Sponsored by:

anybody fitted a jasma exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2010, 10:57 PM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody fitted a jasma exhaust

hi lads an girls. i bought this thinkin it would fit my99 uk model an the problem is, is that it comes in 2 pieces. a backbox an the pipe bolts to it to make it well a whole box an pipe.
anyways went to fit an the pipe comes right past my centre section about 500mm.
im goin to cut back my centre section an weld the flange onto it but was wondering if anybody has had to do this to or done somethin else to make it fit this year. my dads is a 1996 jdm an his system (standard) is different an i thought they was all same. well im thinking it is standard.
thanks for help an hope u understand this
Old 19 February 2010, 10:59 PM
Derek/ra
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by seddomyster
hi lads an girls. i bought this thinkin it would fit my99 uk model an the problem is, is that it comes in 2 pieces. a backbox an the pipe bolts to it to make it well a whole box an pipe.
anyways went to fit an the pipe comes right past my centre section about 500mm.
im goin to cut back my centre section an weld the flange onto it but was wondering if anybody has had to do this to or done somethin else to make it fit this year. my dads is a 1996 jdm an his system (standard) is different an i thought they was all same. well im thinking it is standard.
thanks for help an hope u understand this
Jasma isn't a brand of exhaust. It is a regulator in japan for the exhausts. Can you not use the centre section with the exhaust rather than yours?

Last edited by Derek/ra; 19 February 2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 19 February 2010, 11:18 PM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

i think it is a group n exhaust but not sure like. will have to give a good check over. there isnt a centre section with this 1 i bought. have to use my decat which is on it now but looks like i have to cut down to conect backbox up pipe is too long an cant cut this pipe as it widends even bigger than 3 inch an cant weld flange to it
Old 20 February 2010, 09:16 AM
matt2000
Scooby Regular

Sounds like it's not meant for your car buddy. As said before Jasma isn't a make. I believe it just means it's built to a spec, sort of like the German TUV mark or even the uk kite mark, although I don't believe we kite mark vehicle parts.
Old 20 February 2010, 09:29 AM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

its exactly the same exhaust that is what is on my dads jdm 96 wrx. i will get it to fit as the pipes line up pretty well an hangs on hangers perfect but just mad to see that on the car that this would be fitted to has a way shorter centre section than any other subaru system has