Sponsored by:

what do you think ?

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2010, 05:28 AM
toigye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think ?

hi guys im wanting yet another scooby lol thing is it would have to be my daily drive as couldnt afford two cars i want an sti import do you think it would be ok as a daily drive i do about 40 miles a day or or is this going to be unrealistic .i havent really had one in past for a long period so never had any major problems but i hear so many things on forums now i have been told that if i get one as a long term thing i will definatley need a engine rebuild at some point even if i get a low miler any advise or your thoughts thanks ..
Old 26 January 2010, 05:52 PM
type-ellis
Scooby Regular

I would say it depends how deep your pockets are, as reguards to fuel. Wouldnt fancy driveing mine 40 miles everyday with the price of v power at the moment and it aint getting any cheaper. Mine isnt that bad on fuel realy but 40 miles each day, that would soon mount up. I use my mountain bike for work each day, my work is only about 1.5miles away but im prob £20 a week better off and i dont like starting it for little runs.
Old 26 January 2010, 06:14 PM
scatty
Scooby Regular

itl be ok unless you have a heavy right foot.....
Old 26 January 2010, 06:15 PM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

depends how you view it. i justify it by the following,
its my pride and joy it makes me smile and its my hobby.

its not a cheap car to run but will put a smile on your face.
as you have mentioned they can be very costly in regards to engine rebuilds ect. mine went and a gearbox followed all within 6mounths of owning the car (1994). that cost me a considrable amount. there are good ones out there for example mine now, rebuilt engine and gearbox and remaped . you just have to find 1, as most that invest the money in the older imprezas tend to hold on to them, i know i will be

good luck finding a minter
im in the prosess of saving for a work van need it and would be cheaper to run would like the car as a weekend toy personaly .

maybe a better option would be a turbo 2000 as they are slightly better on fule.
Old 27 January 2010, 06:16 PM
toigye
Scooby Regular

thanks guys i have had scoobs before but not sti id like a nice version 3 in white i just love em lol
Old 28 January 2010, 06:56 PM
toigye
Scooby Regular

Default help

anyone out there with more info
Old 28 January 2010, 07:08 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

ve got a newage subaru travel 50 miles a day not heavy on the right foot 35 quid a week

Trending Topics

Old 28 January 2010, 11:20 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I also have a newage but due to work being only 4 miles away, do about 120 miles a week in total and it costs me about £35, but I dont drink a lot so its my hobby, depends how you view the car really as I couldn't drive a normal family car, never had one but doubt I ever will.
Old 29 January 2010, 04:53 AM
Woody182
Scooby Regular

I bought my White absolute mint v3 sti last year mate and haven't looked back, it's a certain keeper for me! Amazing to drive but I defo wouldn't use it as an every day car! It eats the fuel! But if your loaded...go for it
Old 29 January 2010, 06:30 AM
harwichscooby
Scooby Regular

hi mate ive got a 1996 wrx import i was usen it as a daily runner but not now mate cos of fuel? its got a 50ltr tank and it emptys it in 190miles and thats just for work, £1.15p a litre x 50 litres = £57 a week on fuel not good mate. im drive the missus astra at the mo and used it for 2 weeks and havent filled it up yet........... but its a ****in boren as **** drive now, but as the cost of things are allways goin up we have to save, so unfair lol