:46 PM
Chan110
Scooby Regular

Hi LittleTed,

Hoped u get the car fixed - just becareful wherever dealer u go to they charge u the privileged (unless warranty work). U might want to try some indys (Richard Henry in Bradford, Pennine Subaru - Hebden Bridge and Sheffield Subaru) - their rates will be much cheaper.

I am shocked with my experience with dealers and one reason I bought my cars was how well subaru dealers were ranked in the JDPower survey and other independent surveys. One dealer gave me the completely incorrect info abt my car spec!