ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Bad Day!

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2010, 12:08 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Day!

Last Tuesday turned out to be a rather bad and expensive day!

On returning to the office, I punctured three tyres simultaneously! With the sun in my eyes, I didn't see a pile of glass in the road which had rolled across from the nearby recycling bins (the bins were full so people had just piled bottles next to them). As soon as I parked up and got out I could hear the hissing - so I headed to the nearest tyre centre.

This is where it gets worse. Of course, I was captive - needed three tyres (well four actually - I couldn't see the point in only getting three done and leaving a part worn fourth). The tyre shop only had full sets of a couple of brands so I ended up having to get Coopers. I had never heard of them and although the tyres looked OK and well made, they weren't on my shortlist. To be fair, after a few hundred miles they seems to be fairly competent but not tyres I would have purchased.

It was as the shop was fitting the tyres, I noticed that a stone had taken out one of the front fog lamps - stealer wanted £130! Has anyone fitted one of these - I have had to pay for a new lamp but will fit it myself to save some brass if possible - feedback appreciated.

So my wallet had now lightened by around £700 including the fog lamp which made me think - well I might as well keep spending. Hence, up to Elite the next day for a Prodrive four wheel set. OK, it cost me another £200 with the rear adjustable camber bolts added, but boy, what a difference!

Scared to drive the car now - I hadn't spent a penny on her for ages...and then....
Old 01 February 2010, 12:37 PM
motorola222
Scooby Regular

ha ha i had a similar effec to this once. i went to have an exhuast fitted which due to being a euro import needed some customisation. then i noticed my front tyres were bald on the inside and the 3rd tyre had nail in it. so what shud of been a 400 pound day turned into 850.
Old 01 February 2010, 02:23 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Try e-bay or breakers for foglights, easy to fit too.

Or better still, ditch the fogs and buy some driving lights.........actually worth having
Old 01 February 2010, 02:47 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Flea bay or for sale section here would be best bet for a new fog, its an easy job, usually about 3 bolts on a classic. Or clips from behind the bumper on a newage. About 20 mins work.

Just to make you smile

I see your bad day and raise you 1 drunk range rover driver who was on the wrong side of the road, forcing me to run over a granite block

result: 2 wheels looking like this

Now for the bit that made me cry, the car was 11 weeks old (from new) at this point. " wheels turns to scrap.
Old 01 February 2010, 03:47 PM
rookymatt
Scooby Regular

Looks like a bmw wheel to me- wallets at the ready! Had to buy two new rear tyres thanks to a bloody load of nails spilt on the road last week! Oh the joys of driving. Its almost as much fun as eating your own genitals!
Old 01 February 2010, 04:12 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Thats a MY09 17" scoob wheel. Thanks to Iain at LI sorted very quickly and relativly painless.
Old 02 February 2010, 01:54 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

Feeling better already now I know it's doesn't just happen to me! What I failed to mention was that my bad day almost got worse - around a mile from home a deer shot out of the woods and embedded itself into the car in front (a Volvo)!
After stopping to see if he was OK (car a write off), moving the dead deer to the roadside, I drove home and went straight to bed - hiding under the covers.
Old 02 February 2010, 02:06 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Just think of all that free vension you could haev had.

If that had been me, it would have been straight in the boot.
Old 02 February 2010, 02:14 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Coopers are fine