sti 6 import mapping

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2010, 12:41 AM
ginger321
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sti 6 import mapping

hi all

i will be getting my sti 6 wagon at the importers in dover soon and the problem is im not sure when i can get it mapped. I live in glasgow and because of work commitments i have to travel back up asap.

Will the car be ok meantime if i run it on V power plus millers octane booster?
I think its the one that raises the octane by two points.
Old 24 February 2010, 01:23 AM
mje_wrx
Scooby Regular

99 ron wud be fine
Old 24 February 2010, 02:59 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mje_wrx
99 ron wud be fine

Sorry disagree, jap fuel is 101 octane if I remember right, so it would be best to top it up with something like millers like you say.

Not sure how possible bs would be for you but if you could book in with a mapper down this way such as bob Rawle and get it mapped before your journey home, might be an idea to be on the safe side but you should be ok on millers
Old 24 February 2010, 04:45 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

It isnt 101RON, its 100RON. People keep one-upping its value: Ive seen someone on a forum argue that it was 104RON once ffs!

V-Power will be fine as long as you dont cane it; but make sure its fresh (so from a station with a high SUL turnover). Its well over 100RON when it leaves the refinery, but it lasts like cheap wine...
Old 24 February 2010, 09:42 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
It isnt 101RON, its 100RON. People keep one-upping its value: Ive seen someone on a forum argue that it was 104RON once ffs!

V-Power will be fine as long as you dont cane it; but make sure its fresh (so from a station with a high SUL turnover). Its well over 100RON when it leaves the refinery, but it lasts like cheap wine...
well i stand corrected but i did say if i remember right

also to the OP, if the car is a direct import and been sitting for however long it was until you bought it, no idea on the overal spec if modded at all, if mapped to a higher grade fuel with additives, induction kit, (kills v5/6 mafs) etc etc, then jump in it start it up and drive near on what 8-9hours at 70-80mph on a motorway at 3.5-4k rpm then that is up to you but after a mapping session with one of the most respected guys on here and the deatil eh went into on grades of fuel and the difference just on bp, shell etc then i would want it mapped or trailerd before making a 8-9 hour drive in a car i did not know.

letds face it you will be getting it mapped anyway? so why not be safe then sorry, maybe i am over causious but if you intend to get it mapped anyway then why risk it going pop on your way home.

atleast run it on Shell Vpower and octane booster as well as contact someone like bob rawle, andy forrest or a tuner liek api, zen etc to ask what they think
Old 24 February 2010, 12:50 PM
ginger321
Scooby Regular

anyone got an idea of how much itd cost to get it trailered to scotlandshire?

Charge per mile!!
Ive already spoken with Bob and JGM who are in that neck of the woods my problem is work commitments, however it is my turn for a taking a dive!! speedos on standby!
Old 24 February 2010, 06:48 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

An absolute fortune! Dover is an unusual port. Usual ports are Southampton, Tilbury (not so much now) and Newcastle. If its not already here/on-board/booked then Id look for a carrier who goes up the East coast (Hual I think).

The car will be drained when its loaded and have a bit of rubbish fuel put in to off-load it. Fill up with V-Power and keep off boost and youll be perfectly alright.
Old 24 February 2010, 08:15 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

why not just drive it back up off boost. Andy F is maybe 50-60 miles away when you get back!