Sponsored by:

A word to the wise

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2010, 02:06 PM
Alif
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A word to the wise

After talking to Eternal Rage on here about a decat down pipe he had sitting I decided to send him the £140 he had asked for through paypal, after sending him the last £40 I had heard nothing from him. I got hold of his email address from the site and sent him an email direct. I have only heard from him once to say he had sent it through the post and he would look into reclaiming the money as the postal service in the Uk are quite apt at loosing things. I have still not heard from him again and there is no mention of him giving me the money back which he had recieved from me. I do not just send money out to anyone after all you have to be sure you are going to get what you pay for. IF any of you come accross this tit make sure you do not send him any money as he would more than likely keep the money and rip you off as he did with me, Erernal Rage if I do ever find out where you are I will pop down to discuss this matter with you!!
Old 17 April 2010, 03:11 PM
Mifo
Scooby Regular

If nothing turns up cant you claim through paypal?
ask for tracking info as well surely if it was sent he would have this?
Old 17 April 2010, 03:42 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if hes paid as a gift to avoid fees then no he cant claim it back from paypal,

i always send everything recorded delivery ,its the only way to prove uve sent and they have recieved the item,

best of luck getting ure money back mate,

the last time he was on was (Last Activity: 12 April 2010 17:29)

Last edited by Tomwrx; 17 April 2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 20 April 2010, 05:32 PM
Alif
Scooby Regular

Hi guys, no tracking number as he says he did not send it recorded
The things I have sold have always been sent recorded delivery, it keeps both of you safe I would have thought. He has said he sent out a replacement part and is now out of pocket?? How can he be out of pocket if he has the £140 I sent him To be honest he did not send it in the first place. I have started a claim through paypal to get the money back, I always use paypal if I can as you have this option if you have a problem. Hope no one else has this problem with him, he did state he had sent the replacement with DHL as I worked for them in the past I know they issue a number to every item sent through them and 9 times out of 10 you get the part next day, this is due to the fact that the HGV lorries travel over night to each alloted depot with the days deliverys. At 40 years old I was not born yesterday.
Old 20 April 2010, 09:22 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

live and learn , not everyone is honest in this world

good luck m8
Old 10 June 2010, 04:05 PM
Eternal Rage
Scooby Regular

Oh Dear.

I am not going to humour idle aggravation, i simply cant be bothered, but dont judge a situation on one persons half of the story. Firstly, I was very flexible in allowing the buyer to purchase the item over a series of payments, and over a length of time, like instalments, many people would have just said no way.

To Clarify, I sent the item with proof of postage, so can, and have prooved it was posted.

When he let me know it hadnt arrived i let him know i would have to wait 21 days for it to be classified as a missing item under royal mail legislation.
I said i would supply an identical item as replacement if 21 days passed with no sign of it.
But before 21 days had passed he started a Paypal dispute, where i copied all correspondence and our agreement and postage details and the case was rightly judged in my favour.

If he had waited another week or so for the 21 days to pass he would have had a De-Cat Downpipe and not been out of pocket, but he tried to claim against me wrongly.

Where things go wrong it is important to be patient and find a compromise.
I was happy to be Two Downpipes down instead of one, making most the compromise as a way of apologising for the delay, but apparently that wasnt good enough.

Oh well.

I still apologise for the inconvenience, and very sorry you didnt trust me, but at the end of the day, it has cost you, so maybe you will be more trusting next time.

I have sold many items off my Old car, without any other trouble, either with myself or the postal system, so please see that it isnt me that has failed you, but the Royal Mail.

Regards,
Chris
Old 10 June 2010, 04:12 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

So as a non-involved person, what was the "Dead Snail Mail's" response ?

dunx
Old 10 June 2010, 04:53 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Eternal Rage
Oh Dear.

I am not going to humour idle aggravation, i simply cant be bothered, but dont judge a situation on one persons half of the story. Firstly, I was very flexible in allowing the buyer to purchase the item over a series of payments, and over a length of time, like instalments, many people would have just said no way.

To Clarify, I sent the item with proof of postage, so can, and have prooved it was posted.

When he let me know it hadnt arrived i let him know i would have to wait 21 days for it to be classified as a missing item under royal mail legislation.
I said i would supply an identical item as replacement if 21 days passed with no sign of it.
But before 21 days had passed he started a Paypal dispute, where i copied all correspondence and our agreement and postage details and the case was rightly judged in my favour.

If he had waited another week or so for the 21 days to pass he would have had a De-Cat Downpipe and not been out of pocket, but he tried to claim against me wrongly.

Where things go wrong it is important to be patient and find a compromise.
I was happy to be Two Downpipes down instead of one, making most the compromise as a way of apologising for the delay, but apparently that wasnt good enough.

Oh well.

I still apologise for the inconvenience, and very sorry you didnt trust me, but at the end of the day, it has cost you, so maybe you will be more trusting next time.

I have sold many items off my Old car, without any other trouble, either with myself or the postal system, so please see that it isnt me that has failed you, but the Royal Mail.

Regards,
Chris
So did you not refund him then? I didn't understand the way it was worded when you said it "has cost you".
Old 10 June 2010, 05:06 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats what im thinking,
if royal mail lost it then surely as u sent it recorded delivery u will have proof,

therefore be able to claim against them so u are not out of pocket and the guy who bought it from u aint out of pocket,

the only loser should be royal mail
Old 10 June 2010, 05:41 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

This thread would appear to be proof that ET has the OP's money and knows the OP hasn't received his downpipe.

Hope it can be sorted out in a gentlemanly fashion... Pistols or sabres?
Old 10 June 2010, 09:03 PM
jamesthecat
Scooby Regular

guys join these people i have used them for 4 years and over 500 parcels and not 1 lost or damaged totch wood,its a company called parcels4delivery they use dhl if you join (free of corse)you get a 5% discount can send anything up to 30kg 110cmx60x35 anywere in uk for less than 8.50 you can pay with card or paypal all fully tracked and you can phone them and talk to a human being
Old 10 June 2010, 09:30 PM
aXeL
Scooby Regular

All this thread proves is that both parties had different expectations as to the process, communication and the terms of their agreement.

ETs position is reasonable given the circumstances except that it remains his responsibility to resolve the issue with Royal Mail with whom he contracted for services. The OP's contract is with ET not Royal Mail and he paid money in good faith, ergo the liability remains with ET to either refund the money or supply the goods. If the OP doesn't receive the goods within a reasonable period time (And this is legally a grey area), he's entitled to cancel the agreement for reimbursement. The OP should have waited the 21 days as ET stated, however his failure to do so doesn't negate his rights under the consumer protection act.

Worst case, if ET refuses a refund (though I'm sure he's a decent chap and wouldn't) the OP can take him to the small claims court where ET will be directed to refund him his losses and reasonable associated expenses, i.e. legal costs. I believe this case would be relatively straight forward as both parties versions of events clearly demonstrates that there was no 'meeting of minds' which is required for any agreement. This is the same rule which stops a stranger from offering a child a lollipop in exchange for his parents house. In cannot be demonstrated that both parties understood and were in agreement with the terms of the contract!

Last edited by aXeL; 10 June 2010 at 09:37 PM.