ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Mobile Phones and AP 6pots

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2001, 12:47 AM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Nearly got written off on the M4 yesterday!
The reason, BMW 7 Series swerved violently into my lane as the buffoon driving it was making a call and I can only assume he started accelerating toward the car in front and thought it better to enter my lane than write-off the car in front. Cheers then!

Then, further along the road Missy in her Toyota Celica veryfastbuti'lldo60inthoutsidelaneanywayandidontca reiftheresnothinginthemiddlelane slows down even more and then hits her brakes as she thought I was going too fast. Thanks for that, neeeded to check my brakes and yes they are ok.
THEN I get in front of her and she decides she can't see so gives me all her lights and foglamps. Well I just checked my brakes.
If only these situations were the exception and not the rule. At least our friendly neighbourhood gatso's can pick these ****** out.
Old 28 February 2001, 01:15 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Angry

Well, I seem to encourage this sort of behaviour from the BMW brigaid around Bassingstoke and the M3.. Yesterday was particularly good for BMW special manouvers that dont including indicating before do said manouver! I was particularly hacked off by the time i got home last night!

As usual best thing is to just drop back and let them do it. Give 'em space and save your scoob.
Old 28 February 2001, 01:25 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Maybe there has been a fool moon or something:
4 mile journey to work this morning:

1). Pull out to join outside lane of traffic approaching the traffic lights, while accelerating, so that the car 30m back in the outside lane does not have to worry about his braking distances, when the bus that was in front of me on the inside lane does the same thing without indicating, me standing on my brakes to avoid becoming part of the bus.
2). 300yards down the road, after 2 sets of traffic lights I am sitting in the outside lane as the road splits into 2 a few hundred yards up ahead, when the lorry I am level with the back of decides he is in the wrong lane and pulls across, so on my brakes I stand again.
Obviously some part of that mirror signal manouver routine went missing during their drivinng tests. I'm just glad I warm my brakes up when I leave the house in the morning.
Old 28 February 2001, 01:38 PM
ndouglass
Scooby Regular

I've had two incidents in the last 5 days involving cars & mobiles.

Friday - Driving home in 30mph limit, female student walks out onto the crossing making me to stop very quickly. The car following me was about 200yds behind but he wasn't paying attention, busy dialing a number then looked up to see me stationary. He locked up his new Fiesta and skidded to wards me, I launched myself forward as soon as girlie gets off crossing & he swerves to miss me. He ended up taking out a railing on the pavement and only scuffed my bumper.

Today - Travelling into work, dual carriageway and I'm in outside lane and I flashed to let out Corsa with big wheels. He pulls out thanks me
Then he passes the lorry he'd been stuck behind and pulls back in, I carry on and start to get level with him coming into a 30mph limit and he just pulls across without indication forcing me onto the other side of the road and round bollards. I get back on my side of the road and after removing my Girlfriend from the footwell I notice he's on the phone. All the way along to the next set of traffice lights he's on the phone changing lanes & undertaking. Lights go to red and I'm level with him at the lights, I lower my passenger window to tell him to be more careful. He laughs and tells me to "f**k off" and then screechs away from the lights, I hoofed it off to the next set of light where my girlfriend told me to calm down and just before he turned left he opened his window and spat on my car. I've got his number and I've reported him to the police and if I see him again whilst on my own I'll teach him a bit of courtesy.

Grrrrr

Neil

[This message has been edited by ndouglass (edited 28 February 2001).]
Old 28 February 2001, 02:01 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by DrEvil:
<B>Well, I seem to encourage this sort of behaviour from the BMW brigaid around Bassingstoke and the M3.. Yesterday was particularly good for BMW special manouvers that dont including indicating before do said manouver![/quote]

Alex, hasn't anyone told you that you don't need to indicate if you drive a Beemer? Did you not know that road superiority comes with ownership?

The other rule you may not be aware of is that *all* of the other traffic laws don't obey to you either!!!

Matt.
Old 28 February 2001, 02:06 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Talking

Mutant Matt - ah yes, this has been said to me before... Also I believe that BMW now ship their cars with the fuse for the indicator relay removed. This was confirmed by other half's Father who owns a 7 series and is you a-typical BM driver , I wont mention what hes like as a person thou suffice to say, he attitude to driving isnt disimilar to his attitude in general.
Old 28 February 2001, 02:12 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Cool

Alex - he doesn't approve of your hair then? LOL

Justin