Sponsored by:

Nationwide Crash Repair Center - East Grindstead

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2010, 01:03 PM
Crofty79
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Nationwide Crash Repair Center - East Grindstead

Has anyone had any dealings with these people? Had a small accident in the ice last year and hit the kerb. Got the repairs to be done through insurance they told me to go to this place.

Not impressed so far, after a few problems with booking in date, I had a call yesterday saying my front tyres are illegal. I know one is due to the accident but the other seemed fine the last time i checked!

I know that your allowed wear on edge which is what i have as long as there is more than 1.6mm continuous on the center.

I was also quoted £250 to spray up the STi spoilers for my wagon!
Old 02 March 2010, 01:26 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

We see a lot Insurance companies telling customers where to get their cars repaired.

Please be aware that YOUR car can be repaired where YOU want it to be done and NOT where your insurance company tells you to take it.

We see lots of customers who get bullied into taking their pride and joys to a crap approved repairer who simply does not care the way enthusiasts ie you and us do and are probably fighting about which lad takes it for a road test!

Quite often customers get threatened by insurance reps if they want to take their cars where they want with things like "no Sir you cannot do that!" (er yes you can!) and " sir will not get a loan car from us! (no but we will give you one FOC!)

It sounds too late for the OP to take their car away, so just stand your ground and do not be bullied!

Good luck!

Ads

Last edited by specialx; 02 March 2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: cold fat claws!
Old 02 March 2010, 03:11 PM
baz995
Scooby Regular

i had to use these when i had my MR2 turbo, got hit from behind about 10mph and there was a 12mm crack in the corner of the bumper. It took them 2 weeks to change it, i phoned as to why it was takin so long and they said they were waiting for a new bumper?

i know the parts supplier they were using and phoned him, he said they had it delivered within 4 days and it was already painted.

phoned them back up and they said oh yeah we do have it but its getting painted and will need baking? i told them it was prepainted but they fobbed me off saying they were the experts. I also asked about why it wasnt repaired, plastic welded and they said it was beyond economical repair! (i got the bumper off them on sold it on fleabay for £100)

I phoned my insurance company to let them know they were claiming for an £830 bumper plus spraying etc and fitting and were pulling a fast one to be told that they were the experts and the insurance company always take their advice.

Rip off if you ask me, fair enough i didnt pay anything as it was the othher guys fault but you cant help think of those lovely premiums going up every year due to scams like this
Old 02 March 2010, 07:58 PM
Crofty79
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys, I did found out that i could of opt for somewhere else to repair it AFTER it was booked in! The insurance told me that I wouldn't get a loan car if I went else where.

I'm just going to have to make sure that I am happy with the work and check the tyres before they do anything with them. As they have said they won't release the car if the tyres are illegal.